Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gotta win San Diego, Minny, and Oakland games

hankpav53

And we'll be in... We all knew deep down we'd lose today.. it was wishful thinking to think otherwise...

I think the reason everyone's riled up is the way we lost. the suh 'stomp'.. he'll get fined.. let's hope suspended nothing more than a game if he is.. we're gonna get rolled at New Orleans in 10 days regardless

I already know next week people are gonna flippppp out when we lose to the saints...

but just remember.. that 3 game stretch in December will decide our season

Also can I just say to all the Lions fans who say the defense sucks.. you don't know fucking ANYTHING about football

When we had our full personnel we held Rodgers and the entire offense to 87 FUCKING YARDS IN THE FIRST HALF... That's unreal with the way they've been playing this year

Take away ANY teams top two Defensive backs, and have to stick a FUCKING WIDE RECEIVER at safety, and let's see how they perform..

We're gonna hold our own on defense against the saints, i'm convinced of this... we will not win the game because our offense just doesn't seem to be clicking right now... but to say they're gonna put up 56 points on us is just ridiculous. Our defense has talent.. quit overreacting

Yeah, we always had to beat SD, Minny and Oakland to have a chance at the playoffs. I think today's loss to GB is an overreaction for sure.

But I no longer think 10 wins will get us in. Looking at the schedules I think Chicago will end up with 11 wins. If they only get 10 they will most likely have the same division record as us but a better conference record than us. Atlanta will get to 10 wins. Atlanta has the tie breaker against us too so we'll be shit out of luck.

I mean honestly if we get 10 wins, we have to consider this a successful season... if we get to 10 and don't get in.. i'll be peeved, but can't be upset...

I predicted beginning of the year 9 wins, with 10 coming from a game where we get lucky.. when we went 5-0 to start the year i think everyones expectations SKYrocketed ... we just weren't as good as that record showed..still a young team with a 23 year old qb who's playing pretty well...

let's hope his finger heals up soon... but yeah again we just gotta get to ten and hopefully the rest will play out to help us get in

hankpav53 said:
I mean honestly if we get 10 wins, we have to consider this a successful season... if we get to 10 and don't get in.. i'll be peeved, but can't be upset...

I predicted beginning of the year 9 wins, with 10 coming from a game where we get lucky.. when we went 5-0 to start the year i think everyones expectations SKYrocketed ... we just weren't as good as that record showed..still a young team with a 23 year old qb who's playing pretty well...

let's hope his finger heals up soon... but yeah again we just gotta get to ten and hopefully the rest will play out to help us get in

10 wins is a success in my book. I desparately want us to make the playoffs even if we lose. I think it's an important step to get a taste and experience a playoff atmosphere....learn how to deal with everything that goes along with it.

2011 Lions = 2010 Bucs?

Beat the bad teams but can't beat the good teams.

Nah we've beat some good teams.. I forget what the stat was but didn't the bucs not beat anybody with a winning record??

we had quality wins against dallas and chicago.. hell Denver is starting to look like a good win the way their defense has been playing lately..

I agree we are kind of like the 2010 bucs.. but not to the degree of fakers they were

We have not beat legitimate teams. We can hope that green bay loses a game before week 17 and pulls their starters; and that wouldnt even count as a legitimate win on our part. The losses wouldnt sting so bad if the team didnt look like shitheads after every loss. With that being said, i dont know that we can win all three of those games. It will likely come down to the last week and help from some other team.

hankpav53 said:
And we'll be in... We all knew deep down we'd lose today.. it was wishful thinking to think otherwise...

I think the reason everyone's riled up is the way we lost. the suh 'stomp'.. he'll get fined.. let's hope suspended nothing more than a game if he is.. we're gonna get rolled at New Orleans in 10 days regardless

I already know next week people are gonna flippppp out when we lose to the saints...

but just remember.. that 3 game stretch in December will decide our season

it depends on how we lose pavs....it depends on HOW WE LOSE. if teams were just beating us with their own good play, there would be nothing to get upset over......this is just the most asinine, undisciplined and extremely TALENTED squad i've ever seen in the game of football......the fact that they're talented enough to win TODAY is frustrating.....but as i keep reading, i guess i must learn to accept these foibles. i should just accept them....

This team isn't ready and it became apparent today. Between dipshit defensive linemen and our undisciplined O-Line...I think we're damn lucky to be 7-4. This team is a Romo and McNabb implosion away from being 5-5. I thought at the end of last year we were 2 good drafts away from being a playoff contender. But Leshoure got hurt and now I think we're 2 good drafts away still. Moving in the right direction, but the GPS is still searching for a signal.

The problem with that is is will give us losses verses the Packers again and New Orleans.. two more conferences losses which will put us at 6-6 in the conference.. Not good when it comes to three team tie-breakers. Even the Cowboys would get us then...

coel73 said:
We have not beat legitimate teams. We can hope that green bay loses a game before week 17 and pulls their starters; and that wouldnt even count as a legitimate win on our part. The losses wouldnt sting so bad if the team didnt look like shitheads after every loss. With that being said, i dont know that we can win all three of those games. It will likely come down to the last week and help from some other team.

I guess the 7-3 bears are not legitimate.
I guess the 7-4 cowboys are not legitimate.

cmlfactor said:
This team isn't ready and it became apparent today. Between dipshit defensive linemen and our undisciplined O-Line...I think we're damn lucky to be 7-4. This team is a Romo and McNabb implosion away from being 5-5. I thought at the end of last year we were 2 good drafts away from being a playoff contender. But Leshoure got hurt and now I think we're 2 good drafts away still. Moving in the right direction, but the GPS is still searching for a signal.

Truth is this team can never stay healthy... it is so frustrating to watch our defense dominate the Packers for a whole half and be behind 7-0....

Depending on whether the DBs and everyone else can get back to a semblance of healthy, they may just lose out. This team's implosion began when they lost to SF and that was amplified by Schwartz's actions with Harbaugh. Since then, they've been making more and more idiotic mistakes.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
The lions can beat all three too

True. I think they probably go 2-1 in those three games. I think Oakland beats them, SD can also beat them but it depends if they quit on the coach. The Lions should beat MN

Back