Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Lions @ Titans Thread

Team sucks. Blow it all up. Make it fun to watch again for fans. New GM, new HC, new QB, bunch of draft picks. Give the franchise some hope. Right now there is none.

I watched that game because I had both Henry and Swift going in my fantasy playoffs. Wow, that Detroit defense might be the worst I have seen in years. I didn't see a single player that was worth keeping. Unfortunately, they were so bad that the Titans pulled Henry way too soon.

Matt and Jones had good days and Swift looked decent outside of the fumble at the goal line. Other than that...they all suck!

Last edited:
I watched that game because I had both Henry and Swift going in my fantasy playoffs. Wow, that Detroit defense might be the worst I have seen in years. I didn't see a single player that was worth keeping. Unfortunately, they were so bad that the Titans pulled Henry way too soon.

Matt and Jones had good days and Swift looked decent outside of the fumble at the goal line. Other than that...they all suck!

The defense was super injured so basically has no chance
Flowers, Hand, Shelton. That is 3/4th of the Dline plus Everson Griffen. Okwara plays well though and had another big sack.

Collins is good/solid. He sprinkles in one or two awful plays a game though. Davis/Tavai/Jones are whiffs. Ragland is a run D guy only and backup. Some drafted where they should be, some drafted too soon but same result. LB coach should be first to go

Trufant, Okudah, Daryl Roberts, McCrae out then Mike Ford hurt early. Alexander Myres did exactly what was expected for an 8th string CB

Kearse, Walker, Will Harris all fails this year. And Harmon had his worst game of the year too. Awful on that Davis TD

That being said, the last two Titan TDs were after a fake punt fail and onside kick fail. So short fields and it looked even worse than it was (already bad)

Swift and Hock fumbles (good players) were costly in this one.

KG, Ragnow, Crosby, Vaitai hurt for the millionth time. Oline did a decent job for missing so many players but the Dahl botched snap cost them a drive too

If we have half of the injuries we did, they'll be in better shape. But the defense is getting like 7 new starters and need to figure out the WR plan plus one Oline.

Last edited:
If we have half of the injuries we did, they'll be in better shape. But the defense is getting like 7 new starters and need to figure out the WR plan plus one Oline.

right...the D is getting 7 new starters...because the starters they have now suck.

outside of a handful of players, the entire teams sucks. Stafford, Hock & swift are decent. Hock was a waste of a draft pick though. A few OL are decent. Nobody on the defense is a difference maker.

Next year will likely be another year where they win between 5-7 games. If they have 2 great drafts, maybe in 2022 they reach 9 wins and are in the running for the last playoff spot. AR is getting up there and MN & CHI seem to be getting worse...maybe in 2022, 9 wins is enough for the division title and another first round exit. :cheers:

right...the D is getting 7 new starters...because the starters they have now suck.

outside of a handful of players, the entire teams sucks. Stafford, Hock & swift are decent. Hock was a waste of a draft pick though. A few OL are decent. Nobody on the defense is a difference maker.

Next year will likely be another year where they win between 5-7 games. If they have 2 great drafts, maybe in 2022 they reach 9 wins and are in the running for the last playoff spot. AR is getting up there and MN & CHI seem to be getting worse...maybe in 2022, 9 wins is enough for the division title and another first round exit. :cheers:
We probably said the same thing with Favre "He's getting up there." Then comes AR. Plus teams can go from not so good to good in a night (outside Detroit), so I suspect Chicago & Minny will still be strong. And 9 wins sucks.

We probably said the same thing with Favre "He's getting up there." Then comes AR. Plus teams can go from not so good to good in a night (outside Detroit), so I suspect Chicago & Minny will still be strong. And 9 wins sucks.

Favre waffled on retirement a few years and then Green Bay was finally sick of it prior to 2008. Rodgers was on the bench for 3 years. Rodgers is another level of Favre. I can't wait to see Jordan Love, he might be good but nobody a third HOF QB in a row, that is not that probable.

AFC North/NFC West and NFC North twice. Tough year in 2021 for a rebuild. 2022 should be ready for playoffs. Don't fuck up the QB situation or will suck for five years

Favre waffled on retirement a few years and then Green Bay was finally sick of it prior to 2008. Rodgers was on the bench for 3 years. Rodgers is another level of Favre. I can't wait to see Jordan Love, he might be good but nobody a third HOF QB in a row, that is not that probable.
You don't need a HOF QB to win. Former Jets HC Rex called drafting Love the worst thing he's seen in a draft. Because they won lots of games last season and were close to a SB and REX thought they should have went elsewhere to get that one missing piece. Yet they still improved their D, offense is still great and they got a future QB. We go back to back TE at 8 and CB at 3.

Good franchise vs bad franchise.

I agree, AR is far superior to Favre. I don't see Love even being an average NFL QB. He wasn't anything special in college.

AFC North/NFC West and NFC North twice. Tough year in 2021 for a rebuild. 2022 should be ready for playoffs. Don't fuck up the QB situation or will suck for five years

it's not just about the QB. The had the #1 overall pick 12 seasons ago, took a QB and haven't won the division once.

Lions finishes with Matt as QB

4th 5x
3rd 3x
2nd 4x
1st 0x

Back