Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game # 159 Tampa Bay @ Detroit, Thursday, September 26th, 2024 1:10 Pm

If the Os win vs the yanks today, they will be +4 ahead of detroit, clinching the WC1 spot, giving them nothing to play for. which would kinda suck, since they are playing the twins.

So... Go Yankees.. I really hate typing that..

If the Os win vs the yanks today, they will be +4 ahead of detroit, clinching the WC1 spot, giving them nothing to play for. which would kinda suck, since they are playing the twins.

So... Go Yankees.. I really hate typing that..
Actually the O's still have a shot at the division. They'd have to win 4 and NYY lose 4.

Looks like they might. Losing to the NYY 7-0.
Yah, but then they would be +3 above det/kc with 3 games remaining.. The motiviation isnt as great as it is if they could catch the yankees, but they still want to stay in the seed they are in.

Yah, but then they would be +3 above det/kc with 3 games remaining.. The motiviation isnt as great as it is if they could catch the yankees, but they still want to stay in the seed they are in.
They play Minnesota. I would think we'd want them to win.

Going to extra's, another error in 9th by Marlins but they got through. Turning it off can't watch this anymore.

Marlins win. Tigers just need 1 win in the next 2 games to clinch a spot and rest Skubal for the playoffs.

Will be interesting to see if KC also clinches if they rest Ragans. Would assume so. Which means Gilbert would have to throw 16 strikeouts in his last start to threaten Skubals triple crown.

FIVE FOR FRIDAY.
Totally Tigers

Aren’t these just the best of times?
We are heading into what is the final weekend of regular games. I don’t blame a single fan for not sleeping well at night as they look forward to the next day’s game and “magic number.”
Today, we’re going to give you an outlet for your hope and happiness as we turn this weekend’s blogs into a venue for fans to express their feelings.
I’ve got 5 statements. Pick one of them to answer and then post your thoughts. Remember the 3-sentence rule!
And remember that this is a community of respectful, thoughtful fans so feel free to jump in and respond to others’ comments as well. Our goal is to create meaningful conversations.
Ready?
1. I am changing my plans for the weekend.
2. The best move the Tigers made during the entire year was _____.
3. My favorite memory over the past week is _____.
4. The Tigers’ biggest unsung hero over the past 2 weeks is _____.
5. This improbable playoff run is more exciting than 2006.

That Marlins twins game was crazy. Poor played allowed the twins to tie the game. Twins had so many shots to walk the game off. Marlins played thier butts off in Extras. Hill makes a blunder earlier in the game. Makes a great catch in extras that would have won it for the twins. Crazy game. Bases loaded 5th infielder. Marlins in extras made the plays. I'm tired but happy for the Tigers, and all of us !

Marlins win. Tigers just need 1 win in the next 2 games to clinch a spot and rest Skubal for the playoffs.

Will be interesting to see if KC also clinches if they rest Ragans. Would assume so. Which means Gilbert would have to throw 16 strikeouts in his last start to threaten Skubals triple crown.
Right thing to do is rest but I worry since he pitched Tuesday and 1st playoff game is Tuesday-Wednesday that's a lot of rest.

Back