Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12 Lions @Saints Sunday Night Massacre Thread

Well it wasn't a "massacre" per se but it sure could have been a lot closer. Just so frustrating to have all the talent in the world but just can't control themselves. Stafford looked great. Could've had close to 450 yds passing and three or more TDs...but the idiots around him just don't get that there's a line you can't cross. The one thing I liked is Raiola barking at Titus Young and the other guys on the bench. It is about time we started seeing some leadership out of this guy. Seems like the last few games he's really reigned in HIS stupidity...wish it would rub off on the rest of the team now. O-Line in general has actually been pretty good lately. And if Schwartz doesn't BENCH Logan for at least one game...well...then I just don't know...

[quote author=kdp1980 board=general thread=3823 post=94489 time=1323060956]Quick question, what was with the rollout pass play on the Stafford int? Was Stafford not throwing the ball well from the pocket? What a shitty play call. [/quote

It looked like he wasn't ready for the ball to be snapped - the whole team didn't look ready really..they would have been better off taking a timeout there probably.

TigerMud said:
mhughes0021 said:
whole lot of pass interference not called on the defense...weird.

i'm guessing since they have the whole dirty team rep the refs are going to be flagging anything close now, they didn't do anything tonight to reverse this perception. Young, Logan, Petigrew stupid stupid stupid. Lions toughest opponent = Themselves.

Shwartz has lost the team. How can this shit still be happening? Seriously Titus? On the fucking 1 yard line. 3 pushoffs by Burleson, a holding(tackling) call on Smith while the Lions are driving. Im slowly starting to call many Lions players CUNTS because of their boneheaded decisions. Its painful watching these guys have no control at key points during the game. Maybe Shwartz needs to show he has a pair, and bench these guys against the Vikings next week, just to prove a point. Schwartz lost the respect of the locker room and I think his time in Detroit is going to be short lived, and it should be.

Those Push-offs well bullshit... If he was pushing off then Meachem was doing the same thing especially in that 38 yard pass that got the Saint's out of trouble on 3rd and 4 from their own 4... and the Lons still only down 3-0..

Oh I agree Jim either has to cut someone or do something about the personal fouls... But those push-off were total crap on burleson.... ( BUT Burleson needs to shut-up because he is always popping off with the mouth when the Lons are behind or before games).

MEMO TO ALL LIONS... I COULD CARE LESS WHEN YOU GET A FIRST DOWN. YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL PUTTING YOUR ARM OUT AFTER DOING YOUR JOB AND GETTING A FIRST DOWN.. HOW ABOUT BEING HUMBLE AND WAITING TILL A TOUCHDOWN OR A LIONS VICTORY BEFORE YOU CELEBRATE...

Back