Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

That's like saying Matt Stafford: Best Detroit Lions QB since..

I'm probably the 2nd or 3rd best RB prospect since Barry. That's how bad it's been.

Just because they didn't work doesn't mean they aren't good prospects. Injuries were the main reason for most of them.

And Kerryon Johnson is good. Swift looks good on paper as a complete back.

Reggie Bush 2013 was probably the closest we got.

Nobody can do what Barry did. Most backs need some run blocking. Big V, Jackson, Ragnow, Stenberg and Decker can make that happen. Best run blocking combo I have seen for a Lions squad on paper but they have things to prove clearly

Just because they didn't work doesn't mean they aren't good prospects. Injuries were the main reason for most of them.

And Kerryon Johnson is good. Swift looks good on paper as a complete back.

Reggie Bush 2013 was probably the closest we got.

Nobody can do what Barry did. Most backs need some run blocking. Big V, Jackson, Ragnow, Stenberg and Decker can make that happen. Best run blocking combo I have seen for a Lions squad on paper but they have things to prove clearly
Swift, me and then the rest. I'm top five regardless.

That's like saying Matt Stafford: Best Detroit Lions QB since..

I'm probably the 2nd or 3rd best RB prospect since Barry. That's how bad it's been.

Yeah, no.

Kevin Jones was the real deal....but couldn?t stay healthy. Doesn?t mean he was bad.
Kevin Smith was solid.....
Jahvid Best was phenomenally talented .....but his brain was mush.

LKP is actually right in this case. We?ve had some good RB?s since #20.....but nobody can stay healthy long enough to prove it.

What people fail to realize is the majority of the top backs in the league were 1st-2nd rounders. I’d much rather use 2nd round picks on 22 year old RBs then pay $10+ Mil for a 28yr old.

And FA backs get paid some big money.
Look how much McKinnon and Coleman got from San Fran
Breida is 3 million cap hit. Kerryon only 2 million

Cheap Round 2 is the smartest way to add a good back and not pay much.

According to data from ESPN Stats & Info, Lions gave UDFA TE Hunter Bryant a $20,000 signing bonus, P Arryn Siposs a $15,000 signing bonus and LS Steven Wirtel a $7,000 signing bonus. None, in the grand scheme of Lions payroll, are massive amounts of money but it's worth noting who got a little something extra from Detroit.
espn

Yeah, no.

Kevin Jones was the real deal....but couldn?t stay healthy. Doesn?t mean he was bad.
Kevin Smith was solid.....
Jahvid Best was phenomenally talented .....but his brain was mush.

LKP is actually right in this case. We?ve had some good RB?s since #20.....but nobody can stay healthy long enough to prove it.

Its easy to say the're the real deal when we never saw it because of injuries. Just because they were highly thought of.

Smith, 3.9 YPC, Imo that's not solid. Jones got progressively worse after his rookie season. So these two even when healthy were not all that good.

Best gets a pass just because there's not enough to go on.

We all say great prospect based on where they were drafted or what "football people" say about them. Especially since we know majority of draft picks fail.

If anything they should say best since James Stewart. Not Barry Sanders.

https://www.detroitlionspodcast.com...s-post-draft-looks-the-detroit-lions-podcast/
Detroit Lions Podcast Episode 265 ? Lions Post-Draft Looks. 114 minutes.

In this episode of The Detroit Lions Podcast, Chris is joined by the inimitable Jeff ?The Riz? Risdon to get Riz?s take on the Lions draft performance. We also discuss the Lions UDFA pool and some of the amazing signings Bob Quinn pulled off to put this team together. We pay particular attention to Julian Okwara, Jonah Jackson, Logan Stenberg, Jason Huntley, and John Penisini from the draft. We follow that up with a deep dive on Hunter Bryant from the UDFA pool ? a guy Riz thinks could end up our number two tight end. From there, we do a pass around the division and give our initial thoughts on how the rest of the NFC North performed in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Detroit Lions Podcast ? Safer In Your Ears.
Now that we?ve recovered from the draft party, it?s a good time to re-energize and step back to look at what just happened in the colder light of day. This episode does just that and Riz does a great job of bringing reality to the party. In this case, reality is a good place to be. With an episode coming in at nearly two hours, we don?t short you on content this week ? and there?s a lot more yet to cover. See you next week!

Back