Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game # 124 New York Yankees @ Detroit Saturday August 17,2024

I have to run errands . Go tigers . Tigers are 0-4 against New York..

Yankee leadoff hitter was 0-2: saw 9 pitches .

Jung almost threw the ball ball away. Nice pick by Spencer.
Montero 123 inning.

colt drives in the run. 1-0 tigers. Dingler flys out on first pitch.

Come on Montero . That was a 0-2 pitch. Infield single . Another nice pick by Spencer saves a run. Jung’s throws are low.

Spencer just missed a homer. Just foul. Then hits a lead off double .

Tork with a 2 strike double off a 95 mph fastball in his 1st ab back. Nice

Hell of an at bat by javy. Fouled off 6 really good pitches before striking out. Really thought he'd win that at bat the longer it went.

He did the same thing on the first at bat Saw 13 pitches.

Injuries & Moves: Tork returns from Toledo.
1B/OF Bligh Madris optioned to Toledo.
Tigers official site

Spencer Torkelson recalled from Triple-A Toledo,
Bligh Madris optioned.
*****Their moves over the last 24 hours say it’s evaluation time before they make their offseason plans. *****
BYBTB

Tigers' AJ Hinch promises less pinch-hitting: 'Lefties are going to face lefties'.
Then why wasn't Carpenter or Meadows starting vs. the yankee's lefty?

Spencer Torkelson reacts to his Detroit Tigers return: 'I belong here'. Then produce!
Here's the ugly truth about Tork, if he mashes he just creates an ugly dilema. He's not in the plan, they don't trust him. Too many times, too many flaws.

3 phases to the Torkelson demotion 1. Protection..need to get him out of his own head give him time to relax and evaluate the problems 2. Experimentation and Implementation, tweaks to address the issues, attain some level of success and consistency. 3. Punishment. once Torkelson attained phase 1 and 2 they left him in TOL as a form of punishment, while he was successful and swinging well.

Post ASB Tigers
217/274/366 #28
78 wRC+ #29
BB% 7.0 #24
Meadows 317/333/537
Vierling 291/333/342
Baez 217/266/500 106 wRC+
Keith 234/280/330/72 wRC+
Madris 264/324/358

I feel Madris deserves to be on the team over a few of these guys. . I thought Perez was done for the season?
I'm ok with Tork being called up. Just would have kept Madris around. Probably Postion was the issue .

Foley struggled in NY verses the Yankess. . Need some outs please.

Back