Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

For the 989,124th time: getting banned by an internet platform for shitposting is not a freedom of speech issue.

For the 989,124th time: getting banned by an internet platform for shitposting is not a freedom of speech issue.

Your right, it’s something much worse actually

The Western Third-Party System

The West recently had to contend with the intersection of free speech and private corporate technology monopolies with the banning of Alex Jones from YouTube, Twitter, PayPal, and many other platforms, ostensibly for breaking the respective services' terms of service. Voices on the Right and non-mainstream Left have been shown the door and hounded by social media giants. Some conservatives have defended the bans under the reasoning that private companies can do what they wish (at least it is not the government). What started as a small patter of censorship with the ouster of Brendan Eich from Mozilla, for example, for donating in support of upholding traditional-marriage via Proposition 8 in California, has now become open technological monopolization of acceptable speech. But, to be fair, the Western corporate censorship and technological control grid is still child's play compared to that being rolled out in China.

While Edward Snowden certainly demonstrated the global extent of the US surveillance state, the American elite have not yet openly implemented anything on the level of the Chinese social scoring system. Instead, Americans are leaving the steady encroachment on rights to come from the private sphere and the deluded tech bros of Silicon Valley – for now. Technological-extremists like Sean Parker of Facebook who brag about how they will become "immortal overlords" by way of transhumanism will serve nicely as the useful fools of the hubris and increasing control of technology over our lives.

However, in China those running the social credit system don't need to focus on self-aggrandizement since they are encoding the system of social control with ironclad algorithms that will last far beyond human lifetimes. The Chinese system is being built on an existing history of authoritarian oppression that has already sunk deeply into acceptance in popular consciousness. In China you have an out-of-control technocracy buoyed by billions from its unfair global trade strategy and currency manipulation implementing a system for full domestic control. The implications are staggering. Think of it as beta-testing for the world government. When the warm and fuzzy feelings fade and the velvet glove comes off, it's likely there's an iron fist underneath and there's a good chance it likes squashing anyone who steps out of line without much fanfare or media coverage at all.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/heres-why-chinas-new-social-scoring-system-matters-to-americans

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This here, this right here is some cool shit.

Poetic combination of erudite linguistics, juxtiposition and structure with batshit insane logic and reason.

NewsGuard, the news-filtering browser extension recently partnered with Microsoft and run by neoconservatives, Obama-Clinton alumni, and other assorted Trump haters, has advised advertisers to withdraw their business from websites on its blacklist of “unreliable” news websites — a list that includes Breitbart News, The Drudge Report, and the Daily Mail.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019...advises-advertisers-to-avoid-pro-trump-media/

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/01/apple-apps-china-censorship/

NEW WEBSITE exposes the extent to which Apple cooperates with Chinese government internet censorship, blocking access to Western news sources, information about human rights and religious freedoms, and privacy-enhancing apps that would circumvent the country’s pervasive online surveillance regime.

The new site, AppleCensorship.com, allows users to check which apps are not accessible to people in China through Apple’s app store, indicating those that have been banned. It was created by researchers at GreatFire.org, an organization that monitors Chinese government internet censorship.

In late 2017, Apple admitted to U.S. senators that it had removed from its app store in China more than 600 “virtual private network” apps that allow users to evade censorship and online spying. But the company never disclosed which specific apps it removed — nor did it reveal other services it had pulled from its app store at the behest of China’s authoritarian government.

In addition to the hundreds of VPN apps, Apple is currently preventing its users in China from downloading apps from news organizations, including the New York Times, Radio Free Asia, Tibetan News, and Voice of Tibet. It is also blocking censorship circumvention tools like Tor and Psiphon; Google’s search app and Google Earth; an app called Bitter Winter, which provides information about human rights and religious freedoms in China; and an app operated by the Central Tibetan Authority, which provides information about Tibetan human rights and social issues.

Some bans – such as those of certain VPN apps and the Times – have received media coverage in the past, but many never generate news headlines. Charlie Smith, a co-founder of GreatFire.org, told The Intercept that the group was motivated to launch the website because “Apple provides little transparency into what it censors in its app store. Most developers find out their app has been censored after they see a drop in China traffic and try to figure out if there is a problem. We wanted to bring transparency to what they are censoring.”

The Chinese government expects Western companies to make concessions before it permits them to gain access to the country’s lucrative market of more than 800 million internet users. The concessions include compliance with the ruling Communist Party’s sweeping censorship and surveillance regime. In recent years, the Chinese state has beefed up its repressive powers. It has introduced a new “data localization” law, for instance, which forces all internet and communication companies to store Chinese users’ data on the country’s mainland — making it more accessible to Chinese authorities.

In accordance with the data localization law, Apple agreed to a deal with state-owned China Telecom to control and store Chinese users’ iCloud data. Apple claims that it retains control of the encryption keys to the data, ensuring that people’s photographs and other private information cannot be accessed by the Chinese state. However, human rights groups remain concerned. Amnesty International has previously stated, “By handing over its China iCloud service to a local company without sufficient safeguards, the Chinese authorities now have potentially unfettered access to all Apple’s Chinese customers’ iCloud data. Apple knows it, yet has not warned its customers in China of the risks.”

Apple CEO Tim Cook has presented himself as a defender of users’ privacy. During a speech in October last year, Cook declared, “We at Apple believe that privacy is a fundamental human right.” It is unclear how Cook reconciles that sentiment with Apple’s removal of privacy-enhancing software from its app store in China, which helps ensure that the country’s government can continue to monitor its citizens and crack down on opponents. Cook appears to have viewed compliance with Chinese censorship and surveillance as worthwhile compromises. “We would obviously rather not remove the apps,” he said in 2017, “but like we do in other countries we follow the law wherever we do business. … We’re hopeful that over time the restrictions we’re seeing are lessened, because innovation really requires freedom to collaborate and communicate.”

Last edited:
Last edited:
https://applecensorship.com

Appears to be something that isn?t actually real.

Do you actually ever read the text of any of the horse shit you link to and post?

Cyber terrorist tibebetan monks, Manipulating the world wide web from the snow covered shacks in the foothills of the frozen Himalayas, and what have you?

Do their llamas know how to turn their tablets on?

.? You are strange

Says the pot to the kettle.
I didn't get the full meaning of the phrase until I read it somewhere as an adult. The pot is black, and the kettle is shiny and reflective. For some reason, in my mind they were both black and the pot was only a hypocrite. But the actual meaning is that only the pot is black and it sees its reflection in the kettle. Worse than a hypocrite, the pot is projecting.

In other words, he who smelt it, dealt it.

I didn't get the full meaning of the phrase until I read it somewhere as an adult. The pot is black, and the kettle is shiny and reflective. For some reason, in my mind they were both black and the pot was only a hypocrite. But the actual meaning is that only the pot is black and it sees its reflection in the kettle. Worse than a hypocrite, the pot is projecting.

I have always thought it means ?at the end of the day we are the same.?

Or in this situation, ?yes I?m strange myself, but look who?s talking??

I always thought the concept of "projecting" was a minor thing, but now I see it's actually pretty common place, and manipulative people learn really quickly to take their faults and simply attribute them to others, without any basis for that.

I always thought the concept of "projecting" was a minor thing, but now I see it's actually pretty common place, and manipulative people learn really quickly to take their faults and simply attribute them to others, without any basis for that.

A few of those Democrats are really good at projection it?s what they do best

NewsGuard, the news-filtering browser extension recently partnered with Microsoft and run by neoconservatives, Obama-Clinton alumni, and other assorted Trump haters, has advised advertisers to withdraw their business from websites on its blacklist of ?unreliable? news websites ? a list that includes Breitbart News, The Drudge Report, and the Daily Mail.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019...advises-advertisers-to-avoid-pro-trump-media/

So where do I sign up for NewsGuard?

Back