Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Seahawks *Monday Night* Thread

As badly as Stafford is stuggling, no way would Weeden provide equal performance, hes a joke...Dallas has potentially the top O-line in the league, and a top 10 Running game, yet Weeden has looked lost.

Tyrod Taylor is having a hot start to the year, but I dont think he would be an upgrade at all...he also has had the benefit of playing with a team that can actually run the ball/play some solid defense. Something Stafford doesnt have at all.

There are about 15 QB's id take over Stafford for next year, but those two dont make the list.

As for cutting Stafford, I'd say after next year, if he continues to stuggle, then you need to cut him. $20m is a ton of money....Indy cut Manning to save around the same amount, so Det would be stupid not to do the same. Therefore I would hope the Lions either Draft a promising QB in the 3rd/4th round this year, or Trade for a young/skilled backup like a Jimmy G. Give them a year to sit and 'learn (hahaha)' behind Stafford/from this 'skilled' coaching staff, then turn the team over to him the following year...

Stafford under pressure more than last year with a worse running game than last year.

Flowers/Verett and Talib/Harris are tough matchups for Calvin/Tate too.

You got your comp %. 65%. Needs to hit on those deep balls though and Lombardi needs to be less predictable.

The advantage would be saving the money. Cheaper QB that can put up Stafford numbers and use the cash saved towards fixing other parts of the team. Anyone really believe Sanchez had anything to do with the Jets two AFC Title appearances? You can win with a guy like Alex Smith if the other parts of the team were fixed a little.

The advantage would be saving the money. Cheaper QB that can put up Stafford numbers and use the cash saved towards fixing other parts of the team. Anyone really believe Sanchez had anything to do with the Jets two AFC Title appearances? You can win with a guy like Alex Smith if the other parts of the team were fixed a little.

You save yourself a 1st round pick if you keep Stafford.

Wasted first round pick. You fools keep on defending him.. That'll teach us.

Stafford is a good QB with no support yet again. Much of this is due to injury to Warford/Waddle/Pettigrew. Some is Swanson and Reiff having problems. Some is Bell being slowed by his surgeries.

Protect him and run the ball. 39% pressure and 2.6 YPC rushing, Rodgers couldn't overcome that especially facing Seattle on road (with Kam Chancellor) and Denver.

This Oline could just get better. Swanson and Laken could just improve. Reiff obviously can play better (and did Week 4). Warford needs to be healthy. Man Ram doing well. Waddle had a bad 1.5 back from his ACL injury. This line needs a right tackle since you can't count on Waddle (unless he rebounds in the last 12).

2 picks against SD not his fault. And I'm not sure how much I blame Lombardi for the 2 picks against Denver. Min Dline pick, he drops that 9 times out of 10 (but it was Stafford's fault).

Last edited:
2013 the OL was rated good. 4 wins, and Matt still doing the "I'm the 25th best QB" dance.

2013 the OL was rated good. 4 wins, and Matt still doing the "I'm the 25th best QB" dance.

The offense was fine. The defense wasn't in 2012. Many weapon injuries.

2013 they were 22nd in running the ball. Good protection but again injuries and defensive breakdowns (big plays on injured secondary).

Stafford is a good QB with no support yet again. Much of this is due to injury to Warford/Waddle/Pettigrew. Some is Swanson and Reiff having problems. Some is Bell being slowed by his surgeries.

Protect him and run the ball. 39% pressure and 2.6 YPC rushing, Rodgers couldn't overcome that especially facing Seattle on road (with Kam Chancellor) and Denver.

This Oline could just get better. Swanson and Laken could just improve. Reiff obviously can play better (and did Week 4). Warford needs to be healthy. Man Ram doing well. Waddle had a bad 1.5 back from his ACL injury. This line needs a right tackle since you can't count on Waddle (unless he rebounds in the last 12).

2 picks against SD not his fault. And I'm not sure how much I blame Lombardi for the 2 picks against Denver. Min Dline pick, he drops that 9 times out of 10 (but it was Stafford's fault).

you sound stupid when you compare Stafford to Rodgers. Compare him to one of his peers....like Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Eli, Fitzpatrick, Bortles, Bradoford, Cousins, Bridgewater....guys like that.

The offense was fine. The defense wasn't in 2012. Many weapon injuries.

2013 they were 22nd in running the ball. Good protection but again injuries and defensive breakdowns (big plays on injured secondary).

The offense was good? Matt wasn't. He's the same, every year but 2011.

The offense was good? Matt wasn't. He's the same, every year but 2011.

2011 he had run game, protection and healthy weapons. Elite

Every other year drops, injured weapons, lack of run game or lack of protection. Some combo of those things.

Give him average run game and protection. Right now it's way way way below average run game and below average protection. Bad combo for ANY QB

you sound stupid when you compare Stafford to Rodgers. Compare him to one of his peers....like Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Eli, Fitzpatrick, Bortles, Bradoford, Cousins, Bridgewater....guys like that.

Eli smokes Matt. He had the one bad year but his career he's been better than Matt. They're not comparable.

Eli has come up bigger in big games but overall they are pretty similar.

Eli's working on his 4th passer rating of 90+. That speaks for itself. Eli is more erratic, why his numbers can jump so much from year to year. Matt is consistently suck.

Announced a penalty against the Texans for illegal contact, then decided to wave it off. It was the most obvious illegal contact ever.

Must be that damn NFL favoring the mighty Texans. They must hate the Colts.

Announced a penalty against the Texans for illegal contact, then decided to wave it off. It was the most obvious illegal contact ever.

Must be that damn NFL favoring the mighty Texans. They must hate the Colts.

QB was out of the pocket. Not a subjective pick up.

Nonetheless, discuss before you call it. That was the problem in the playoffs.. bad calls or bad non calls or one thing, it happens but you don't call it about to mark it off and then change your mind.

Speaking of that game, how big of a bitch is Ryan Mallett? Good lord, he's having a little tantrum on the side line and has that pissy look on his face while Watching Hoyer. He didn't even stick around to celebrate after the Hail Mary at half time, he just ran Into the locker room.

My good friend was at the UofM QB camp back when he was an incoming freshman, and he said back then that Mallett was the biggest d-bag he'd ever met, and I can see that he has continued to earn that title 8 years later...

Speaking of that game, how big of a bitch is Ryan Mallett? Good lord, he's having a little tantrum on the side line and has that pissy look on his face while Watching Hoyer. He didn't even stick around to celebrate after the Hail Mary at half time, he just ran Into the locker room.

My good friend was at the UofM QB camp back when he was an incoming freshman, and he said back then that Mallett was the biggest d-bag he'd ever met, and I can see that he has continued to earn that title 8 years later...

He did raise his hands after the TD, before sprinting off. Lol. But the announcers talking about Hoyer like he's Rocky. a FG and a lucky pass..

Back