Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 79 Philadelphia Phillies @ Detroit Tigers June 25, 2024 3:40 p.m. MST

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers are taking on more water as they struggle to generate offense and win games. They are now 6 games under .500 (through Monday) with only 6 other teams in MLB with worse records.

Their best hitter, Kerry Carpenter, remains on the IL and although he is rehabbing, there is no set date for his return. Almost 36% of the games the team has played this season had 2 or fewer runs scored.
It is expected that winning will become harder with the upcoming trade deadline. The Tigers are expected to lose some of their better players.

Currently, they only have 2 of 8 positions filled going into 2025. Additionally, Colt Keith is rumored to potentially be moved to 1B for the future so his position at 2B is not a slam dunk.

PoBO Scott Harris has stated that the team is looking to build a foundation and a core of players. He has said that acquiring notable free agents isn’t in the cards for the next 2 years as they work towards those goals.
But many believe that more time than that is needed to build a roster given the current status. And after 8 years of rebuilding under Al Avila, many fans are done with rebuilding and need to see a competitive team sooner rather than later. Or really, more accurately, they needed to see it “yesterday.”

So what should the Tigers do about the rest of this season? Should they trade off players for other pieces in an attempt to fill more positions, keep the current roster, or should they start working on the roster now by benching/sending down poor performers and bringing up AAA players to see what they have?

How should the Tigers manage their roster for the rest of this year?

1. Sell off players for new ones who may be part of next year's roster.

2. Keep the current roster as is.

3. Start benching/sending down players and bring up prospects.

VOTE

Is there a tiger pitching prospect that hasnt had injury issues from that time til now?
Tigers seems to be adept at this stigma. LINK

I isolated Faedo in 2017 for the same reason that I isolated Fulmer in 2016.

Perhaps the emphasis on velocity on arms not equipped to sustain it contributes to premature injuries these days. A speculation on my part. Not everyone is Verlander or Scherzer, and even they were sidelined at some point, but just not before their careers got off the ground.

Whomever this pitcher is will surely have TJS at some point.
Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 17.07.02.png

Last edited:
97.1 fm interviewed Skubal. Listening to him he sounds like he is out the door when his contract is up. Maybe I was reading it wrong.

Back