Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gibbons kicked off team

Where am I disagreeing? I played devil's advocate in the original thread, said that was what I was doing, so we didn't have a board of people convicting Gibbons when they have no idea exactly what happened. I said Gibbons definitely screwed up and should not have done anything with a girl that drunk. I even gave a personal example of when I was in a similar situation and just tucked the girl into bed and went home.

okay, my apologies. I forgot. i will edit my post.

No. You don't just think that. If that's all you thought, there'd be no issue and you'd see that we agree with you on that point. The problem, like I said, is that you are a horribly biased person that does not even make the slightest allowance that fans of your school's rival might be regular, decent people. You can't read it when it's right there in front of you. You assume the worst of us, contrary to the words right there in front of you. I'm doing you credit if I call you a troll. The alternative is worse.

sorry you feel that way, you are decent people, I agree with a lot of you guys on a lot of issues, i enjoy the threads on the politics board too. I just think Hungry's a prick but I know that a lot of you guys feel the same way.

most of us agree, and have agreed going all the way back to the thread on the topic last summer. and one guy who appeared not to was just playing devil's advocate and said as much.

take it up with Hungry by private message, or in an AOL chat room.

Why would he take it up with me? I've been one of the more vocal ones about this situation since the apparent "injury." I guess it could be called a "family matter." I'm sure his family is very concerned about the situation.

The only thing that i discounted was the vaginal tearing as all that can prove is that intercourse took place.

Why would he take it up with me? I've been one of the more vocal ones about this situation since the apparent "injury." I guess it could be called a "family matter." I'm sure his family is very concerned about the situation.

The only thing that i discounted was the vaginal tearing as all that can prove is that intercourse took place.

okay. I will edit my response. again.

I think we have all lost sight of the fact that this is clearly the fault of the Stauskas Gangsta Walk. It's ruining society and causing our very morals to crumble.

sorry you feel that way, you are decent people, I agree with a lot of you guys on a lot of issues, i enjoy the threads on the politics board too. I just think Hungry's a prick but I know that a lot of you guys feel the same way.

Are you absolutely certain that "a lot" of guys here on the MIchigan board think I'm a prick? How many is a lot? There might be one or two, but I would argue your "a lot."

This is just one more of a number of incorrect statements you've made here in the last 6 days. Keep 'em coming, tough guy.

I don't think Hoke would lie about a situation like that though, that is grounds for dismissal, that's SEC type stuff. that's why you have the "violation of team rules." it lets the public know that a player is disciplined but it keeps the issue internal.

That would be like MD faking an injury for Bullough in the Rose bowl, it would make our program look better, not tarnish his career, and not impact his draft stock. I'd call that horseshit too

Are you absolutely certain that "a lot" of guys here on the MIchigan board think I'm a prick? How many is a lot? There might be one or two, but I would argue your "a lot."

This is just one more of a number of incorrect statements you've made here in the last 6 days. Keep 'em coming, tough guy.

I don't have exact numbers but you felt it necessary to bear your feelings in a thread about the label you've been given. I think doing that is an indicator is that it might be more than one or two.

Really? Then explain post #35.

Is the "gangster walk" the thing that Lebron does? I'm still confused about what exactly is a "gangster walk" and should we call it a "gangsta walk?"

Did Hoke have the option of saying violation of team rules? It wasn't the team that removed Gibbons. It was the university.

Did Hoke have the option of saying violation of team rules? It wasn't the team that removed Gibbons. It was the university.

Then it was a violation of university policy, if he in fact lied that's awful.

Again, I'm not saying that he lied, i'd guess the family matter and injury were coincidental. Hoke may not be a great football coach but I don't think he's a snake.

I don't think Hoke would lie about a situation like that though, that is grounds for dismissal, that's SEC type stuff. that's why you have the "violation of team rules." it lets the public know that a player is disciplined but it keeps the issue internal.

That would be like MD faking an injury for Bullough in the Rose bowl, it would make our program look better, not tarnish his career, and not impact his draft stock. I'd call that horseshit too

Well, Gibbons was notified in writing on 12/19 that effective 12/20 he was completely separated from the University. Non-students can't play football. That's why he didn't play in the 12/28 bowl game. No because of some family matter.

I don't have exact numbers but you felt it necessary to bear your feelings in a thread about the label you've been given. I think doing that is an indicator is that it might be more than one or two.

Nah. Just pointing out that you are wrong about stuff, too. Not the big deal you want to make it look like.

Nah. Just pointing out that you are wrong about stuff, too. Not the big deal you want to make it look like.

Well you felt it necessary to air your feelings and explain yourself. again, it was more than 1 or 2 i'd guess. or was it just 1 or 2? you may have had your feelings hurt but 1 or 2, that's a question for you.

According to Sbee, it's just a strut after making a big play in a game. Here is what an actual "gangsta walk" is like:

teE

here's the description from the UM beat writer from MLIVE

A shoulder-swaying, catwalk-worthy strut and scowl accompanied other made baskets.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/01/back_strutting_nik_stauskas_po.html

I call it a gangsta walk, he calls it a catwalk worth strut, it's semantics but I guess it's a talking point for you.

Hoke had to say Gibbons wouldn't be there without arousing suspicion. He probably could have done it without lying, but he said something just specific enough that I think most of us would call it a lie. That's bad, but I think we all had a hunch that he lies like that fairly regularly regarding injuries or what decisions he's made regarding who's playing and that sort of thing. Being able to hide information without lying and without arousing suspicion takes a skill that I just don't think Hoke has. It's not good and I wish he'd just say "no comment" and let people be suspicious.

I'm more concerned with when he knew what and what he did about it, which I doubt we'll ever know.

here's the description from the UM beat writer from MLIVE

A shoulder-swaying, catwalk-worthy strut and scowl accompanied other made baskets.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/01/back_strutting_nik_stauskas_po.html

I call it a gangsta walk, he calls it a catwalk worth strut, it's semantics but I guess it's a talking point for you.

It's only semantics to a person who has no idea what a gangsta walk actually is.

I don't care at all about what Stauskas is doing. It hurts no one and all it shows is his confidence. I enjoy players that have personality and a little flavor.

Last edited:
Really? Then explain post #35.

to be clear, I wasn't talking to you. your explanation was spot on.

some people chime in and say "whatever, he was kicked off the team for months."

like that's justice? 4 years after the fact? that's why I said this was bad.

Back