Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 66 Washington Nationals @ Detroit Tigers June 11, 2024 3:40 p.m. MST

Boxscore. F'n dogshit defense and bullpen.

Nationals 5 - Tigers 4 (F/10 innings): You gotta catch that third strike.
One that got past the catcher in extras helped sow the seeds of the Tigers’ frustrating demise.
BYBTB

Defensive lapses cost Tigers in opener, lose 5-4 to Nationals in 10 innings.
Detnews

Riley Greene hits Little League grand slam, but Detroit Tigers lose, 5-4, to Nationals.
Freep

Tigers score 4 runs on one play but falter late against Nationals.
Mlive

Not a good game. I did notice the Nats had 3 SF to drive in runs. How can they get guys overand in and we can't unless we get a tee ball home run.

I'm
Not a good game. I did notice the Nats had 3 SF to drive in runs. How can they get guys overand in and we can't unless we get a tee ball home run.
Because we are a terrible situational hitting team.. it’s either 2 or the last 3 games at home in extra innings where we have fallen behind by only 1 run and have failed to even tie the game up. One was with Spencer at the plate to start. Runner doesn’t advance.
Tonight we supposedly have a decent stick guy in Canha and he grounds out to Ss.
Fails to move runner over. I guess we are 4-3 in extra’s but at home down 1 run we should be able to tie the game up. It’s frustrating.

I think if our new shortstop fields that error we win the game in regulation. I’d have to look at the play by play. Dickerson and Dirks said it was a fairly routine play botched.

So maddening we go 4-3 on the road at Boston and Texas and come home and start home stand 1-3. I so want a long winning streak so we can get excited.

We really need to win the next 2 games verse’s Washington.
Next 31 games
hopefully we are over .500 soon. We need a damn winner streak longer than 4 games.
2 Washington………(2-0) [2-1]
3@ Houston …….….(1-2)
3@ Atlanta…………….(1-2)
3 Chicago………………..(3-0)
3 Philadelphia………..(1-2)
4@ LAA……………………..(3-1) (yeah I know west coast) dare to dream.
3@ Minnesota…………(2-1)
3@ Cincinnati…………(2-1)
4 Cleveland…………….(3-1)
3 Dodgers…………………(1-2)
This would be 18- 13. Next 31 games. Not counting first game of Washington series.

Dingler (Catcher). Is batting .307 with 8 homers 28 rbis. Maybe a call up soon.

Lakeland Flying Tigers (37-20)
no games Monday, Postponed Tuesday.
Sunday Game
Lakeland Flying Tigers beat the Jupiter Hammerheads 7-6 Sunday.

Clark is back up to .271 with a 3 for 4 day. He did hit his 3rd homer.
Wow I just looked closer at their box.
Tigers scored 6 in bottom of the 9th to win !
Kevin McGonigle was only 1-5 but he drive in the winning run !

Box

Back