Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Seahawks *Monday Night* Thread

Wilson impressed the hell out of me last night, but let's be honest.. if he keeps having to impress us the way he did last night, there won't be many more "last nights" to go for him.

Man he really used his legs to keep plays alive and make things happen. But when a QB has to rely on that, he's always one hit away from the end.

Pete Carroll using defensive lineman as offensive linemen because "he likes his players meaner" is not going to work out long term.

Wilson impressed the hell out of me last night, but let's be honest.. if he keeps having to impress us the way he did last night, there won't be many more "last nights" to go for him.

Man he really used his legs to keep plays alive and make things happen. But when a QB has to rely on that, he's always one hit away from the end.

Pete Carroll using defensive lineman as offensive linemen because "he likes his players meaner" is not going to work out long term.

Make shift OL for them. We had them, they tried to give us the game. I don't see them as strong as the past two years. We were unfortunate. Since we lost anyone I wish Sanchez didn't fumble.. Easier to deal with.

Make shift OL for them. We had them, they tried to give us the game. I don't see them as strong as the past two years. We were unfortunate. Since we lost anyone I wish Sanchez didn't fumble.. Easier to deal with.

Apparently it's not all that "make shift". These guys were pushed into service ahead of schedule, but this is Carroll's master plan. He intends to do this.

Last edited:
Apparently it's not all that "make shift". These guys were pushed into service ahead of schedule, but this is Carroll's master plan. He intends to do this.

I know they were defensive guys. One of them even won a top award in college.. Just saying we had a good chance.

I know they were defensive guys. One of them even won a top award in college.. Just saying we had a good chance.

Oh I knew you got it bud. I am just surprised this isn't an "emergency action".. it's the long term game plan.

Maybe they will be meaner... but they got their shit pushed in by a bad D-Line last night.

Oh I knew you got it bud. I am just surprised this isn't an "emergency action".. it's the long term game plan.

Maybe they will be meaner... but they got their shit pushed in by a bad D-Line last night.

Somehow I think at years end they'll be better than our OL. Just our luck. Petey will be praised and suddenly the Ndamukong Suh's of the world will be offensive lineman.

Going back to the final drive. Many people credit the success of this by going to a hurry up offense.

Looking at the times on the final drive as well as thinking back...were we even in hurry up mode? The snap times between plays were almost identical to what we have been averaging all along. So not sure saying a hurry up offense was the reason for success, because I don't think it was one.

Going back to the final drive. Many people credit the success of this by going to a hurry up offense.

Looking at the times on the final drive as well as thinking back...were we even in hurry up mode? The snap times between plays were almost identical to what we have been averaging all along. So not sure saying a hurry up offense was the reason for success, because I don't think it was one.

They have already said Stafford was calling the plays that drive. It may not have been "hurry up", but he was running the offense. And it was a HUGE difference between that and the first 58 minutes.

They have already said Stafford was calling the plays that drive. It may not have been "hurry up", but he was running the offense. And it was a HUGE difference between that and the first 58 minutes.

Who said he was calling the plays?

And out of the 2009 QB class, Stafford has proven the Lions chose correctly. It isn't like they had the opportunity to get Andrew Luck that year.

Granted I preferred building the trenches and going OL that year, but what do I know.

And mayhew has proven you shouldn't extend people to a mega contract after 1 good year. See schwartz and stafford.

So why do we need lombardi?

So Stafford did call the plays on the last drive??? Who confirmed this?

At least Stafford is finally taking some blame:

While the results weren't what the team had hoped, it was still an important schematic change for the Lions, especially when it comes to Johnson. Stafford gunned deep for his top target three times in the second and third quarters, twice when Johnson had gotten behind the coverage.

Unfortunately, the quarterback misfired on both throws.

"Just two poor throws," Stafford said. "He did a good job of getting separation. The first one, I just overshot him, a little bit too careful with the football. And then the second one, cut it loose and we're a foot off. You're not going to hit all of them. You definitely would've liked to hit one of those two, put a little air in the football."

If Stafford hits Johnson in stride near the end of the second quarter, it changes the complexion of the game. The second-and-10 call, with 29 seconds remaining in the half, sailed a yard beyond the receiver's grasp at the 25-yard line with nothing but green between him and the end zone. A touchdown ties the game at 10.

Ok, so let's contemplate the option of getting rid of Stafford after this season. Who should they pursue to replace him? Forget the cap hit and what not, who is available that will either do better immediately or has legit promise to be a stud NFL QB out of college?

What would the Lions have to offer the Pats to trade Brady?????

Ok, so let's contemplate the option of getting rid of Stafford after this season. Who should they pursue to replace him? Forget the cap hit and what not, who is available that will either do better immediately or has legit promise to be a stud NFL QB out of college?

What would the Lions have to offer the Pats to trade Brady?????

Cap hit? There would be a 10 million savings next year and 20+ million savings in 2017.

You don't even need a Stud, you need someone that can be in the top 20 and you are in better position than you are now. This is why you have scouts. Tyrod Taylor would be an upgrade over Stafford. You probably get just as good results from Brandon Weeden as Stafford for a hell of a lot cheaper. That is money you can use to improve other parts of the team.

Are you ever going to go into a season and think...We have Stafford, We will make they playoffs? I can't see anyone being confident in that.

You can see if Patriots will take a trade for Jimmy....they love trading their backups. Maybe you take a run at Fitzpatrick. Is it unreasonable to expect a 1st round pick to come in an be better than a 20's ranked QB? At least you have hope. With Stafford you know what you get.

Yes in 2016 it could go terribly wrong with a new QB and we could start out with some disastrous record like 0-4 or 0-5 but...wait..never mind.

How would it be any different with Stafford compared to some bumbling rookie?? The team hasn't won a game... Can't be much worse than that.

At least with an early draft pick, you can get optimistic about your QB, wait for it... IMPROVING! What a novel concept.

Back