Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #146 Colorado @ Detroit, Wed, September 11th, 2024, 6:40 Pm

This is only the 3rd time he's given up over 3 earned runs. He hasn't been nearly as bad as you're making him out ot be. Especially coming back from tommy john AND back surgeries.

9-8 record in his starts(not including tonight). 6 of those 8 losses the offense only scored 3 runs or less.
Maybe. But he always has that one bad inning. He was cruising using his split and fastball. His slider is his 3rd or 4th best pitch and all this hits were off the slider.
You Don’t think I was rooting for him to get the win ? It’s frustrating because we both know if the Tigers are going to contend the next few years he has to stay healthy and he has to figure it out. The Tigers desperately need him to be a #3 maybe ? Or hopefully better ! Maybe # 2 starter. Hopefully the lightbulb turns on for CM !

Last edited:
Can someone post the thread tomorrow. I won’t be home. I can try on my phone but my service may be spotty downtown.

Maybe. But he always has that one bad inning. He was cruising using his split and fastball. His slider is his 3rd or 4th best pitch and all this hits were off the slider.
You Don’t think I was rooting for him to get the win ? It’s frustrating because we both know if the Tigers are going to contend the next few years he has to stay healthy and he has do figure it out. The Tigers desperately need him to be a #3 maybe ?
Their pitching isn't what will cost them being in the playoffs. If they had a league average offense the first 120 games they'd be locked in the playoffs right now.

Their pitching isn't what will cost them being in the playoffs. If they had a league average offense the first 120 games they'd be locked in the playoffs right now
You know I have agreed with this ? We are talking about Mizes start. It was great and a bunch of sliders cost him a nice win. Oh well. Hopefully next time.
I’m as pissed as you are in what Harris didn’t do in the off season to address the hitting.
Gio and Chana ! wtf. The playoff spot should be locked up. The hitting wasted so many of Olson starts. So many good starts.

Last edited:
Yanks 4 kc 3 Final 11 innings.
Boston 5 O’s 3 Final in 10. Damn RS hit a three run walk off.
Minnesota wins 6-4.

Last edited:
Tigers ride 6-run 1st inning to 5th win in last 6 games.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video highlights of the Tigers win over the Rockies.

Tigers 7 - Rockies 4: Six-run innings are a good thing, apparently.
Kerry Carpenter had four hits, but Casey Mize still has some things to work on.
BYBTB

Tigers showing 'full potential,' club Rockies to stretch win streak to four.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers strike early with 6 runs, thump Colorado Rockies, 7-4, for 4th straight win.
Freep

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!
Totally Tigers

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!
Totally Tigers
Surprise, surprise, surprise. The blogger takes more shots at AA. I think that horse is dead. While I agree that it is nice to see the Tigers playing somewhat meaningful games in mid September, I think she needs to be reminded that this is still just a mediocre team. I think they have the 15th best record in baseball...right in the middle. They aren't good, they are just playing meaningful games because baseball expanded the playoffs to include mediocre teams.

Really nice couple of games for the Tigers, especially with the complete game shutout by Keider Montero!

Back