Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 82 Tigers vs. angels June 28, 2024 starting time 9:38 PM

This is 60 % on Harris. 25% AJ 15% coaches .

If Spencer had mlb player behind him for protection who knows maybe he sticks.
Idk. I’m just pissed at Harris mostly .

I do feel AJ is to passive. Sometimes guys need to be called out
Crap idk. So frustrating watching this gadbage.

Maeda finding his footing after recent struggles.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Tigers 2 - Angels 5: Tigers avoid extra innings by giving up a late-game home run.
BYBTB

Tigers fall season-high eight games under .500, lose 5-2 against Angels.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers stung by late 3-run homer in 5-2 loss to Los Angeles Angels.
Freep

Tigers (37-45) have lost 15 of their past 21 games, falling to eight games below .500

Angels’ 3-run homer in 8th inning sends Tigers to another loss.
Mlive

SATURDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

How should the Detroit Tigers handle the shortstop position for the rest of the year?
They’ve got 3 options for that position. Here are their stats and some facts to consider.

JAVIER BAEZ
.183/.209/.247/.456
-4 DRS
MLB’s worst qualified hitter. Veteran presence in mostly rookie infield. Still owed over $80 mill.

ZACH MCKINSTRY
.195/.259/.309/.568
-1 DRS
Utility player. Best offensive stats of the 3.

RYAN KREIDLER
.167/.286/.167/.452
-1 DRS
Just returned after hand surgery. Only 24 MLB at-bats this year. Put up solid (and best for SSs) defensive and offensive numbers during spring training.

How should the Tigers handle the SS position for the rest of the year?

1. Give Baez the majority of the work.

2. Give Kreidler the majority of the work.

3. Split playing time between Baez, Kreidler and McKinstry.

VOTE

The Los Angeles Angels have the 4th worst team ERA in baseball. Friday night they held the Tigers to 2 hits, and retired the last 18 batters they faced in order.

Scott Harris is sitting in his office believing that he was left nothing..if you are good at your job..which is talent evaluation and roster building..it doesn't take 2 years..to realize that..after 15 minutes at the table if you don't know who the mark is..you're the mark.

You have 5 actual quality performing major league players: Skubal Greene Olson Flaherty Foley. you could be the greatest manager on the planet..if that's all you have..you aren't gonna win very often..that's ONE hitter.

Games where the bottom 3 players in your batting order (7,8,9) did not get a hit.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRMbmpXXUAAHkE6?format=jpg&name=medium

Colt Keith is the worst defensive 2B by DRS-9 UZR -2.7 -2 OAA he's 54/65.
Colt Keith has walked 2X in his last 100 AB.

We swept them last year.
True...but I believe it was the first time in Anaheim since like '93(30 years), they (Angels)were on a 5 game losing streak going in... playing without their star players Shohei Ohtani and Mike Trout, who were injured. I was actually living in Anaheim in '84 and watched them sweep the Angels (where I believe they got to their famous 35-5), before going up to Seattle and getting their butts kicked.

Back