Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #151 Detroit @ Kansas City, Monday, September 16th, 2024 7:40 Pm

None of us in our wildest dreams would have thought at the beginning of the year if Detroit was running Skubal, 30 percent of Mize, Keider Montero, a few starts from Reese Olson and multiple multiple reliever games headed by the likes of Brant Hurter and Ty Madden would we then also have the best record in the AL in the last 40 percent of the season.

AJ absolutely deserves credit.
that's fine. Then you have to give him the blame for not winning more games in the middle of the year. Personally, I don't think he has too much to do with it. I think it's the players just playing better and the schedule being really easy to end the year. I posted about 4 weeks ago that I was listening to MLB radio and the host said he thought that the Tigers would make a push for the wildcard. His reasoning was that they had one of the easiest schedules to finish the season in all of baseball.

that's fine. Then you have to give him the blame for not winning more games in the middle of the year. Personally, I don't think he has too much to do with it. I think it's the players just playing better and the schedule being really easy to end the year. I posted about 4 weeks ago that I was listening to MLB radio and the host said he thought that the Tigers would make a push for the wildcard. His reasoning was that they had one of the easiest schedules to finish the season in all of baseball.

Then by contrast they played one of the hardest while they were hit hardest on the offensive side of the plate with injuries and prior to the injection of life from these youngsters.

It's okay to enjoy a season man i promise.

None of us in our wildest dreams would have thought at the beginning of the year if Detroit was running Skubal, 30 percent of Mize, Keider Montero, a few starts from Reese Olson and multiple multiple reliever games headed by the likes of Brant Hurter and Ty Madden would we then also have the best record in the AL in the last 40 percent of the season.

AJ absolutely deserves credit.
Tom is right though.. Why does he get credit here but no blame in the early parts of the season. Players do well, it's AJ - player stinks its the players? How does that work. Shouldn't the pitchers get the credit? Why give it to AJ because we're short staffed, what did he do?

Then by contrast they played one of the hardest while they were hit hardest on the offensive side of the plate with injuries and prior to the injection of life from these youngsters.

It's okay to enjoy a season man i promise.
I am enjoying the season. I'm enjoying the players playing better. I'm not watching the manager and giving him flowers for the players playing well.

Back