Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gotta win San Diego, Minny, and Oakland games

Not sure anyone thought we'd beat the Bears twice, and I doubt anyone thought a W against GB. The other two losses are against a 9-2 San Fran team and Atlanta. It'd have been nice to win against the teams, but we do have a win against the Bears and the Cowboys and we beat the other teams we were suppose to beat.

Considering all the upsets this season, I bet the fans of some other teams are much more disappointed. TB, Philly and their fkn dream team, the Jets who are 5-5 after losing to Denver and those Colts.

If Dallas takes their division I don't think anyone else from the East is WC contention,NYG have a tough schedule. It comes down to Chicago, Atlanta and us. Unfortunately, we might not have either tie breaker.

Ill say it again. Until stafford favorite receivers arent a RB or the other team...we wont be winning any games. For 3 weeks in a row hes put the defense in awful situations. For such a big arm he doesnt like to throw the ball more than 4 yards. Its been terrible to watch. 7-9 here we come. Brees, Rivers, Palmer will torch this depleted secondary. I thought our dline wasnt getting enough pressure before....just wait until Suh gets suspended for atleast a game lol. Fairley hasnt done jack when hes been in there. Dline wont be getting much pressure and those qbs will be picking our secondary apart....its gonna be ugly. Riley Reiff, LT, #13 overall...welcome to the lions!

Even if we do go 10-6... We will probably be 6-6 in the conference.. That will doom us in tie-breakers with three or more teams especially if they are Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Even if we do go 10-6... We will probably be 6-6 in the conference.. That will doom us in tie-breakers with three or more teams especially if they are Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta.

10 - 6 , you need 3 of the next 5 , 3 on the road against good teams...just dont see it..especially now with the injuries mounting up.

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Even if we do go 10-6... We will probably be 6-6 in the conference.. That will doom us in tie-breakers with three or more teams especially if they are Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta.

10 - 6 , you need 3 of the next 5 , 3 on the road against good teams...just dont see it..especially now with the injuries mounting up.

Oh I agree with you.. I was just pointing out if we lose to the packers and the Saints and win the other three we will finish 6-6 in the conference and probably will miss out on the tie-breakers if we are tied with three teams or more which will be frustrating.. I agree with you detroit is not winning in Oakland unless something miraculous happens... Maybe Lem Barney will be re-signed..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
coel73 said:
We have not beat legitimate teams. We can hope that green bay loses a game before week 17 and pulls their starters; and that wouldnt even count as a legitimate win on our part. The losses wouldnt sting so bad if the team didnt look like shitheads after every loss. With that being said, i dont know that we can win all three of those games. It will likely come down to the last week and help from some other team.

I guess the 7-3 bears are not legitimate.
I guess the 7-4 cowboys are not legitimate.

The team is not good enough to count those wins as legitimate. The cowboys imploded historically (rare) and the bears played maybe the worst game they've played all year (rare) so i wouldnt count those games, and a couple others for that matter. If the team had been winning for years then thats something different. Every week this team goes out and plays ball, you can tell winning is new territory for them.

Back