Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Cowboys @ Lions Thread

yes, twice he overthrew a wide open guy and once megatron turned into someone not from this planet and caught a ball surrounded by 4 guys. Staff still has one of the worst yards per completion averages in the NFL.

Yeah, i know he missed a few throws. Im the first to say it was one of his worse games. But he's playing great football overall and to bash that one stat is a fn joke. Are you kidding me?? lol. Keep reaching, buddy

Seemed pretty sharp on most throws just not on the long ones. Honestly think his lack of throwing downfield much this year hurt him last game. Just a bit rusty imo

Probebly high scoring game can the lions find away to get pressure on the QB is always the big question, they are just terrible in this department..

34-27 Lions. I just think the Cowboys secondary is too small to match up with the Lions tall receivers. Gonna be a close one still since the Lions dline cant get pressure.

Another must win, can't afford to lose another winnable game at home.

31-30.

Last edited:
Yep, they lose this one the playoffs are out reach. This teams needs to roll off a few wins in a row or imo the season is lost.

Yep, they lose this one the playoffs are out reach. This teams needs to roll off a few wins in a row or imo the season is lost.

The playoffs are out of reach if they lose? Interesting.....

D-line

Nfl network sharp described the lions D-line as "stick and stayers"

Just pushes straight tries to collapse the pocket but always a half second late,...

Not sure if that's just gunthers instruction or not but sharpe is right, they need to do more than just bull rush in straight lines all the time

D-line

Nfl network sharp described the lions D-line as "stick and stayers"

Just pushes straight tries to collapse the pocket but always a half second late,...

Not sure if that's just gunthers instruction or not but sharpe is right, they need to do more than just bull rush in straight lines all the time

.5 second late cause all the opposing teams' WRs are running down the field wide open.

Jerry Jones said that they are more concerned about Bush than they are about CJ and have been practicing defending against the receiver out of the backfield all week. This may be a big game for CJ if he catches them off guard.

Jerry Jones said that they are more concerned about Bush than they are about CJ and have been practicing defending against the receiver out of the backfield all week. This may be a big game for CJ if he catches them off guard.

You can disagree with me if you wish but the lions have used calvin as a possession receiver for atleast the last year. You don't see him running the homerun routes anymore. Even the deep touchdown last week was just a hailmary type toss into the endzone....its not like he toasted a db or anything. you don't see CJ beating many defenses on a deep route and well timed pass anymore typically cause hes bracketed so much. If this is what jerry is referring to than hes correct....you cant be too worried about CJ catching a bunch of 7 yard slants. But....on the other hand reggie cant be covered by any of his LBs.....if he catches the ball in the open field hes going to see a lot of space infront of him.

Last edited:
If the Lions win vs the Cowboys, it may be partly if not mostly as a result of turnovers, ala '11 which was my favorite game that season. Same with '94 @ Dallas on MNF that the Lions won in OT 20-17. Sanders vs Smith for the third (and unfortunately last time, including 91-92 playoffs), and while Barry won the rushing yds matchup 194-143, Emmitt scored the only rushing TD of the game.

It's not a must win but it I close... 5-3 in huge considering all the bad records in the NFL. Be tough to lose two in a row at home... I know our schedule is not as tough as we thought but winning on the road could be tough verses anyone... GO LIONS!!!

Back