Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 50 Toronto Blowjays @ Detroit Tigers, May 23, 2024 3:40 p.m. MST

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Blue Jays (22-26) @ Detroit Tigers (23-26)
6:40 PM Comerica Park

Kevin Gausman RHP
2-3, 4.89 ERA, 43 SO

Jack Flaherty RHP
1-3, 3.79 ERA, 72 SO

TOR Lineup
  1. Davis Schneider (R) 2B
  2. Danny Jansen (R) C
  3. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (R) 1B
  4. Bo Bichette (R) SS
  5. Daniel Vogelbach (L) DH
  6. George Springer (R) RF
  7. Daulton Varsho (L) LF
  8. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) 3B
  9. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF

DET Lineup
  1. Riley Greene (L) DH
  2. Matt Vierling (R) LF
  3. Wenceel Pérez (S) CF
  4. Kerry Carpenter (L) RF
  5. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
  6. Spencer Torkelson (R) 1B
  7. Colt Keith (L) 2B
  8. Javier Báez (R) SS
  9. Carson Kelly (R) C

Follow the Game
Watch
Tigers - Bally Sports Detroit
Blue Jays - SN1, Sportsnet+
National - MLBN (out-of-market only)

Listen
Tigers - 97.1 The Ticket
Blue Jays - SN590, SN APP

Last edited:
Since their 5-0 start, the Tigers have an 18-26 record in their past 44 games (with a 6-13 record in May).

Ryan Kreidler (right index finger fracture) began his rehab assignment last night as the designated hitter with Low-A Lakeland. He finished 0-for-3 with one walk and two strikeouts.

Update on Triple-A Toledo shortstops: Eddys Leonard (left oblique strain) begins his rehab assignment tonight as the designated hitter with Low-A Lakeland.

Colt Keith BA is 20 points higher than Spencer Torkelson.

Since Torkelson hit the walkoff vs. MIA he is 4/30..and he isn't even close to hitting a FB...15/72 in May..now hitting .213

Alex Lange has a 20% BB% now..following an unsustainable 15.8% in 2023..
Will Alex Lange will be demoted to TOL tomorrow? Yes he just was....
The Tigers have announced the following roster moves:
• Optioned RHP Alex Lange to Triple A Toledo.
• Recalled RHP Mason Englert from Triple A Toledo.

How much longer will the Detroit Tigers continue to put both Javy Baez and Spencer Torkelson in the same lineup? In this last series (in which they were swept), Baez went 1-for-8. Tork went 0-for-10.
Both rank near the bottom in all of MLB in OPS. Tork ranks #20 out of 24 1Bers in OPS and dead last in DRS.

The Tigers announced that Ryan Garko has been promoted to VP, Assistant General Manager, while Georgia Giblin has been promoted to VP, Baseball Performance Science. Additionally, Andrew Thomas has joined the organization as VP, Baseball Analytics.

The game is (theoretically) the free game of the day on the MLB app. MLB.tv hasn’t begun yet, and we are about finished with the 1st inning.

anyone watching on mlb.tv? it says "Game Starting Soon" yet, were in the bottom of the 1st. so glad to pay for this shit.

anyone watching on mlb.tv? it says "Game Starting Soon" yet, were in the bottom of the 1st. so glad to pay for this shit.
On Prime it says techinal difficults with a radio broadcast so probably something related to that. On the away stream they had nothing.

Now I get the batter swing happens when the pitcher still has the ball, lol.

Yeah, its BS, all the pirate feeds use mlb.tv so they are all just blank. Gimmie mah money back mlb.tv.

Radio audio with the centerfield camera and lots of crowd shots so far, and the audio is still ahead of the video.

Radio audio with the centerfield camera and lots of crowd shots so far, and the audio is still ahead of the video.
I had to turn sound off because audio is way out of sync. When the ball is hit the camera isn't following it. No idea that was a HR until I saw his head run around second.

I had to turn sound off because audio is way out of sync. When the ball is hit the camera isn't following it. No idea that was a HR until I saw his head run around second.
I knew about it from the sound before I saw the swing. Hopefully they get everything going soon.

Three innings finished, Tigers behind 1-0, being no-hit so far, with 6 k’s. Typical game in recent times.

Back