Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 49 Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City Royals at Kaufmann Stadium, May 22, 2024, 2:10 p.m. EST

Welp KC just made us their bitch. Whoever turned that team around deserves some credit, it felt like we were playing the 96 yankees. But i'm thinking thats what the diamondbacks thought of the tigers the first 2 games of that series, and they were in the world series last year. Still early, but still dejecting.
Agree. Kc was 56-106 last season. Kc front office has really lapped Harris and the Tigers so far this year.

THE 2024 WISH LIST.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers are getting close to having played one-third of a season. It’s time once again to look at what they’ve done so far, what the Front Office has addressed as part of their goals for the year and re-adjust our expectations about the 2024 season.

We know this will not be a competitive year. It is too soon given the new Front Office and change in direction and strategy.
However, we do need to see certain benchmarks being reached that will reassure us about the future.
In some cases, it’s still too early to see progression. But in others, this is going to be the make-it-or-break-it year for seeing goals and players moving forward.

So what will make me happy to see by the end of the 2024 season? I’ve got my top 10 list…
By the end of the 2024 season, I need to see…..

THE 2024 WISH LIST.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers are getting close to having played one-third of a season. It’s time once again to look at what they’ve done so far, what the Front Office has addressed as part of their goals for the year and re-adjust our expectations about the 2024 season.

We know this will not be a competitive year. It is too soon given the new Front Office and change in direction and strategy.
However, we do need to see certain benchmarks being reached that will reassure us about the future.
In some cases, it’s still too early to see progression. But in others, this is going to be the make-it-or-break-it year for seeing goals and players moving forward.

So what will make me happy to see by the end of the 2024 season? I’ve got my top 10 list…
By the end of the 2024 season, I need to see…..
Harris is going to have a hard time convincing fans when we all se KC going from last to currently sitting 13 games over .500

Could this be the season the Lions win a playoff game two years in a row since '57?
Yup. 1957 was a strange season. Two teams tied at 8-4 for the divisional title.
Playoff comeback at SF, and smashing Cleveland in the title game.
The 1950’s were the Lions decade ! 1952,53 titles. Lost in 1954. Second place 1956 in which a Chicago dirty hit that knocked Bobby Layne out.
Maybe the 2020’s will be the Lions decade !

AJ was asked by a Detroit reporter after the game and I guess he took exception to the fact the tigers were not even competitive in the series .
Team never lead in the series.
AJ needs to call his team out. Enough is enough I hated the way Leyland used his pen but at least he made sure his guys played baseball the right way.

We have 3 hitting coaches wtf

Something is wrong with Greene. He is down to .236.
Something is wrong with Spencer . Did he get a hit in Kc ?

Where is management ? Harris hello ! You there ?

AJ was asked by a Detroit reporter after the game and I guess he took exception to the fact the tigers were not even competitive in the series .
AJ needs to call his team out. Enough is enough I hated the way Leyland used his pen but at least he made sure his guys played baseball the right way.

no. Tork went 0-11 with a walk.

I read something last week that teams can have up to 6 hitting coaches. I thought they had more than 3 but still too many imo.

I read something last week that teams can have up to 6 hitting coaches. I thought they had more than 3 but still too many imo.
They could have 1 or 20 and it wouldn't matter with this current team philosophy that walks are the ultimate goal. I've watched this entire team fall behind in counts game after game just to get a couple more walks. But that's what all the saber nerds on this forum wanted for years. Oddly I don't see those guys here any more.

Motor City Metrics Tigers Podcast: The Tigers Get Royally Screwed. 61 minutes.
The guys recap the series against Kansas City as the Royals young core of players outplayed the Tigers and Alex Lange heads to Toledo.

Back