Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 11: Detroit Tigers @ Pittsburgh Pirates 12:35 EST 4/9

Wow ! Aggressive base running pays off. Not sure I understood the challenge.

He should be on 3rd right ? Frustrating he has to go back to 2nd base.

Thanks to #25 for nor selling out on that dying quail Carpenter hefted to short LF

He should be on 3rd right ? Frustrating he has to go back to 2nd base.
It's a time-of-throw thing. If he wasn't to second base when the ball left the field of play, he only advances to the next unoccupied base. (corrected on post #29, this is not accurate)

Last edited:
Thanks ! Didn’t know.
Actually, correction. In this situation, the batter-runner must not have reached first at the time of the throw, which then makes his advancement dependent at the time of pitch, and he was actually was awarded two bases as a result of the overthrow.

Spencer kind of leaned into that hbp. I think they were laughing about it in the dugout.
Well he didn’t really have to move much. The catcher was crying for it.

Spencer kind of leaned into that hbp. I think they were laughing about it in the dugout.
Well he didn’t really have to move much. The catcher was crying for it.
He made an attempt to avoid the pitch, IMO. That's all a batter needs to do. I don't have him leaning into it.

Another close one

7 and 4 ain't too shabby
Detroit Tigers GIF by MLB

Two seasons in.. Scott Harris adds
Shelby Miller
Kenta Maeda
Jack Flaherty
Mark Canha
Tyler Holton
Andy Ibanez
Zack McKinstry
Gio Urshela
Matt Vierling
Scott Harris said the offense was gonna struggle.. wonder why..
and most of the team is barely around .200 BA. Going to need
more offense with some better teams coming up.

The two veteran bats acquired for 2024 lead the team in OPS: Canha: .813 Urshela: .839

If Baez is hurt the Tigers have lost three shortstops in a matter of a few days on the 40 man. (Eddys Leonard and Ryan Kreidler).

Right-hander Sawyer Gipson-Long reported right forearm tightness after completing three innings in a rehab start with Low-A Lakeland.

"Parts" fans everywhere yins in pieces. "ARRRRRRGH" they mutter as they repair their tattered sails and shattered masts.
Like A Boss Ship GIF

Two seasons in.. Scott Harris adds
Shelby Miller
Kenta Maeda
Jack Flaherty
Mark Canha
Tyler Holton
Andy Ibanez
Zack McKinstry
Gio Urshela
Matt Vierling
Scott Harris said the offense was gonna struggle.. wonder why..
and most of the team is barely around .200 BA. Going to need
more offense with some better teams coming up.

The two veteran bats acquired for 2024 lead the team in OPS: Canha: .813 Urshela: .839

If Baez is hurt the Tigers have lost three shortstops in a matter of a few days on the 40 man. (Eddys Leonard and Ryan Kreidler).

Right-hander Sawyer Gipson-Long reported right forearm tightness after completing three innings in a rehab start with Low-A Lakeland.

Thus far the two signings on O have been OK at least

I still don't understand shelling the cash out for starting pitching versus a bat.

But alas we will see if that pays off

Defense won us this game. Great plays by Greene, Vierling, Baez, Keith and Tork that I saw. Saving hits and likely runs.
Conversely, bad defense hurt the Pirates. Overthrows, and half-hearted attempts to snag an overhead floater. #25 needs to leave his feet on that flair from Carpenter. And sprint to the ball first. He did neither thing.

Didn't realize it was an earlier game. Glad to hear about the win..

Back