Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #156 Detroit @ Baltimore, Sunday September 22nd, 2024 1:10pm

I’m still salty they beat us in ‘87.
That's the first thing I always think of as well. I'll likely never get over that.

The cheating at the Metrodump just adds to the bitterness.

"Ericson, who worked at the Metrodome from the time the Twins began play there in 1982 until he retired in 1995, said he would turn on fans behind home plate and adjust the air conditioning. The Twins won the World Series in 1987 and 1991."

"Bobby Valentine said the while he was managing the Texas Rangers
his players told him that they often felt a breeze blowing out when
they were in the field and felt it blowing in when they were
batting."

My guess was that it would take 87 wins to nab a wildcard spot, so the Tigers need to keep winning this week.

Can you believe it???? Who would have thought the Tigers would have this many wins and on the precipice of a Wild Card spot in the playoffs? 82 wins - 74 losses.

A burglary and a blast help Tigers surge in AL Wild Card race.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video highlights of the Tigers win over the Orioles.

Tigers 4 - Orioles 3: Surging Tigers seize control of the wild card race.
With the series victory, the Tigers are now tied with KC for the third wild card, and a half game up on the Twins for the fourth spot.
BYBTB

Tigers hold off Orioles, move into third AL wild-card spot.
Detnews

Kerry Carpenter slugs 2 HR for 4-3 win, giving Detroit Tigers AL wild-card lead for now.
Freep

After beating Baltimore, Tigers coming back to Detroit with playoff spot in grasp.
Mlive

The Tigers are now tied with the Royals for second place in the AL Central and have a half game lead for the Wild Card. Detroit has guaranteed their first winning season since 2016.

Tigers win and take the series from the Orioles…again. Tigers are 82-74 Twins are 81-74 Tigers will own a playoff spot if the Twins lose later today. Detroit just went 7-2 against 3 playoffs teams (Royals and Orioles). Why stop at just making the playoffs? Team of Destiny?

Hinch puppetmasters through 6 pitchers..5 of them combine get 20 outs allowing zero runs and one hit..the last 14 outs by the never ending BP..what a team..26-11 since Aug 11.

Tigers starters vs. Tampa Bay Rays:
Tuesday: LHP Tarik Skubal
Wednesday: RHP Keider Montero
Thursday: RHP Reese Olson
Casey Mize will be available out of the bullpen Sunday against the Orioles and Tuesday-Thursday against the Rays.

I’m still amazed how Bo got out of that 2nd and 3rd jam with no outs after Foley gave up 2 runs in the 9th and the game being tied 4-4.

Then Foley slams the door today. What a catch by Meadows.

Great day to be a Detroit sports fan. Lions win, Tigers beat the orioles, twins lose a double header to the red sox, and the white sox, lost to the padres and now have the worst record for s season in the American League and have tied the '62 mets for the worst record on an MLB season. With 6 games left they are sure to lose a few more and own the worst record all-time for an MLB season.

MLB Standings.

Back