Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Green out with injury

this season is beyond ridiculous at this point, it's a complete farce.

Brady Hoke must've used up all his luck in year 2011, and had nothing to fall back on.

Sucks for Green, but this injury has forced the staff to make the correct call at RB -- Smith should have been the #1 the whole time. His runs always look better -- in every game. Green's only good runs come when the line makes a huge hole for him and he gets awesome blocking. Smith gets good yards even when nothing is there for him.

Look at me, talking like we don't' suck and games matter.

Green was just another 5 star recruit that bamboozled this coaching staff....

Sucks for Green, but this injury has forced the staff to make the correct call at RB -- Smith should have been the #1 the whole time. His runs always look better -- in every game. Green's only good runs come when the line makes a huge hole for him and he gets awesome blocking. Smith gets good yards even when nothing is there for him.

Look at me, talking like we don't' suck and games matter.

I'm not so sure Smith will be playing this week either. At best he will be play injured, which will reduce his performance obviously.

So it very well might end up that Hayes starts, with ??? sharing reps?

Penn State could be a black eye for this team, even more than what they currently have. Night game, prime time. If the students don't show, half-filled with white, and the team loses, yikes.

UM had both eyes blackened by Noter Dame...
Then multiple cuts and bruises were added by Utah...
Minnesota delivered a devastating blow that rocked UM to the ground...
Rutgers continued to beat down...

Now UM is like that movie hero who keeps trying to get back up, but every blow seems to make it more difficult for them to mount any kind of real attack. Staggering and falling back down only to try getting back up again. Swinging wildly only to miss and take another round of beatings till they fall again.

I'm still watching though, because I know UM is the hero. At some point they will find an inner strength and will themselves to victory over these villainous foes! They will overcome all of their obstacles and beatings and they will once more be known as CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

(This film is not yet rated nor has a release date been made available....unfortunately)

Now UM is like that movie hero who keeps trying to get back up, but every blow seems to make it more difficult for them to mount any kind of real attack. Staggering and falling back down only to try getting back up again. Swinging wildly only to miss and take another round of beatings till they fall again.

I'm still watching though, because I know UM is the hero. At some point they will find an inner strength and will themselves to victory over these villainous foes! They will overcome all of their obstacles and beatings and they will once more be known as CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

(This film is not yet rated nor has a release date been made available....unfortunately)

I view it more as cliffhanger...

1) what will happen next season
2) will there even be a next season?

I'm not so sure Smith will be playing this week either. At best he will be play injured, which will reduce his performance obviously.

So it very well might end up that Hayes starts, with ??? sharing reps?

Smith isn't injured.....

Sounds like Rocky! Well, really the villanous foes have been themselves. None of these teams have played lights out. Even the ND game, Michigan just failed to score by stopping themselves. So, it is kind of like Rocky fighting himself, knocking himself down over and over again with punches to his own head, scrambling to his feet again with the help of the ropes only to be knocked down again. Adrian, ADRIAN.......

Ehh. It's not really like Rocky fighting himself. The other teams have been Ivan Drago, and Michigan has been the 55-year old Apollo Creed.

Michigan is Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke and everyone they play is George Kennedy.

Is Green made of glass? Wasn't he hurt last season as well? Or was that the year before? Either eay bad news.

Back