Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Tigers asst. GM Al Avila..... "I don't think anything's going to happen," he said of trades.

The rumor mill is circulating that the Tigers and Cubs are “hard at work” on a Soriano deal.
Cubs will want major prospects if they pay most of the contract.
Soriano is owed $18 million each of the next two years, in addition to the rest of the money left this year (about $6 million).
The assumption would be Soriano would DH with #Tigers. Almost assuredly would require Cubs to pick up large portion of $36M for '13, '14.
Clubs ahead of Tigers for AL waivers: Twins, Royals, Mariners, Indians, Jays, Red Sox, Rays, Orioles. Good deals not likely to clear.
There is NO question that Soriano would clear waivers in August, but he still has no trade rights.

Last edited:
Tigers people say they are not getting Soriano.

http://walkoffwoodward.com/?p=4701
Reports On Alfonso Soriano Are Reportedly Reporting That He May or May Not Be Traded to the Tigers.
from walkoffwoodwardtigersblog

most people will agree that Soriano would be a vast improvement to the Tigers corner outfielder/slash DH conundrum. However, it doesn’t make sense for either team to do this deal now. Soriano can pass through waivers quite easily and, much like the Delmon Young addition last year, the Tigers could probably get him a bit cheaper (prospect wise) at the later date.

Last edited:
Dombrowski on Soriano: "We never discussed him one time. Not once. ... We did speak with the Cubs, but we did not speak about Soriano.

Dombrowski on VMart return in Sept.: "We're not counting on it. Is there a chance? I guess there's a chance, but we're not counting on it."

Last edited:
Dirks: Sometimes it takes 40-50 at-bats, whatever it is. I felt good today and keep it rolling into the next game that I play.

Dirks: Now I'm concentrating on just baseball instead of having to do this and maybe if I move this way, is it going to hurt?

Dirks: There was one day there where I came in and it was sore but since then it's felt good.

Dirks: I've been able to run down balls and feel I can get to balls that I should w/o any problems as far as the injury is concerned.

Dirks: When you come back, you get a little antsy and you want to hit it so hard sometimes that it messes with your mechanics a little bit.

Dirks: The objective was to come down here and play and that's what I'm doing right now and that's what we're focused on.

Dirks: When everybody feels like it's time, then it'll happen.

Dirks: I can get through games and can probably play every day at this point. Hitting-wise, I'm right on the brink, I think.

Dirks: It's always frustrating a little bit when you're struggling but at the same time, you can't put that in your head.

Dirks: I've had 30 at-bats maybe, so it'd be a different scenario if you had 250 at-bats and you're still struggling.

DanaWakiji

Last edited:
umpires f'k the Tigers, stop it w/ bases loaded, and now called, that isn't a clean inning, f'kn crew chief blows f'k the redsox, Tigers file protest with commisioners office.

Back