Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

France vs Croatia World Cup Final

Still can't find this country called America.

Do you also complain when people say Poland instead of The Republic of Poland?

this-town-needs-an-enema-23079243.png

Do you also complain when people say Poland instead of The Republic of Poland?

Well its more of the America part is of a geographical designation instead of name of the country.

Its funny, I never seen 'welcome to America' at a US/Canada border crossing. It is always 'welcome to the US' or 'welcome to USA'. Neither does it say America anywhere on my US I-94 document.

America has over 1 billion inhabitants, population wise, USA is a minority.

Well its more of the America part is of a geographical designation instead of name of the country.

Its funny, I never seen 'welcome to America' at a US/Canada border crossing. It is always 'welcome to the US' or 'welcome to USA'. Neither does it say America anywhere on my US I-94 document.

America has over 1 billion inhabitants, population wise, USA is a minority.

Yeah, yeah. I've seen you make the argument. Sure, technically you're correct. But you sound just as douchey as the people that correct others on their use of soda/pop/Coke or remind people that say "we won" that they didn't actually play in the big game.

I do and I will. Nothing wrong with France .

Yeah you?re wrong France sucks.

Except for when they had Zainadine Zadan.

And I?m not talking about the time he kicked two goals in the World Cup final and France won, I?m talking about the time he head butted that fucking Dago who mocked Zadan about fucking Zadan?s sister or his mother or whatever, and Zadan got kicked out of the game and France lost.

That shit right there, that was cool.

I like to believe I'm late middle aged.

Nah, dude; you?re my age, and you?re no longer late middle aged, you?re in the early part of old.

Accept it and own it.

There are benefits.

When you say to young people ?oh, I?m getting old? or ?getting old sucks? or ?don?t get old? they generally feel sorry for you, and offer food and water and shit (it helps if you tell you?re raising money for a charity and also don?t tell them you?re secretly rich).

Those poor fuckers themselves will one day be grinded into food by the generation behind them. I feel sorry for those poor fuckers.

And I?m not talking about the time he kicked two goals in the World Cup final and France won, I?m talking about the time he head butted that fucking Dago who mocked Zadan about fucking Zadan?s sister or his mother or whatever, and Zadan got kicked out of the game and France lost.

Did I ever tell you about my experience during that game?

Nothing wrong with this team from France. I hope they win it all. They play great soccer.

You did-that?s how far we go back, my younger friend.

But I don?t exactly remember what it was.

Please re-aquaint me.

a good friend of mine grew up in France. his mom was from Illinois though so he went to HS in the states.

anyways, the final was Italy-France, and we were obviously cheering against eachother.

We were at his condo, and A couple of his other buddies were there, who I only knew through him. Anyways, even though the score was still 1-1 and it was late in the match, France had been pressing a lot and I wasn't confident.

my friend started in on Italians in general, saying something like "Italians are the sleaziest people on Earth. They can't do anything without cheating. this victory is going to be so sweet, I can't wait"

JUST as he finished saying that, at the corner of the screen we saw Zidane headbutt Materazzi and send him to the ground.

I was like "HEY! what were you saying about fair play?!? You can't do that! WTF was that??"

Then they showed the replay and the announcers were like "Oh dear. Terrible decision by Zidane. he's lost his mind." and he got a red card.

My friend was like "Ah, FUCK!!!!" and all the other guys there were laughing at him.

Then the penalty they missed was the one Zidane would've taken I think, and they lost. it was a Top 10 sports watching event in my book.

For the record, Materazzi said something about his sister:
?What I said was stupid,? Materazzi told L?Equipe, ?but it didn?t deserve that reaction.

?You would hear stronger words said on the streets of Naples, or Milan, or Paris, much more serious things.?

The most common version of events until now has been that Materazzi insulted Zidane?s mother but the Italian denies that this was the case.

?My mother died when I was 15, I would never have insulted his.

?I spoke about his sister.?​

Video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zAjWi663kXc

Materazzi scored Italy's only goal to tie it earlier in the match.

Then he got their best player sent off by telling him his sister was a whore.

#manofthematch

Right.

I remember now.

And we posted to each other about it on whatever board we were on at the time.

Right.

I remember now.

And we posted to each other about it on whatever board we were on at the time.

I bet Materazzi is a pretty cool guy to hang out with. I'd buy him a Peroni if I saw him in the bar.

or a Sambuca, or maybe a Fernet Branca if he had just finished eating a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs. They say it helps with digestion.

Croatia looks like the fresher team in the early minutes but alas Bob has to pay attention to his wife and dvr the game for later lol..

Last edited:
France scored first on a own goal but I disagree with the 'own' part of it as it was a nice bending shot off a set piece.

Croatia ties it 1-1 on a beautiful head pass and goal and shot.

Last edited:
Penalty shot coming up for France on a hand ball at around the 33rd minute. Dang three first half goals so far.

Goal France 2-1!!

Last edited:
Croatia has has almost 60 to 40 in possession in the first half.

Off to Meijers :(.

Back