Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

agreed. im fine with their rd 2 pick...anything ontop of that is icing. Id be fine with Okudah there based on need....i dunno how good he becomes. Simmons pick i would like. I still think theres a good chance they go Brown or OT as well. Hell trading back again would be great. Imagine if they pulled off a trade down to 5. Then pull off a trade down to 9 with JAx for Ngakoue and more 2nd rd picks! Talk about potential for a quick turnaround for our defense.

That would be great. And still get a good player at 9 plus Ngakoue to fix DE. Hope this happens.

agreed. im fine with their rd 2 pick...anything ontop of that is icing. Id be fine with Okudah there based on need....i dunno how good he becomes. Simmons pick i would like. I still think theres a good chance they go Brown or OT as well. Hell trading back again would be great. Imagine if they pulled off a trade down to 5. Then pull off a trade down to 9 with JAx for Ngakoue and more 2nd rd picks! Talk about potential for a quick turnaround for our defense.

Jax wants a first for Ngakoue. They aren't going to give up #9 and give the Lions Ngakoue and a second for #5.

Just saw this rumor

?The Raiders are offering the 19th-overall pick in the first round, while Jacksonville is asking for the 12th-overall pick. Sources say they don't believe the Jaguars will get a better offer than a late top-20 pick, as Ngakoue has already stated that he won't sign an extension with Jacksonville. Those team staffers feel that the Jaguars could come around to doing the trade for the 19th pick because Ngakoue has painted them into a corner.?

#5 for Ngakoue and #9 was the most intriguing story from yesterday, but he's going to want upwards of $20M/year. I'd do it. I see the top 10 shaking out with 3 OTs (primary trade targets - not QBs), 2 QBs, and Chase Young leaving Okudah, Simmons, or Brown at #9.

Also, there are a handful of teams that will want to leap frog to the back half of the top 10 to grab Juedy, Ruggs, or Lamb. Right now, if there are no trades, I could see the WRs going 11 (NYJ), 12 (LVR), and 13 (SF). I'm sure some team will pay dearly to get ahead of them.

This might just be the year to sacrifice the 1st round and continue trading back to pick up 1st round picks next year when Trevor Lawrence comes out.

Jax wants a first for Ngakoue. They aren't going to give up #9 and give the Lions Ngakoue and a second for #5.

Just saw this rumor

?The Raiders are offering the 19th-overall pick in the first round, while Jacksonville is asking for the 12th-overall pick. Sources say they don't believe the Jaguars will get a better offer than a late top-20 pick, as Ngakoue has already stated that he won't sign an extension with Jacksonville. Those team staffers feel that the Jaguars could come around to doing the trade for the 19th pick because Ngakoue has painted them into a corner.?

If some team trades with WAS at #2 (presumably to take Tua) and Chase Young is sitting there at #3, I'll bet the Jags would jump at Ngakoue, #9, and possibly more (probably not a 2nd).

If some team trades with WAS at #2 (presumably to take Tua) and Chase Young is sitting there at #3, I'll bet the Jags would jump at Ngakoue, #9, and possibly more (probably not a 2nd).

If that's the case, the Lions will just take Chase Young...the younger, cheaper and quite possibly, the much better player.

edit...it doesn't matter because Wash is NOT going to trade the #2 pick.

Last edited:
Quinn will call in as fast as he can to draft CJ Henderson and then say "he is the top player on our board and other teams were calling to grab him so we had to get him where we could." Has Quinn ever made the smart choice when it came to the draft?

Quinn will call in as fast as he can to draft CJ Henderson and then say "he is the top player on our board and other teams were calling to grab him so we had to get him where we could." Has Quinn ever made the smart choice when it came to the draft?

Quinn has many good draft picks. And the ones questioned the most, Golladay and Walker were good picks. Ragnow great pick. Decker has been good. Robinson was solid on a cheap 2nd round pick contract. And Hock is TBD but showed some good flashes before the injury.

Tabor the biggest fail due to speed. He is on 49ers roster now.

Jarrad Davis has the talent just hasn't put it all together. Plus he was drafted in a different scheme and they are trying to fit him in Patricias scheme. Contract year for him as they won't pick up 5th year option

Lots of good talent available. Simmons, Brown or Okudah we would all be happy with at pick 5 or later. CJ Henderson has been getting some love lately too. Could be grumbling early but if he is a good player people will forget about that. I think Henderson can be a good player.

And you can make an argument for OT given the value and the guard hole to move Vaitai.

Quinn has many good draft picks. And the ones questioned the most, Golladay and Walker were good picks. Ragnow great pick. Decker has been good. Robinson was solid on a cheap 2nd round pick contract. And Hock is TBD but showed some good flashes before the injury.

Tabor the biggest fail due to speed. He is on 49ers roster now.

Jarrad Davis has the talent just hasn't put it all together. Plus he was drafted in a different scheme and they are trying to fit him in Patricias scheme. Contract year for him as they won't pick up 5th year option

Lots of good talent available. Simmons, Brown or Okudah we would all be happy with at pick 5 or later. CJ Henderson has been getting some love lately too. Could be grumbling early but if he is a good player people will forget about that. I think Henderson can be a good player.

And you can make an argument for OT given the value and the guard hole to move Vaitai.

So he's had 5 good picks in 4 drafts? That doesn't seem to be very good.

So he's had 5 good picks in 4 drafts? That doesn't seem to be very good.

Decker
Robinson
Golladay
Walker
Ragnow
Kerryon Johnson
DShawn Hand Round 4
Crosby Round 5
Agnew Round 5
Glasgow Round 3
Dahl Round 5

I would say all of those were good picks. Couple others ended up only being good ST in Killebrew and Reeves Mabin.

5th rounder for Harrison for 2 years is meh now

TBD for 2019 class. Hock, Tavai, AO with potential. Will Harris, Bryant and Ty Johnson some as well

Last edited:
Decker
Robinson
Golladay
Walker
Ragnow
Kerryon Johnson
DShawn Hand Round 4
Crosby Round 5
Agnew Round 5
Glasgow Round 3
Dahl Round 5

I would say all of those were good picks. Couple others ended up only being good ST in Killebrew and Reeves Mabin.

5th rounder for Harrison for 2 years is meh now

TBD for 2019 class. Hock, Tavai, AO with potential. Will Harris, Bryant and Ty Johnson some as well

sorry, I should have said 5 good players.

Kerryon was not a good pick and isn't a good player.

Regardless the GM puts the roster together and he's done terrible.

It takes time to build. It?s not like he walked into a winning organization. We?re the equivalent of the Browns and Bengals, maybe worse.

Losing culture/organization that?s been around for years. That?s not on Quinn.

sorry, I should have said 5 good players.

Kerryon was not a good pick and isn't a good player.

Kerryon is clearly a good player. Injury is the only concern and who knows how extra cautious they were last year because they didn't have Stafford so was pointless playing Kerryon though he did play the final 2 games

2018 was a transition year
2019 Stafford got hurt and they should have been 6-2 if not for refs with Stafford

But that terrible record helps now as we get pick 3 and can trade it for more picks.

I like Flowers, Harmon, Walker, Trufant, AO, Coleman, Collins, Hand when healthy
Solid choices in Shelton/Williams but tBD
TBD on Tavai, Harris, Austin Bryant
Davis in a contract year. Has the talent but it's now or never. Drafted for a different scheme with no vets around him to help him learn

The offense looks great when healthy. Kerryon, Marvin, Hock and Stafford injury problems wreck it. Oline looks solid and can add more

Kerryon is clearly a good player. Injury is the only concern and who knows how extra cautious they were last year because they didn't have Stafford so was pointless playing Kerryon though he did play the final 2 games

He clearly can't stay healthy and he has done nothing to say he was worth a 2nd round pick.

Didn't he trade up to get him? :lmao:

He clearly can't stay healthy and he has done nothing to say he was worth a 2nd round pick.

Didn't he trade up to get him? :lmao:

Kerryon has been excellent YPC, receiving skills and runs well.
Clearly he had 2nd round grade for any team

I've seen players come back from early knee injuries and do well and stay healthy. Big year for him to prove he can stay healthy. Bo will ease some pressure off of him. Will Lions add another power back is the question in Round 3 or 4. 2nd round contracts are cheap as well

There is not one good back taken after him 2018. Only good back not named Josh Jacobs is Devin Singletary in 2019. Would have had to take Singletary in Round 2 as well. He went before 81

Chubb, Michel, Penny, Ronald Jones all went before Kerryon in 2018

Last edited:
Kerryon has been excellent YPC, receiving skills and runs well.
Clearly he had 2nd round grade for any team

I've seen players come back from early knee injuries and do well and stay healthy. Big year for him to prove he can stay healthy. Bo will ease some pressure off of him. Will Lions add another power back is the question in Round 3 or 4. 2nd round contracts are cheap as well

There is not one good back taken after him 2018. Only good back not named Josh Jacobs is Devin Singletary in 2019.

Chubb, Michel, Penny, Ronald Jones all went before Kerryon in 2018

exactly...we got the left overs. Talented but injury prone. Risky pick for rd 2 to say the least.

Round 2 was his value in like every draft outlet there was.
Kerryon has been better than Penny, Michel and Jones for sure
Chubb is good

But anyway.

Any backs you guys like in Round 3 or 4
I like AJ Dillon in Round 4 from BC

Last edited:
It takes time to build. It?s not like he walked into a winning organization. We?re the equivalent of the Browns and Bengals, maybe worse.

Losing culture/organization that?s been around for years. That?s not on Quinn.

Sure it is. If we're all going to blame the previous guys then why even hire a GM if it won't help. We'll just blame Millen. Lol.

Back