Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FISA Abuse

At least she went to a network that doesn't even attempt to hide their bias.

Not so sure that’s true about MSNBC. I think they probably consider themselves mostly objective.

If they don’t, it’s even more strange she would go there given her and Peter Stokz claims that they were completely impartial invesigators seeking only the truth.

Last edited:
Not so sure that?s true about MSNBC. I think they probably consider themselves mostly objective.

I mean, Fox News considers themselves objective too. Them and MSNBC are entertainment. It is not even news at this point. They can consider themselves sports networks for all I care, we know what they are.

If they don?t, it?s even more strange she would go there given her and Peter Stokz claims that they were completely impartial invesigators seeking only the truth.

When enough of the public think MSNBC is a credible news source, it only looks strange and hypocritical to a minority of people.

I mean, Fox News considers themselves objective too. Them and MSNBC are entertainment. It is not even news at this point. They can consider themselves sports networks for all I care, we know what they are.

When enough of the public think MSNBC is a credible news source, it only looks strange and hypocritical to a minority of people.

The few times I’ve seen Hannity, he’s virtually always said show is an opinion show and he doesn’t consider it a news show. I’m pretty sure every personality on MSNBC considers themselves journalists. I think the general opinion is that cnn and manny are credible news sources. I saw a YouTube video that compared their coverage to CNN, MSNBC and some mainstream networks in the major stories - they got a lot more right in their reporting than all the others.

Last edited:
The few times I?ve seen Hannity, he?s virtually always said he isn?t show is an opinion piece and he doesn?t consider his show a news show. I?m pretty sure every personality on MSNBC considers themselves journalists. I think the general opinion is that cnn and manny are credible news sources. I saw a YouTube video that compared their coverage to CNN, MSNBC and some mainstream networks in the major stories - they got a lot more right in their reporting than all the others.

I'll have to take your word on all of that. Can't say I'm very knowledgeable on the subject of Hannity or the other hosts. Just the networks in general.

Also, just to clarify, when you say "they got a lot more right in their reporting" did you mean factually or just reporting it in an unbiased way? Just curious what benchmark they seemed to hit that resonated with you, you seem like a guy that's never really happy with any source.

I'll have to take your word on all of that. Can't say I'm very knowledgeable on the subject of Hannity or the other hosts. Just the networks in general.

Also, just to clarify, when you say "they got a lot more right in their reporting" did you mean factually or just reporting it in an unbiased way? Just curious what benchmark they seemed to hit that resonated with you, you seem like a guy that's never really happy with any source.

I was going to comment on his post and then didn't feel like going through another pointless argument, but he said it was a "YouTube video" that made the claim, and just like any other source, it may have some bias one way or another. After all, according to him, you can't even trust Snopes.

I myself have seen several videos, admittedly usually posted by left leaning YouTubers, that have shown FOX getting things wrong many times, even showing maps that were wrong, it's no proof that they are more wrong or more right then anyone else, just that they were wrong in those instances.

Every news outlet probably has some lean to it, sometimes light, sometimes downright ready to fall over either left or right. FOX is one of the latter (as is MSNBC) and even not counting Sean Hannity and the now dismissed Bill O'Reilly does not make them anywhere close to the old tag line of theirs "fair and balanced".

So maybe lets agree that FOX is not better than MSNBC or CNN when it comes to reporting through partisan goggles, and probably not any worse either.

Last edited:
I was going to comment on his post and then didn't feel like going through another pointless argument, but he said it was a "YouTube video" that made the claim, and just like any other source, it may have some bias one way or another. After all, according to him, you can't even trust Snopes.

I myself have seen several videos, admittedly usually posted by left leaning YouTubers, that have shown FOX getting things wrong many times, even showing maps that were wrong, it's no proof that they are more wrong or more right then anyone else, just that they were wrong in those instances.

Every news outlet probably has some lean to it, sometimes light, sometimes downright ready to fall over either left or right. FOX is one of the latter (as is MSNBC) and even not counting Sean Hannity and the now dismissed Bill O'Reilly does not make them anywhere close to the old tag line of theirs "fair and balanced".

So maybe lets agree that FOX is not better than MSNBC or CNN when it comes to reporting through partisan goggles, and probably not any worse either.

Yep.

When Schwarzenegger was elected governor of California, somebody asked how I thought he would do.

I answered, ?well, he?ll probably be just as bad as all of them, and no worse than any of them.?

I don?t think I missed it by that much.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwrodxghrw

factually, which to me means it was more likely researched and verified rather than blindly repeating Clapper, Comey, Strozk, Page, Steele, etc. To me, that also seems less biased, unless facts just tend to have a conservative bias. My takeaway from it is that perhaps some of FOX's bias comes from factual reporting that contradicts, debunks or sheds light on outright lies pushed by leftist outlets. If they are biased to the right, it's basically 1 vs. everyone else who basically just say FOX news is biased and lying - they've said it enough times that it's now accepted truth to a large chunk of news consumers. I don't even watch it, and I can't count how many times Bob has "debunked" my posts as pushing FOX News lies.

I'm generally not happy with most news sources. I prefer to read transcripts, watch unedited videos, go directly to source websites when possible - that tends to show a very different story from what's portrayed in the media. That maybe true for Fox as well, but they are almost never the initial source for anything I read.

Last edited:

I'm sure we can nit pick every news source and find errors from all of them. I'm not saying FOX News is perfect or any less likely to flash an incorrect map on the screen. What I'm talking about reviewed reporting fact patterns from major story lines like Russia gate, FISA abuse, Clinton email scandal, Burrisma, etc.

Newly released notes of FBI agent Peter Strzok regarding Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn implicate former President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden in the FBI investigation against the former White House National Security Adviser.

The Department of Justice on Wednesday released Strzok’s handwritten notes from January 4th, 2017, the day before the infamous closed-door Oval Office meeting between Obama, Biden, ex-FBI Director James Comey, ex-Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, former National Security Adviser Susan Rice, and former CIA Director John Brennan coordinating the FBI investigation into Flynn.

Strzok’s handwritten notes reveal that Biden himself invoked the Logan Act as the basis for going after Flynn.

They also show that Obama himself directly ordered the targeting of Flynn, telling Comey: “Have the right people on the case.”

Not that it matters as nothing will be done and it all goes away after the DNC steals Nov via mail in virus ballots.

https://tinyurl.com/y8qkd48h

Last edited:
John Solomon: Indictments coming in Russia investigation
'My sources tell me there's a lot of activity'

https://www.wnd.com/2020/07/john-solomon-indictments-coming-russia-investigation/

But Attorney General William Barr has said he doesn't expect Obama and former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, to be subjects of a criminal investigation.

Well shit, where is the fun in that? I thought American politics was in the entertainment business now. Very disappointed in the upcoming season.

Well shit, where is the fun in that? I thought American politics was in the entertainment business now. Very disappointed in the upcoming season.

Also hearing around labor day which is incredibly disappointing. it's all going to be a big nobody cares anymore by the time they get around to it. In other developments, another timeline shift detected already. The Cancel culture eating their own now has us back on the Trump wins reelection path. Then in Feb 2021 things start to heat up with the chicoms eventually leading to war. Hillary still gets in the ring timeline, now a distant third.

Last edited:

sadly this appears to be another case where some low level schlubbs get thrown to the wolves while the people pulling the strings walk free...again.

so maybe the Russian collusion investigations aren't over...

from a conversation with Nancy Pelosi on Hillary's podcast:

Clinton: “I hope historically we will find out who [Trump is] beholden to, who pulls his strings. I would love to see his phone records to see whether he was talking to Putin the day that the insurgents invaded our Capitol. But we now know that not just him, but his enablers, his accomplices, his cult members, have the same disregard for democracy”

She continues asking the Speaker if she thinks “we need a 9/11-type commission to investigate and report everything that they can pull together and explain what happened?”

Nancy responds, "I do...To your point of who is he beholden to, as I’ve said over and over, as I said to him in that picture with my blue suit as I was leaving, what I was saying to him as I was pointing, rudely, at him: ‘With you, Mr. President, all roads lead to Putin.’ I don’t know what Putin has on him politically, financially, or personally, but what happened last week was a gift to Putin, because Putin wants to undermine democracy in our country and throughout the world...And these people, unbeknownst to them, maybe, are Putin puppets. They were doing Putin’s business when they did that at the incitement of an insurrection by the president of the United States.”

Pelosi went on to say that members of Congress should also be held accountable if they are found to have been working with the rioters planning to storm the Capitol by giving tours with the purpose of allowing rioters to scope out the building. “So, we’re not waiting for the commission, but the commission will have a bigger agenda and will get to the bottom of what complicity members of Congress have in all of this. And if they did, they should be prosecuted, as well as others.”

I'm sure they could get Shiff on board with another investigation.

so maybe the Russian collusion investigations aren't over...

from a conversation with Nancy Pelosi on Hillary's podcast:

Clinton: “I hope historically we will find out who [Trump is] beholden to, who pulls his strings. I would love to see his phone records to see whether he was talking to Putin the day that the insurgents invaded our Capitol. But we now know that not just him, but his enablers, his accomplices, his cult members, have the same disregard for democracy”

She continues asking the Speaker if she thinks “we need a 9/11-type commission to investigate and report everything that they can pull together and explain what happened?”

Nancy responds, "I do...To your point of who is he beholden to, as I’ve said over and over, as I said to him in that picture with my blue suit as I was leaving, what I was saying to him as I was pointing, rudely, at him: ‘With you, Mr. President, all roads lead to Putin.’ I don’t know what Putin has on him politically, financially, or personally, but what happened last week was a gift to Putin, because Putin wants to undermine democracy in our country and throughout the world...And these people, unbeknownst to them, maybe, are Putin puppets. They were doing Putin’s business when they did that at the incitement of an insurrection by the president of the United States.”

Pelosi went on to say that members of Congress should also be held accountable if they are found to have been working with the rioters planning to storm the Capitol by giving tours with the purpose of allowing rioters to scope out the building. “So, we’re not waiting for the commission, but the commission will have a bigger agenda and will get to the bottom of what complicity members of Congress have in all of this. And if they did, they should be prosecuted, as well as others.”

I'm sure they could get Shiff on board with another investigation.

Yep.

Again, two things can be true.

Trump can have been woefully ill equipped psychologically and emotionally to assume the reigns of the presidency, and his opponents/enemies during his tenure as the duly elected president - which he was - can have woefully and wrongly/illegitimately pursued the demise of that tenure.

There ain’t no heroes that I’m seein’ here.

EDIT: Oh, except of course, for my girl Tulsi. She pisses rose water and shits dark chocolate, of that I have no doubt.

Last edited:
Back