Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 48 Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City Royals, at Kauffman Stadium, May 21, 2024 7:40 p.m. EST

We added two freaking hitters in the off season. I’m just pointing out 2023 56 win Kc spent 110 million on free agents. 60 plus more Million then we did and they seem to have figured it out. Harris sure did mess up that trade deadline last season. This rebuild is going on 8 seasons. This offense needs hitters.
I agree. I'm just not blaming Illich. It's Harris making the call

Is Canha’s defense so bad you can’t use Malloy as a dh ? He has a great obp I at Toledo.
We need to get more hitting in this lineup Somehow.

That is not a strike ump. That first pitch to Spencer wasn’t close to a strike.
Spencer hits it hard but 3rd baseman makes a nice big league play sadly.

That homer Went 425. Sure wish our top draft pick could hit some of those.

Maybe we can trade Greene and Tork straight up for Bobby Witt Jr.

have you looked at some of the other players? Cringe would be a star on this team. Miggy's .257 of last season would rank 6th best on this team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But there has to be someone in the minors who is slightly better.

Minors isn’t much better. Jung and Mallory are hitting decent. Parker Meadows seems to have found his level at Toledo .

Wentz is back to His old BP fastball of last season. Can’t hit his spot.

We added two freaking hitters in the off season. I’m just pointing out 2023 56 win Kc spent 110 million on free agents. 60 plus more Million then we did and they seem to have figured it out. Harris sure did mess up that trade deadline last season. This rebuild is going on 8 seasons. This offense needs some hitting soon.
The comparison is a bit apples to oranges. KC spent most of that money on pitching acquisitions, a couple that have worked out quite well. The two hitters in their lineup that they acquired were Frazier and Renfroe, and neither of them are doing anything great. We needed hitters, and there weren't any great acquisitions available that would have signed with the Tigers. Those KC hitters that are hurting the Tigers have been with the club several years.

Back