Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh's Record

Gulo Blue

Terrible in the big games, but looking at W/L percentages, he's 3 games behind Carr. Meaning flip 3 losses to wins and he'd have a better overall winning percentage. 1 more win, every other year. 7 games behind Schembechler. 10 games behind Yost.

Or going the other way, he's 9 games ahead of Hoke and 25! games ahead of Rodriguez.

This is the 3rd time we've seen 10-1 going into The Game.

He's 0-5 against OSU and the only reason he's not 0-6 with 5 being by huge margins is COVID.

This year they seem to be on the right track. But to your point, if he doesn't lose 2 games a year he should win then we're not talking about this. There were bad breaks for sure. 2015 MSU. 2016 OSU I don't hold against him because of the officiating (not the spot, everything else), MSU this year, Iowa 2016. I'm sure there's more but it's 1:30am and I'm tired so that will have to suffice.

Last edited:
I want to clarify that I am very impressed with the Jim has turned the program around. There's not a single one of us that expected them to be in the position they are in right now. It would be great if they were undefeated and all, but there are several games that they won this year that his teams of the past would have lost, and more games still that they've won easily that past teams would have had to play 4 quarters (Indiana, I'm talking about you). And he's doing all of it with a first year starter at QB and average talent in several position groups.

I also can't blame Jim for the sole loss when they had so much go against them.

I want to clarify that I am very impressed with the Jim has turned the program around. There's not a single one of us that expected them to be in the position they are in right now. It would be great if they were undefeated and all, but there are several games that they won this year that his teams of the past would have lost, and more games still that they've won easily that past teams would have had to play 4 quarters (Indiana, I'm talking about you). And he's doing all of it with a first year starter at QB and average talent in several position groups.

I also can't blame Jim for the sole loss when they had so much go against them.

Weather we thought we win games or not my gauge is based on beating OSU and winning a B1G title. It's been too long for both. And 4 straight bowl losses. Fair or not those are the most important. Losing to both MSU and OSU would be a failure in my opinion.

And the average talent in several positions - well he is the one who puts the team together.

Last edited:
He's 0-5 against OSU and the only reason he's not 0-6 with 5 being by huge margins is COVID.

This year they seem to be on the right track. But to your point, if he doesn't lose 2 games a year he should win then we're not talking about this. There were bad breaks for sure. 2015 MSU. 2016 OSU I don't hold against him because of the officiating (not the spot, everything else), MSU this year, Iowa 2016. I'm sure there's more but it's 1:30am and I'm tired so that will have to suffice.

We would have beaten OSU last year.

We would have beaten OSU last year.

Edited because this seemed funnier and could be plausible:

Yup and tinsel is the Easter Bunny.

I know that was sarcasm at its finest but damn...

Edited to add this:

We won't beat them this year. Maybe if we would have played them in week 5 or around that time. It appears they are hitting on all cylinders and UM has been steady all season with not a lot of growth as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the loss to MSU helps increase their focus and desire to not lose next week. It is obviously a huge challenge, but it is not impossible. OSU is not as good as previous years, and the crushing defeat vs MSU was somewhat expected since MSU is vulnerable against the pass and was essentially without their Heisman candidate Walker due to his ankle injury, among other injuries. Yeah, next man up and all... but we have to acknowledge when playing O$U, a team needs their best athletes who will make the fewest mistakes (like Simmons fumble) on the field.

I honestly think the O$U win over MSU is inflated by those things. However, I also think UM made several mistakes that Maryland did not capitalize on that OSU would have exploited. The defense needs to improve dramatically for UM to have a chance. Neither Hutch nor Ojabo made much of an impact on passing game which was more than a little deflating considering OSU is going to likely use that as a blueprint. At least there were a few blitzes to add pressure, but that is also countered by yet another QB running wild vs UM.

Just once UM needs to catch a break. OSU has not been as good relative to prior years, UM really needs to take advantage of this opportunity.

Edited because this seemed funnier and could be plausible:

Yup and tinsel is the Easter Bunny.

I know that was sarcasm at its finest but damn...

Edited to add this:

We won't beat them this year. Maybe if we would have played them in week 5 or around that time. It appears they are hitting on all cylinders and UM has been steady all season with not a lot of growth as far as I'm concerned.

Actually they struggled more during their Week 8 and 9 wins vs PSU and Nebraska. Last week MSU was without Walker and MSU pass defense has sucked all year, so not really surprises how they destroyed MSU.

I'm hoping they are a bit over confident after that win, but they are always up for playing UM. Their continual lucky breaks against UM is also a huge issue.

And for the love of EVERYTHING, can the refs actually call fucking holding against OL blocking our Edge!

OSU's offense is great. That said, the QB almost never gets pressured (only been sacked 9 times all year). If UM can get a consistent pass rush on Stroud and UM's offense can run the ball at will, UM will be in this game until the end. If they force a few Stroud turnovers, UM will win.

Looking back at OSU vs. MSU....MSU had no chance in that game. They have no pass rush and can't cover a WR. Even if Walker would have run wild, OSU's offense would have just kept their foot on the gas. Stroud could have thrown 8 TDs in that game if they wanted to.

The key is going to be pressuring and containing Stroud. If he runs wild Michigan will have little chance in this game.

The key is going to be pressuring and containing Stroud. If he runs wild Michigan will have little chance in this game.

Stroud isn't much of a run threat. He's not bordering on incapable like McNamara but he's only got 25 attempts on the season for 0 yards and a long of 15.

I think we need to stop the run first. My guess is Osu will try to get the running game going and then hit us with the play action pass to the great wr they have. I know we have two great ends but they need to keep Stroud in the Pocket . They have to hold containment.

Last edited:
I?m just really worried about the running back Osu has. It just seems at times we can get gashed by the run by a good back. Walker did it.
I still think we need 2-3 feet of snow.

Last edited:
I?m just really worried about the running back Osu has. It just seems at times we can get gashed by the run by a good back. Walker did it.
I still think we need 2-3 feet of snow.

forecast calls for partly cloudy skies, high of 35, light winds out of the west, 4% chance of precipitation.

I guess it's fitting that a thread on Harbaugh's record boils down to a discussion of whether he can beat OSU this year.

I guess it's fitting that a thread on Harbaugh's record boils down to a discussion of whether he can beat OSU this year.

I think this is some perspective on how the bad guys felt with Cooper as coach.

Back