Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

In case you had any remaining doubts whether gun nuts are insane or not

Going overboard is not appropriate board ettiquette.

MichChamp should know this.
I didn't know he was quoting a movie.

however, googling that term alerted me to a movie I never knew existed, and which is probably terrible:
MV5BMTc5NDQzNTI5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDgxMTgzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

I didn't know he was quoting a movie.

however, googling that term alerted me to a movie I never knew existed, and which is probably terrible:
MV5BMTc5NDQzNTI5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDgxMTgzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

If there is any possibility of a movie quote, one should always consult with byco first, who knows every movie quote/reference that has ever happened, before one responds.

It's only appropriate board ettiquette.

so the latest from Florida...

a retired sheriff's deputy shoots and kills a man for texting during the previews of a movie.

and to show how insanely skewed the debate has become, the article, from the NYT - ostensibly one of the more "liberal" news organizations in the nation - originally included the line that the shooting "underscore the debate about using smartphones in public." Which... wow. No debate about whether all morons should legally be able to carry everywhere they go, but smart phones...

presumably the NYT removed it either after an editor caught it or people complained.

I don't know how any sane person can continue to advocate "shall issue..." cc laws are a good thing. human nature being what it is, these sorts of incidents are only going to increase. I don't know why the NRA is never called to address that. "Won't random shootings increase?"

According to what I just read in the Guardian, he was in an argument with other soldiers prior to the shooting. To me, this proves, once again, what can happen if people who already have mental issues have guns on them. Any fight (and be it over texting at the movies) can trigger a fatal reaction. Why would you need a gun in your pocket if you are going to see a movie - how do people explain that to themselves? (Uh, sb might take away my popcorn, I better take my gun with me'?). I really hope that the next generations will have a different take on the whole gun control issue and make some changes. From what I see (http://www.statista.com/statistics/207092/attitude-towards-gun-control-in-the-us-by-generation/) it's leaning in that directions with the millenials, but only just so slightly.

According to what I just read in the Guardian, he was in an argument with other soldiers prior to the shooting. To me, this proves, once again, what can happen if people who already have mental issues have guns on them. Any fight (and be it over texting at the movies) can trigger a fatal reaction. Why would you need a gun in your pocket if you are going to see a movie - how do people explain that to themselves? (Uh, sb might take away my popcorn, I better take my gun with me'?). I really hope that the next generations will have a different take on the whole gun control issue and make some changes. From what I see (http://www.statista.com/statistics/207092/attitude-towards-gun-control-in-the-us-by-generation/) it's leaning in that directions with the millenials, but only just so slightly.

If people are allowed to carry guns they will. Sad but true..I'll have to remind myself never to take my phone into a movie theater. It's probably why I spend more time at home, it's too freakin' stupid out there.

If people are allowed to carry guns they will. Sad but true..I'll have to remind myself never to take my phone into a movie theater. It's probably why I spend more time at home, it's too freakin' stupid out there.

Yep... That's how it's always been. It isn't like the results of a couple decades of NRA/GOP stupidity

Back