Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 64 Milwaukee Brewers @ Detroit Tigers June 8th, 2024 1:10 p.m. MST

I know you were pointing out his odd route to the ball. No one wants any tiger to suck if we watch all 9 innings of this. Hopefully they can win Sunday.
Sadly I missed all the hits watching my daughters friends 8-10 year olds score the max each inning .
we watched 5 runs scored in back to back innings.
Loads of drop balls. But even though the team I was rooting won the other kids actually caught 2 balls in the outfield. Pretty nice catches for kids so young.

Detroit Tigers' Colt Keith leaves game with left knee discomfort after scary collision.
Freep

Tigers rookie leaves game after outfield collision.
Mlive

Yet no mention of the defenders that actually fucked up.
I mentioned Javy's error. But I didn't realize that was a requirement. I'd mention Tork's but you always got squirrly on those too because he's a GG.

Jackson the kid we were watching is also a goalie on his youth team. He even was allowed to skate with the Griffins a few months back pregame. The kid is a decent goalie for one so young.

I only saw from 5 or 6 inning on . I saw Baez bad throw.

I’ve been worried about Baddoo. He almost crushed Greene a few games ago.
I just brushed it off because Greene has not played center much yet this year.
Was it Baddoo or colts fault? Or both. I missed it. Missed the replay.
Team may need better communication skills.

Boxscore.

Brewers 5 - Tigers 4: Mize struggles again.
The Tigers will look to avoid a sweep on Sunday.
BYBTB

Mize looked pretty shaky from the start. His splitter continues to be nothing more than a show me pitch with no real depth or deception, and he doesn’t look confident throwing it anywhere near the zone to bait hitters into swings. He lacks fastball command.

Mistakes come back to bite Tigers in loss to Brewers.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers' flubs in field hang ineffective Casey Mize out to dry vs. Brewers, 5-4.
Freep

Tigers grab early lead but can’t hang on against Brewers.
Mlive

I mentioned Javy's error. But I didn't realize that was a requirement. I'd mention Tork's but you always got squirrly on those too because he's a GG.
I'm talking about the horrible defender that started as the other corner outfielder and took out our 2nd baseman. You've given baddoo 4 years and you can't give Malloy a week before dogging on him every game. Hell you were dogging on him before ever seeing him actually play

I'm talking about the horrible defender that started as the other corner outfielder and took out our 2nd baseman. You've given baddoo 4 years and you can't give Malloy a week before dogging on him every game. Hell you were dogging on him before ever seeing him actually play
I missed the first 4 innnings so I can't say. But next time that happens I'll make sure I watch the highlights before I post. Malloy, didn't mention one thing about him until today.

Since Malloy is a obp guy more then an average guy who seems to walk alot wouldn’t batting him 2nd be right ? Especially when we face lefty’s
. He batted .253 in Toledo but had a really great obp.
I for sure hope he makes it. I think we all do.

Since Malloy is a obp guy more then an average guy who seems to walk alot wouldn’t batting him 2nd be right ? Especially when we face lefty’s
. He batted .253 in Toledo but had a really great obp.
I for sure hope he makes it. I think we all do.
I think AJ likes Verling & Greene 1 and 2, maybe when there's a LHP and drops Greene. But Perez seems to move up in those times.

I think we are all frustrated with how well Cleveland and KC are doing this year.
What they are doing is working . Seems like only starting pitching is working for the tigers. Frustrating for sure.

DEEPER DISCUSSIONS.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers signed Jack Flaherty to a 1-year deal worth $14 mill for this season. This is his best season so far going back to 2021.
Since coming to Detroit, Flaherty has done very well despite getting almost zero run support. He is currently 3-4 with a 3.22 ERA. His WHIP is an astonishing .963.

Here is where he ranks in MLB pitching:
#4 in strikeouts per 9 innings
#2 in strikeouts
#10 in fewest walks and hits given up per inning pitched.
#3 in fewest walks per 9 innings pitched.

Flaherty is 28 years old.
Considering that he becomes a free agent after this year, any attempt to trade him will be seen as a rental. Given that, the return for him will be minimal.
Should the Tigers offer him a contract extension? Keep in mind that players give priority to the number of years for a contract over salary.
Flaherty would want a multi-year contract given his age. Expect a minimum of 4 years (probably closer to 5 years) in order to retain him.

Should the Tigers make an offer? Or should they focus instead on adding another 1- year veteran to join Maeda, Mize, Olson and Skubal in 2025. Maeda has 1 year left on his contract and Skubal will become a free agent after 2026.

Today’s blog addresses this question and allows readers to share their thoughts in more detail. And hopefully, to actively engage with others by responding to their posts and creating back-and-forth discussion threads. The more the merrier!
For this one blog only, you’ve got 6 sentences max to share your thoughts. Of course, you can also respond to other readers.
TT will supply the ammunition. One thought-provoking question. Several options provided. One hard choice to be selected. One vote.
Ready?

Should the Tigers offer Jack Flaherty a multi-year contract extension?

1. Yes.

2. No.

VOTE

DEEPER DISCUSSIONS.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers signed Jack Flaherty to a 1-year deal worth $14 mill for this season. This is his best season so far going back to 2021.
Since coming to Detroit, Flaherty has done very well despite getting almost zero run support. He is currently 3-4 with a 3.22 ERA. His WHIP is an astonishing .963.

Here is where he ranks in MLB pitching:
#4 in strikeouts per 9 innings
#2 in strikeouts
#10 in fewest walks and hits given up per inning pitched.
#3 in fewest walks per 9 innings pitched.

Flaherty is 28 years old.
Considering that he becomes a free agent after this year, any attempt to trade him will be seen as a rental. Given that, the return for him will be minimal.
Should the Tigers offer him a contract extension? Keep in mind that players give priority to the number of years for a contract over salary.
Flaherty would want a multi-year contract given his age. Expect a minimum of 4 years (probably closer to 5 years) in order to retain him.

Should the Tigers make an offer? Or should they focus instead on adding another 1- year veteran to join Maeda, Mize, Olson and Skubal in 2025. Maeda has 1 year left on his contract and Skubal will become a free agent after 2026.

Today’s blog addresses this question and allows readers to share their thoughts in more detail. And hopefully, to actively engage with others by responding to their posts and creating back-and-forth discussion threads. The more the merrier!
For this one blog only, you’ve got 6 sentences max to share your thoughts. Of course, you can also respond to other readers.
TT will supply the ammunition. One thought-provoking question. Several options provided. One hard choice to be selected. One vote.
Ready?

Should the Tigers offer Jack Flaherty a multi-year contract extension?

1. Yes.

2. No.

VOTE
I would offer him a long term contract, but nothing crazy. 5 years, $80M sounds about right given his recent history (past 2-3 years). If he doesn't accept it, trade him, but tell him that they are still interested and will pursue him in the off season. Also, I somewhat disagree with her regarding the return being "minimal". If he is still putting up those numbers at the deadline, they will get some really good prospects.

Back