Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I Hate This Team

From '70 to '78 M was ranked no lower than 5th going into its last game so that's at least 9 times in 43 years that I would consider M in the "national title mix" during the season.

Other top-five rankings in final games: 1989, 1991, 1997, 2003, 2006.

So that's 14 times in 43 years. And the program has won 900+ games. 386 wins since 1970. Only Nebraska and OKlahoma have more wins in that time frame.

MSU is ranked 49th with 260.

MSU fans would love to have Michigan's legacy. They would abuse the hell out of it if they did.

Too bad espn classic isn't around anymore.

This team is certainly painful to watch. It's just so poorly coached on offense. The sad thing is that the defense was actually fun to watch in this game, but they just got worn down by the offense going three and out every single god damn time; and they did it without two of their starting LB's. Al Borges has literally ruined this team. The inability to change anything he does or attempt to adapt to what the other team is doing is dumbfounding.

Last edited:
I'm sitting here thinking, "I'm from PA, I chose Michigan as my team as a kid because I liked their helmets, I played D-III football, my degree is from Penn State, why the fuck am I putting myself through this shit with UM?!" I'm hoping my level of loyalty carries me through til tomorrow, next Saturday, next season. But right now, I feel like I did when I was younger and the revelation came to me that it was time to break up with the girl and move on.

And while the logical me cites the youth of the OLine and RB corps, the deficiencies at WR and the recruiting that indicates those holes have been filled, the emotional side of me sees Fitz getting carries, NO OFFENSIVE GAMEPLAN WHATSOEVER from the fat fuck in the booth, and it sees me putting myself through this shit from now until 2046 when UM wins the B1G Championship.

Run, Peppers, run.

Yep, must be hard when PSU is exceeding expectations...

My wife remarked that Gardner didn't look like he wanted to be out there, at times. Broken...

Yep, especially if you saw his face on 3rd and longs...he was beaten before he even snapped the ball on most of those.

Yep, must be hard when PSU is exceeding expectations...

Seriously. Bill O'Brien, Urban Meyer, Gary Anderson, Mike D'Antonio, Brady Hoke.

Cue the Sesame Street song, "One of these things is not like the other; one of these things just doesn't belong..."

Oregon will comeback and win.

doesn't matter. All the Rich Rod haters had Oregon blowing RIch Rod out 63-14...I doubt that is going to happen. Of course, plenty of time for poor ol' Rich Rod to prove me wrong.

Why? When was the last time that happened year in and year out? The 1910s? Michigan has been in the National Title mix a total of 3 or 4 times in the last 65 years, WTF makes you think they're supposed to be in it year in and year out? Fritz Chrysler?

Michigan may have tanked their seasons, but they were certainly in the NC talk throughout Bo's years all the way through Lloyds years. My point was they had the players and they had the opportunity for success(which somehow is completely gone now). Things didnt always go as planned. But i will tell you there wasnt one time where we(as Michigan fans)didnt think it was going to be our year every year. There was no question Michigan had the teams to take them all the way. Michigan and Miami were putting players in the NFL by the dozen. Doesnt always correlate to NC's, but the team sure was talked about year after year. Something MSU can never claim. You guys can go 12-1 the next 10 years and you will never be talked about as a possible National Champion the following season. Sucks and may be political, but its true.

Michigan may have tanked their seasons, but they were certainly in the NC talk throughout Bo's years all the way through Lloyds years. My point was they had the players and they had the opportunity for success(which somehow is completely gone now). Things didnt always go as planned. But i will tell you there wasnt one time where we(as Michigan fans)didnt think it was going to be our year every year. There was no question Michigan had the teams to take them all the way. Michigan and Miami were putting players in the NFL by the dozen. Doesnt always correlate to NC's, but the team sure was talked about year after year. Something MSU can never claim. You guys can go 12-1 the next 10 years and you will never be talked about as a possible National Champion the following season. Sucks and may be political, but its true.

Just stop, its sad, you're better than that. You lost, it sucks. No need to embarrass yourself

Translation: You're right; I got nothing to refute that.

Actually, I'm thinking of what I said after we played you guys. The past is comfortable, the present is inconvenient, so stay in the past. It sounds like the end of raging bull

Actually, I'm thinking of what I said after we played you guys. The past is comfortable, the present is inconvenient, so stay in the past. It sounds like the end of raging bull

Yawn.

I'm with a lot of you; I typically don't think anything good comes from a loss.

But if these 3 losses in 4 games starts the movement towards change that benefits the program long term, then maybe it's not all in vain.

But what if Borges is the OC come spring practice?

I'm with a lot of you; I typically don't think anything good comes from a loss.

But if these 3 losses in 4 games starts the movement towards change that benefits the program long term, then maybe it's not all in vain.

But what if Borges is the OC come spring practice?

Then I guess Dave Brandon may feel some heat from Alumni.

Just stop, its sad, you're better than that. You lost, it sucks. No need to embarrass yourself

Nope, embarrrassing myself would be hanging out on another teams board because there's not enough MSU fans to have a forum with.

Nope, embarrrassing myself would be hanging out on another teams board because there's not enough MSU fans to have a forum with.

There are plenty of msu fans to talk to, this isnt the only forum on the planet.

It doesn't matter, talk about the 70s, 80s, and 90s all you want.

Have a pleasant evening

Last edited:
Back