Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

And really if they don't go defense, they take a tackle
Decker, Dahl, Ragnow, Vatai and Wirfs/Willis/Thomas is a big upgrade for the line

It could be elite pass protection and good run blocking together. They would need to nail Round 2 and 3 for defense though.

And really if they don't go defense, they take a tackle
Decker, Dahl, Ragnow, Vatai and Wirfs/Willis/Thomas is a big upgrade for the line

It could be elite pass protection and good run blocking together. They would need to nail Round 2 and 3 for defense though.

Ya im with you this could be a smoke screen or it could be a put the feeler out now that our D is good so i can pick a QB or OT at #3 and get less backlash. He cant be that stupid where he'd actually think that would work, can he? lol

He will get his ass handed to him if
1) He cant figure out how to trade down
2) Hes stuck at 3 and doesnt go CB or OLB.

Personally i see a ton of value to go OT at 3. I dont want them too cause our D is so brutal....but i see the value in it. On the other hand...if OT is your target then you definitely look to move down some spots because there are 3 top 10 calibur OTs in this draft.

I could understand QB at #3. I dont want them to. But for the future of this team it doesnt help anyone to pay Stafford $35 mil in a couple years.

If im honest i dont see much value in picking Okudah at #3. I dont think hes this Deion Sanders type difference maker. I see him struggling for a couple years out of the gate. Also, theres rumore a lot of teams have CJ Henderson rated above Okudah. If Henderson is Quin's target once again a move down makes some sense.

My updated draft preferences ranked would be:
1) Chase Young falls to us at #3
2) Trade Down to #5-#12...pick BPA CB, DT, OT
3) Draft Simmons at #3
4) Draft OT at #3
5) Draft QB at #3. Your best chance at drafting a quality qb is in the top 10. And if youre not planning on being in the top 10 again any time soon then this may be your only shot to pick a quality qb in the near future.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1251100172228218880

Ian Rapoport - @RapSheet

This forum, and many others, might have one big collective aneurysm when it's all said and done.

Ya...i think B Quin said it the other day if people were listening. This years draft teams are putting a large focus on who can contribute without going through an entire off season. If youre fat....youre still fat and can play the oline. If youre chase young....we just need you to rush the passer. I can definitely see OT be in play at #3 because all they need to do is learn the playbook.

I am still going with what I said before the season even ended. Chase Young is going to fall to us and we will pick someone else or trade back. Quinntricia always have to be the smartest person in the room.

Back