Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

this is interesting. What I take from this is we spend 16 times our defense budget on corporate subsidies. That would mean we spend about $9.7 trillion on corporate subsidies. That seems a bit high since the entire US budget was $4.1 trillion.

So… You’re suggesting that the representation may not be entirely accurate?

I think someone made a similar point over a week ago in post #453 (it was me, I did that except I wasn't nearly as polite about it at Tom).

The numbers may be a little exaggerated, but it's still a problem (you gormless fucks).

Here, from the Federalist's own reporting on the topic. the article is undated, but I gather it's from during Obama's first term in office. presumably these numbers have only gotten worse since then, as corporate pork, clout, concetrarion, and power have only been increasing under both Obama and Trump (link):
A popular new article from the far lefties at Common Dreams frighteningly warns that American families pay, on average, $6000 per year in corporate welfare to the dreaded ?big business.? There?s plenty to like in this article, and its general theme ? hardworking American taxpayers forced by Big Government to line the pockets of large, well-connected corporations ? certainly warrants more bipartisan attention (and criticism). I?m also happy to see that not everyone on the left has abandoned their distaste for corporate subsidies now that their subsidy-loving guy is in the White House.
If you add these altogether, you see that federal, state and local governments force American families to give, on average, $2436 per year to companies that certainly don?t need the handouts (or shouldn?t be in business if they do). That $2436 could go a long, long way for most families, whether it was spent on food and clothing, vacation, a college fund, or whatever mom, dad and the kids most need.

talk about gormless. again, nobody said they don't matter and nobody is arguing for more. but when has that ever stopped you from arguing against something nobody is saying then insulting them for saying it, even though no one did.

if the Federalist numbers are correct and people making $50k/yr pay less than 10% of the tax burden in the US, federal corporate subsidies would cost them about $87/year and another $69 for state and local taxes. These numbers of course assume that these are a pure cost and there is no benefit to the incentives that corporations receive - a position you no doubt hold since you think that government should control everything and therefore government spending is the only kind of spending that's good for an economy (despite mountains of evidence to the contrary).

Last edited:
talk about gormless. again, nobody said they don't matter and nobody is arguing for more. but when has that ever stopped you from arguing against something nobody is saying then insulting them for saying it, even though no one did.

if the Federalist numbers are correct and people making $50k/yr pay less than 10% of the tax burden in the US, federal corporate subsidies would cost them about $87/year and another $69 for state and local taxes. These numbers of course assume that these are a pure cost and there is no benefit to the incentives that corporations receive - a position you no doubt hold since you think that government should control everything and therefore government spending is the only kind of spending that's good for an economy (despite mountains of evidence to the contrary).

there is a benefit to the subsidies: see the bank accounts of the 1%

Your better off just putting everything on a credit card then keeping it paid off on time and reaping the 1% back deals far better rate than the ave savings account, that's what I'm doing now hell even the snake oil products from the gay frog I get 1% of it all back each time, win win, thank you PayPal for banning the gay frog you opened up a new opportunity for me to make more money.

hash tag Gay Frog!

I still don't understand why savings rates havn't gone up at all yet even though the fed rate is now at 2.50% this makes no sense too me.

Last edited:
Your better off just putting everything on a credit card then keeping it paid off on time and reaping the 1% back deals far better rate than the ave savings account, that's what I'm doing now hell even the snake oil products from the gay frog I get 1% of it all back each time, win win, thank you PayPal for banning the gay frog you opened up a new opportunity for me to make more money.

hash tag Gay Frog!

I still don't understand why savings rates havn't gone up at all yet even though the fed rate is now at 2.50% this makes no sense too me.

For real. I've got Best Buy bucks coming out of my ass from my credit card through them. It's crazy how much 'free' stuff we've got from them in the past 5 years.

I just switched to a citi card that is sponsored by Costco. Good cash back. 4% for gas, 3% on travel, 2% for all items purchased at Costco and 1% for everything else. On my first two statements this year I already have $315.

Who determines what is and isn?t hate speech?

Corp big tech that?s who

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/na...-some-question-facebook-hate-speech-standards

Orwell was off by about 35 years is all

LOL, getting banned from posting on facebook for racist shitposting is not the same as being tortured and executed by a government for "thoughtcrime"

Did you ever even read 1984?

also do you see the irony of Sinclair Broadcast Group complaining about bias?

This is the same company that requires its newscasters to read scripted pro-Trump messages...

LOL, getting banned from posting on facebook for racist shitposting is not the same as being tortured and executed by a government for "thoughtcrime"

Did you ever even read 1984?

also do you see the irony of Sinclair Broadcast Group complaining about bias?

This is the same company that requires its newscasters to read scripted pro-Trump messages...

So give it another 10 years that?s where we?re heading, 2018 was the begining

hash tag Gay Frog!

saving by spending? that makes no sense. Savings rates have lagged but they've moved up - you have to go outside your bank though. 1 yr brokered CDs are at 2.65, money market mutual funds are paying as much as 2.3%. There are better rates out there but they're still low and that's for a reason - the government doesn't want to incentivize savings, they want/need consumption so the incentives are designed to get that result.

I just switched to a citi card that is sponsored by Costco. Good cash back. 4% for gas, 3% on travel, 2% for all items purchased at Costco and 1% for everything else. On my first two statements this year I already have $315.

Are you putting your mortgage payment on your credit card big spender? we've had that card for 7 years now (used to be an American Express until about 3 years ago) and see no reason to change. If you're spending $10k+/month or travelling a lot for work, you may be better off with the Chase Saphire or one of the airline cards but for a typical family, it's tough to beat the Costco Visa. And where I live, Costco gas is more than $.25/gallon cheaper than any regular gas station.

Are you putting your mortgage payment on your credit card big spender? we've had that card for 7 years now (used to be an American Express until about 3 years ago) and see no reason to change. If you're spending $10k+/month or travelling a lot for work, you may be better off with the Chase Saphire or one of the airline cards but for a typical family, it's tough to beat the Costco Visa. And where I live, Costco gas is more than $.25/gallon cheaper than any regular gas station.

My cash back is a little inflated because I paid for our family cruise with it last month and my wife goes crazy at Christmas!

I put any monthly bill that will allow credit card payments on it. Cable, cell phone, electric, gas etc. We use it for almost every purchase we make. As long as you pay it off every month, it's a smart way to pay those bills.

Costco gas here runs about $0.10-$0.25 cheaper as well. But getting 4% back really lowers it another $0.08 per gallon.

My cash back is a little inflated because I paid for our family cruise with it last month and my wife goes crazy at Christmas!

I put any monthly bill that will allow credit card payments on it. Cable, cell phone, electric, gas etc. We use it for almost every purchase we make. As long as you pay it off every month, it's a smart way to pay those bills.

Costco gas here runs about $0.10-$0.25 cheaper as well. But getting 4% back really lowers it another $0.08 per gallon.

damn, you guys are shrewd!

Back