Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Seahawks *Monday Night* Thread

29th ranked offense, 25th ranked defense. Only winless team in the league.

There shouldn't be anymore talk about how bad our OL is. Seattle might have a worse OL. And Denver has a pretty bad OL as well. It's not just Detroit.

There shouldn't be anymore talk about how bad our OL is. Seattle might have a worse OL. And Denver has a pretty bad OL as well. It's not just Detroit.

Defenses are just getting good at getting to the QB. No one really has tons of time anymore. Every QB is being pressured.

Seattle's OL was WAY worse than the Lions last night. I think I heard that they had 2 rookies on the OL last night and both of them were defensive players in college.

Seattle's OL was WAY worse than the Lions last night. I think I heard that they had 2 rookies on the OL last night and both of them were defensive players in college.

I think there was 3. All defensive in college.

All the offense had to do was score 7 points over 60 minutes and we win. That missed call was the best thing that happened to Stafford, AA, and the run blocking. Took the attention off their poor play.

All the offense had to do was score 7 points over 60 minutes and we win. That missed call was the best thing that happened to Stafford, AA, and the run blocking. Took the attention off their poor play.

Now it's going to be "run the hurry up offense - Matt is good."

Hi there. Without Joe Philbin our offense wouldn't be what it is today.

Oh, I don't think there is any doubt Rodgers was a BIG part of that 10 year run with a top 10 offense. But the man also knows how to run an offense.

And really, I can find a brain damaged baboon that could probably throw shit at a playbook and pick better plays than Lombardi... so it would be an upgrade no matter what.

Oh, I don't think there is any doubt Rodgers was a BIG part of that 10 year run with a top 10 offense. But the man also knows how to run an offense.

And really, I can find a brain damaged baboon that could probably throw shit at a playbook and pick better plays than Lombardi... so it would be an upgrade no matter what.

Linehan seemed to do well enough yet many on here were begging for him to go away. It's in my opinion that Lions fans will never be happy with anyone..

I'm not going to say "Matt is good"... but you have to admit, based on what Lombardi has said, there's a big difference here.

In the same week the man says he doesn't let Stafford alter the plays at the line, and he says Stafford calls the plays in the hurry up offense.

In the hurry up offense, the team continues to march down the field, and the rest of the game they can't do anything.

I'd say the results speak for themselves. Stafford is still prone to mistakes, interceptions, and sometimes just boneheaded plays... but Lombardi isn't prone to anything other than failure.

Abject failure.

Two choices, Linehan - throw a lot, move the ball a lot, many TD, many INT. Joe L. - run the ball more (though I think that comes from Caldwell), move the ball less, not many TD, not many INT.

The funny part is the hurry up is just using basic plays, limiting the number of different plays that can be used, and asking the QB to get rid of the ball quickly.

Which is the exact thing people are bitching about the lions doing in the first place.

The funny part is the hurry up is just using basic plays, limiting the number of different plays that can be used, and asking the QB to get rid of the ball quickly.

Which is the exact thing people are bitching about the lions doing in the first place.

My problem is the fact that with the drive Matt had last night, there's 5 more that don't do anything. Other than his TD in trash time.

Two choices, Linehan - throw a lot, move the ball a lot, many TD, many INT. Joe L. - run the ball more (though I think that comes from Caldwell), move the ball less, not many TD, not many INT.

And that is part of the problem. They drafted a guy who was called a "gunslinger"... comparisons to Favre. And in his first few seasons, he lived up to that.

And what you get when you draft a Favre like guy, is Favre like numbers. Lots of TDs, lots of INTs.

Now we have him in a very conservative offense. We've taken away his best attribute and left him with whatever the hell the rest of it is, especially his bad ones.

It's time to make a decision. Are they going to let him freestyle and deal with the picks and mistakes for the downfield results? Or do they want conservative, in which case, you need a different QB.

They drafted Favre Jr. and they want him to play like Manning Jr. Wrong guy for the system, or wrong system for the guy. One of the two.

And that is part of the problem. They drafted a guy who was called a "gunslinger"... comparisons to Favre. And in his first few seasons, he lived up to that.

And what you get when you draft a Favre like guy, is Favre like numbers. Lots of TDs, lots of INTs.

Now we have him in a very conservative offense. We've taken away his best attribute and left him with whatever the hell the rest of it is, especially his bad ones.

It's time to make a decision. Are they going to let him freestyle and deal with the picks and mistakes for the downfield results? Or do they want conservative, in which case, you need a different QB.

They drafted Favre Jr. and they want him to play like Manning Jr. Wrong guy for the system, or wrong system for the guy. One of the two.

If you read my other post people here wanted Linehan gone. We don't like any coach. Sometimes you need to go past the coach and look at the players.

And as a side note the last year with Linehan Matt didn't throw lots of TD but did throw lots of INT. 20-17.

Edit: 2012 that is.

Last edited:

It seems like neither worked

He never will live up to Favre. Favre was consistently top 10 in accuracy and often top 5. Stafford is never top 15 in accuracy.

Stafford is more of a Derek Anderson, Scott Mitchell, Jay cutler, Nick Foles. Those kind of "gun slingers" he isn't near the ability of Favre

Last edited:
He never will live up to Favre. Favre was consistently top 10 in accuracy and often top 5. Stafford is never top 15 in accuracy.

Stafford is more of a Derek Anderson, Scott Mitchell, Jay cutler, Nick Foles. Those kind of "gun slingers" he isn't near the ability of Favre

I don't think I've ever argued he had the talent of Favre. I'm saying they drafted a guy who's style is like Favre's and they want him to not be Favre at all.

That never works.

I don't think I've ever argued he had the talent of Favre. I'm saying they drafted a guy who's style is like Favre's and they want him to not be Favre at all.

That never works.

But they have tried both style of coaching. He failed at both, we hate/hated both OC. So what's the answer?

Back