Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I Hate This Team

Fuck Miles. How about Cam Cameron as at worst, OC, and at best HC?

I'm sitting here thinking, "I'm from PA, I chose Michigan as my team as a kid because I liked their helmets, I played D-III football, my degree is from Penn State, why the fuck am I putting myself through this shit with UM?!" I'm hoping my level of loyalty carries me through til tomorrow, next Saturday, next season. But right now, I feel like I did when I was younger and the revelation came to me that it was time to break up with the girl and move on.

And while the logical me cites the youth of the OLine and RB corps, the deficiencies at WR and the recruiting that indicates those holes have been filled, the emotional side of me sees Fitz getting carries, NO OFFENSIVE GAMEPLAN WHATSOEVER from the fat fuck in the booth, and it sees me putting myself through this shit from now until 2046 when UM wins the B1G Championship.

Run, Peppers, run.

M '79. I'm dyed in the wool and have no choice. Where'd you play DIII?

About an hour north of Pittsburgh. Grove City College, right by Slippery Rock, PA!

My uncle played at Slippery Rock! My father played at Widener University, known as Pennsylvania Military College when he played there.

About an hour north of Pittsburgh. Grove City College, right by Slippery Rock, PA!

I got to wear "a" winged helmet, just not the one I wanted.

Apparently Lloyd Carr didn't want a 5'11, 235 lb. defensive linemen / quarterback.

Its supposed to be our program that is talked about in the National Championship mix year in and year out.

I wish it was like that but we have to wait until a high profile coach is hired after Hoke. Hopefully sooner than later.

One of my best friends from high school went to UM. After my knees gave out, I had my buddy's roommate buy a UM student ticket, and for my last two years of college, I drove to AA for home football games. We drank all night at the house, slept for 2 hours, I dragged myself into the student section, stood all game, swore at guys for 3 hours, and almost got into a fight once with Drew Henson.

One of my best friends from high school went to UM. After my knees gave out, I had my buddy's roommate buy a UM student ticket, and for my last two years of college, I drove to AA for home football games. We drank all night at the house, slept for 2 hours, I dragged myself into the student section, stood all game, swore at guys for 3 hours, and almost got into a fight once with Drew Henson.

Drew was fortunate.

Drew was fortunate.

haha....I'd like to think so. I'm guessing the pant legs covered the scars from the ACL surgeries.

I can guarantee you this; if Lloyd Carr had given me the ball at the goaline at Purdue instead of William Carr, I wouldn't have fumbled!

Who's the coach de jour? Remember when it was Charlie Weiss then Brian Kelly?

I can see Tom Brady one of these days if the team just goes to utterly shit for 10 years which I can see happening. I applaud Kelly for getting his team to the top something Hoke knows nothing about.

What if Kirk Herbstreit didn't break the Les Miles story when he did? What if Miles were allowed to win a NC with LSU, THEN the story breaks?

Its supposed to be our program that is talked about in the National Championship mix year in and year out.

Why? When was the last time that happened year in and year out? The 1910s? Michigan has been in the National Title mix a total of 3 or 4 times in the last 65 years, WTF makes you think they're supposed to be in it year in and year out? Fritz Chrysler?

Maybe relying less on an imagined glorious past and relying more on hard work and scrapping for everything you can get will get Michigan Football back to being a national force. Hoke is the absolute perfect coach when it comes to paying lip service to a past that never really happened, he said all the things Michigan fans eat up with a spoon, so much so that you all ignored the fact that he is in no way qualified to be the HC at a nationally prominent program. The guy is a joke and I hope it take you 3 more seasons to figure it out, you guys absolutely have the coach that you 100% deserve.

After Ohio State blows you out next weekend, I hope that you collectively tell Brady Hoke to shut his fat mouth when he starts the "We're Michigan forgodsake" BS.

Last edited:
Oh, but he is defiant and more pissy now. I love how shit changes for a coach when nothing is going right. Some have no clue how to deal. Hoke just makes people even more pissed and angry.

I can admire his loyalty to his fellow coaches, but I think Hoke is coming to accept that Borges is not getting the job done and must go. It is not easy for him and I am sure he hates to realize that he is going to have to fire some people. Hoke has another year for himself. If he wants to keep his job beyond the end of next season he is going to have to step up and bring in some new coaches for the O. He should be able to get some good O coaching. This is Michigan fergodsakes and that still means something (even after the past few years).

Why? When was the last time that happened year in and year out? The 1910s? Michigan has been in the National Title mix a total of 3 or 4 times in the last 65 years, WTF makes you think they're supposed to be in it year in and year out? Fritz Chrysler?

Maybe relying less on an imagined glorious past and relying more on hard work and scrapping for everything you can get will get Michigan Football back to being a national force. Hoke is the absolute perfect coach when it comes to paying lip service to a past that never really happened, he said all the things Michigan fans eat up with a spoon, so much so that you all ignored the fact that he is in no way qualified to be the HC at a nationally prominent program. The guy is a joke and I hope it take you 3 more seasons to figure it out.

After Ohio State blows you out next weekend, I hope that you collectively tell Brady Hoke to shut his fat mouth when he starts the "We're Michigan forgodsake" BS.

"the fact that he is in no way qualified to be the HC at a nationally prominent program."

Perfect line. He is in NO WAY qualified to be the HC at a nationally prominent program. But he IS qualified to be the HC at Michigan, a school that runs out anyone who isn't "one of us" and who will overlook faults and weaknesses of someone who knows the words to the fight song, not necessarily how to win football games.

Hoke can/will save himself by getting rid of Borges. A HC who loves a school can win. His love of the school will attract recruits. But he HAS to get coordinators who know X's and O's well enough to win. Mattison has it. Borges does not.

What if Kirk Herbstreit didn't break the Les Miles story when he did? What if Miles were allowed to win a NC with LSU, THEN the story breaks?

We would be on top right now and Miles would have beaten *Ohio two times in one year.

Arizona up 21-3 over Oregon.

Arizona scoring points.

Keeping Oregon off the board. 3 points scored with 10 to go in the first half.

From '70 to '78 M was ranked no lower than 5th going into its last game so that's at least 9 times in 43 years that I would consider M in the "national title mix" during the season.

Other top-five rankings in final games: 1989, 1991, 1997, 2003, 2006.

So that's 14 times in 43 years. And the program has won 900+ games. 386 wins since 1970. Only Nebraska and OKlahoma have more wins in that time frame.

MSU is ranked 49th with 260.

MSU fans would love to have Michigan's legacy. They would abuse the hell out of it if they did.

Back