Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 88 Detroit Tigers @ Cincinnati Reds July 5, 2024 4:10 p.m. MST

If we do spend money ever do we trust Harris will sign the right guys ? Hitting wise I am not impressed with Gio and Cahna. Wish they would start hitting . Fielding has been ok. .

I heard on 97.1 that the Tigers have not won back to back games since June 4th, and have lost 7 of the last 8 series.

Sigh. Nothing is easy for this club. Freaking tying runner comes to the plate .

Need a dp.

So many close plays have gone against us this half Inning we needed that one.

Olson gets a win ! Tigers get a win. My heart . Can’t imagine if we ever get in a playoff chase again. Or in the playoffs.

Keith, Greene forming formidable 1-2 punch in heart of Tigers' order.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video highlights of the Tigers win over the reds.

Tigers 5 - Reds 4: The Tigers saved their fireworks for this one.
Reese Olson threw another really good game and got run support.
BYBTB

Tigers' Colt Keith hits two homers in 5-4 road win against Reds.
Detnews

Colt Keith doubles up on homers in Detroit Tigers' 5-4 win over Cincinnati Reds.
Freep

MID-SEASON SURVEY: THE PRESIDENT.
Totally Tigers

We are taking this holiday week to assess the first half of the Tigers 2024 season. Every day, we will pose a new question for readers to consider and then cast their votes. Of course, comments that address the day’s topic (max 3 sentences) are always welcome.

It’s time to grade the President of Baseball Operations, Scott Harris.
Keep in mind that he works within the parameters set by the Tigers Trust (multiple Ilitch family members) combined with his vision and strategy for the team. And that he has been in his position for only 1.5 years and still addressing and correcting the moves of the prior Front Office.
He is responsible for all Front Office hires and the performance of all departments. He also makes the final decision on roster moves and trades.
And finally, consider what is realistic in terms of progress and results given his short time with the club so far. After an initial year of assessment, this is his first real year of trying to move this team forward.

Here is today’s poll:
What grade would you give President of Baseball Operations Scott Harris so far this season?

1. A

2. B

3. C

4. D

5. E

VOTE

MID-SEASON SURVEY: THE PRESIDENT.
Totally Tigers

We are taking this holiday week to assess the first half of the Tigers 2024 season. Every day, we will pose a new question for readers to consider and then cast their votes. Of course, comments that address the day’s topic (max 3 sentences) are always welcome.

It’s time to grade the President of Baseball Operations, Scott Harris.
Keep in mind that he works within the parameters set by the Tigers Trust (multiple Ilitch family members) combined with his vision and strategy for the team. And that he has been in his position for only 1.5 years and still addressing and correcting the moves of the prior Front Office.
He is responsible for all Front Office hires and the performance of all departments. He also makes the final decision on roster moves and trades.
And finally, consider what is realistic in terms of progress and results given his short time with the club so far. After an initial year of assessment, this is his first real year of trying to move this team forward.

Here is today’s poll:
What grade would you give President of Baseball Operations Scott Harris so far this season?

1. A

2. B

3. C

4. D

5. E

VOTE
D

So you invite 3 guys. And far as I'm concern he's been as good as Flaherty has.
I agree, both have been good. I'm pretty worried about Flaherty needing a second injection in his back and missing a start. He needs to be healthy in order to get anything good at the trade deadline.

I wasn't able to watch the game. Why did they pull Reese after 2 outs in the 6th? He only had 88 pitches.

Back