Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Seahawks *Monday Night* Thread

So for the 2nd time in 5 games the NFL will be issuing an apology to the Detroit Lions for an obvious blown call that likely cost us the win. The Cowboy game they actually apologized not only for the blown PI call which the official had actually flagged but then picked up the flag, but for the missed holding on Suh in the game winning play.

We were 11-5 last year and winning a road playoff game when we got totally hosed. This year we were 0-4 and about to take the lead with a minute left in a road game in the toughest stadium to win in in the NFL.

Only the Lions.

To add more fuel to the blame everything on the refs fire:

Batting the ball in the end zone, though, is illegal, and a flag was thrown. But after some quick deliberating, the flag was picked up — referee Tony Corrente signaling touchback while holding the flag.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...illegal-batted-ball-help-seahawks-stop-lions/

Now we can really talk conspiracy and overlook how horrible our offense was and how many open plays we missed and how many dumb penalties we took.

I'm numb to referee mistakes at this point and rarely think it's a good excuse. I still hold the belief that you should play well enough to the point where bad calls don't matter. Seattle was giving the game away and the Lions wanted none of it, no doubt that Seattle has a good defense but unforced errors like poor throws and penalties hurt them in the end. Unfortunately the Lions don't play well enough which is why games tend to hinge on certain calls, some of them bad (and why we tend to focus on them more).

Batting the ball in the end zone, though, is illegal, and a flag was thrown. But after some quick deliberating, the flag was picked up — referee Tony Corrente signaling touchback while holding the flag.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...illegal-batted-ball-help-seahawks-stop-lions/

Now we can really talk conspiracy and overlook how horrible our offense was and how many open plays we missed and how many dumb penalties we took.

That is absolutely insane!!!

They got the call right and then changed their minds? Unfreaking believable!

Last edited:
What I don't get is where did those plays on the final drive come from, it's not like it was garbage time yards, those yards were real and contested. Who's calling those plays that drive?

Right.. its weird sometimes....

That is absolutely insane!!!

They got the call right and then changed their minds? Unfreaking believable!

NFL do anything to help Detroit.. It is Never going to happen.. Did we leave that clown Lombardi in Seattle..

Right.. its weird sometimes....

Stafford and our offense thrives i the hurry up, they should run the hurry up a few times a game.

I guess it doesn't give the defense time to call our plays out by how we line up...

You know, even if they call it correctly, I'm not sure we win. We probably score right away and leave Wilson about a minute on the clock, he drives down for the TD against us at least half the time.

What was also sickening is that we had to waste a time out earlier in the drive after Seattle had stopped the clock because we weren't paying attention. That's inexcusable.

Stafford and our offense thrives i the hurry up, they should run the hurry up a few times a game.

I guess it doesn't give the defense time to call our plays out by how we line up...

I have been saying that since he has been here.. He needs a up tempo style offense. These clowns do not see it yet.. Not sure they will.. Our line is good enough to run it..

You know, even if they call it correctly, I'm not sure we win. We probably score right away and leave Wilson about a minute on the clock, he drives down for the TD against us at least half the time.

What was also sickening is that we had to waste a time out earlier in the drive after Seattle had stopped the clock because we weren't paying attention. That's inexcusable.

we will never know because they do not know the rules..

It boggles my mind that mistakes like that are made at the pro level. Nobody realized the play clock started running? are you fucking kidding me?

It boggles my mind that mistakes like that are made at the pro level. Nobody realized the play clock started running? are you fucking kidding me?

After a timeout by the other team no less.

We can talk about the missed call robbing us until we're blue in the face, but the bottom line is the product we saw on the field was terrible. We are an undisciplined and not detail oriented team.

We also are incredibly predictable on offense, was telling that Gruden called us out for this several times in the game citing the formation means we are running every time, even calling the type of run and to which side one time. If the guy in the booth can call it out, the defenders who watched film all week certainly know exactly what's coming.

We got all excited because we ran 18 times for 53 yards, that's still absolutely pathetic at less than 3 yards a pop. Arizona is going to crush us.

If it was Aaron Rogers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady...the official would have said they were about to start the play clock. I've seen this countless times.

Batting the ball in the end zone, though, is illegal, and a flag was thrown. But after some quick deliberating, the flag was picked up ? referee Tony Corrente signaling touchback while holding the flag.

Are you fucking kidding me?!?! Lmfao

Walker out for season. Ngata MRI, calf. Where have you gone Andre Fluellen?

The Lions last 15 offensive possessions:
Punt-punt-fumble-interception-downs-punt-punt-punt-field goal-punt-punt-punt-punt-punt-fumble.

Lombardi is a genius. I heard him pumping the offense up with a speech, "Winning isn't everything, it's not even a thing." Motivating!

Back