Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 81 Tigers vs. angels June 27, 2024

Do you really thing the Tigers would make a good deal by trading Skubal?
Idk. I’d at least field offers. .but we could wait till next season. Have to try something. This team just can’t hit. I prefer to sign him but I think he will leave if he gets to free agency and I don’t blame him.

Idk. I’d at least field offers. .but we could wait till next season.
Personal opion I would extend him. I don't see a way to get a good offer.. Just a hope that you might get a good prospect. But that one rumor about Atlanta giving us some of their best prospects for Skubal .. when Atlanta doesn't have one top 50 prospects. So their best don't mean anything. You better get top prospects in baseball not on a team where there ml system blows.

I heard today on the radio most of Atlanta’s prospects are pitchers. Like #6 is a shortstop.
I’d make sure I’d get some offers from other clubs too. I would only do it if it’s a haul.
Need to get at least 3 top players from that team. Idk. Again I prefer to sign him too. But this team is eons away.

I’d call everyone up . Time to see them all. Maybe in September lol.
These guy worry to much about service time over winning.

McGonigle ss
Clark rf-cf
Jung 3b
Greene lf
Spencer dh
Keith 1b
Dingler c
Lee-2b
Meadows cf
probably to many lefty’s .. idk.
This is the World Series championship team 2025 and 2026 !
I know it’s too early for some.
Time to hit the sack. Nite .

I heard today on the radio most of Atlanta’s prospects are pitchers. Like #6 is a shortstop.
I’d make sure I’d get some offers from other clubs too. I would only do it if it’s a haul.
Need to get at least 3 top players from that team. Idk. Again I prefer to sign him too. But this team is eons away.

And the top guy is 55 in the top 100; No thanks. We need some top 10's.

Flaherty, bats struggle vs. Halos in series opener.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Angels 5 - Tigers 0: Davis Daniel dominates Tigers in his first major league start.
Jack Flaherty had an off night and the bats did nothing. Typical road game in Anaheim.
BYBTB

'Not our best night': Tigers start 10-game trip with 5-0 loss against Angels.
Detnews

Jack Flaherty rocked for three home runs in Detroit Tigers' 5-0 loss to Los Angeles Angels.
Freep

FIVE FOR FRIDAY.
Totally Tigers

As we have reached the halfway mark (June 27th, not the All-Star break), what are we now seeing from the players? Have some of them retained your interest? Have others become unbearable to follow?
The players I have been watching most closely have changed since the early months of the season.
Some have been playing stellar baseball while others have risen from being unknown to intriguing levels.
A few who have defied the odds so far as they got promoted to Detroit.

So which 5 players am I most excited to watch? And which ones make me want to turn away from the screen?
I’ve got my lists. But since we’re discussing the players we’re seeing today, eligible candidates cannot currently be in Toledo or on the IL which means that Javy Baez, Kerry Carpenter and Spencer Torkelson aren’t eligible for consideration.

Back