Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Seahawks @ Lions Thread

Campbell did NOT cost us the Minnesota game.

Well I think some play calling decisions cost us that game in the 4th. You can?t blow a 24-14 lead with 8 minutes to go. He had a part in it for sure.
B. I don?t think k you can let him off the hook altogether. Maybe it?s not all on him but a head coach has to help your team.
I wasn?t a fan of the timeout before the winning td.

Look at Pete Carroll. His team had a game plan.

Why are we not trying to get leads on team ? With this defense we should never defer .

Last edited:
Well I think some play calling decisions cost us that game in the 4th. You can?t blow a 24-14 lead with 8 minutes to go. He had a part in it for sure.
B. I don?t think k you can let him off the hook altogether. Maybe it?s not all on him but a head coach has to help your team.

Look at Pete Carroll great game plan.

Why are we not trying to get leads on team ? With this defense we should never defer .

How many 4th downs did he go for before that? 6.

How many were successful? 5

How many points did those decisions DIRECTLY lead to. 17 I believe.

So you?re going to ignore all the decisions to that point that led to a large majority of our points scored and the lead we had?

Why?

Last edited:
Seattle never punted .
First time in franchise history that happened.

Gave up 48 points. Somehow I don't think that will be the high mark this season.

How many 4th downs did he go for before that? 6.

How many were successful? 5

How many points did those decisions DIRECTLY lead to. 17 I believe.

So you?re going to ignore all the decisions to that point that led to a large majority of our points scored and the lead we had?

Why?

It goes both ways B. He should have gone for it or punted on 4th and 6. Why pucker up when you were going for it all day. You have seen his clock management skills. They are subpar. 56 yard field goal try was a stupid decision. Look I don?t want him fired but he has to fix this defense. Why can?t I be critical here ? I have praised him at times. I?m not ignoring anything.

Last edited:
Gave up 48 points. Somehow I don't think that will be the high mark this season.

Might not be, unfortunately.

Just a pathetic defensive performance.

I wish we could see what Glenn says to them this week. It?s not going to be pretty.

Might not be, unfortunately.

Just a pathetic defensive performance.

I wish we could see what Glenn says to them this week. It?s not going to be pretty.

Glenn was the hire I was most excited about. Boy was I wrong.

So I just saw 1 positive that came from this this game. Apparently Hutch finally tackled Kenneth Walker

It goes both ways B. He should have gone for it or punted on 4th and 6. Why pucker up when you were going for it all day. You have seen his clock management skills. They are subpar. 56 yard field goal try was a stupid decision. Look I don?t want him fired but he has to fix this defense. Why can?t I be critical here ? I have praised him at times. I?m not ignoring anything.

You can be anything you want. My point is simple. I don?t think it?s fair to pick 1 or 2 decisions made throughout the course of a game and say ?he cost us the Minnesota game? but ignore all the decisions to that point that put us in the position to win it in the 1st place.

And I don?t think Campbell is without criticism.

If you want to blame him for the defense?.that?s fair. But then praise him that our offense has been elite so far. He has turned Jared freaking Goff into a decent QB who heads the #1 offense in the NFL.

Remember when Aaron Glenn was a hot name for a head coaching position somewhere? He'll be lucky to still have his current position at the end of the season if this keeps up.

You can be anything you want. My point is simple. I don?t think it?s fair to pick 1 or 2 decisions made throughout the course of a game and say ?he cost us the Minnesota game? but ignore all the decisions to that point that put us in the position to win it in the 1st place.

And I don?t think Campbell is without criticism.

If you want to blame him for the defense?.that?s fair. But then praise him that our offense has been elite so far. He has turned Jared freaking Goff into a decent QB who heads the #1 offense in the NFL.

This is true. I hope he figures it out. I?m tired of the same old Lions. Glenn?s defense never adjusted form what I saw today. The same rollout run action was fooling both sides today.
Can?t stop the run. He won?t be fired but he should be fired.

that was the first Lions game I watched from start to finish this year. That defense is so bad. Probably should have taken a defensive player vs. Jameson Williams.

Back