Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

i know who he is - he's actually very entertaining - search youtube for "PJW modern art" or "PJW modern architecture."

the existence of his YouTube channel doesn't prove or disprove anything, except that PJW is still on YouTube but I already knew that. FB is stifling free speech on their platform, whether youtube or twitter or whatever also bans him or not. And I think they'll probably get worse and more hypocritical in the future, and it's quite possible policies like this will spread to other companies - YouTube already does something similar if I recall. They haven't banned a lot of conservatives but I'm pretty sure they've demonetized accounts for people who don't conform to their world view.

There is nothing on the Internet that cannot be accessed without Facebook.

Stifling speech on their own platform is not stifling speech. The marketplace of ideas has existed long before Facebook and doesn?t need Facebook to exist at all.

Materiality does matter.

Again, in the marketplace of ideas, Facebook is nothing more than a stream of piss into the ocean.

Lots of things have been over valued and overrated. Look at Hillary Clinton going into the 2008 Democratic primaries.

Look at Saddam Hussein?s Army.

Look at Look at Sarah Hyland-who would?ve thought that Ariel Winter would?ve ended up being hotter than her?

There is nothing on the Internet that cannot be accessed without Facebook.

I agree but that's not the point.

Stifling speech on their own platform is not stifling speech. The marketplace of ideas has existed long before Facebook and doesn?t need Facebook to exist at all.

it is, but it's legal for them to do. Nobody thinks the marketplace of ideas is dependent on FB, but it is a big part of that marketplace, regardless of the fact that you don't use it.

Materiality does matter.

not really, stifling speech is stifling speech regardless of it's impact. Like many ideas, bad ideas like this often it start out on the fringes w/ little impact. This will likely only get worse - I think it's more likely this policy will be expanded more broadly than rolled back.

Again, in the marketplace of ideas, Facebook is nothing more than a stream of piss into the ocean.

agree to disagree, I think FB is highly influential in the marketplace of ideas - the market's not dependent on it, but as a platform, it's significant.

Lots of things have been over valued and overrated. Look at Hillary Clinton going into the 2008 Democratic primaries.

Look at Saddam Hussein?s Army.

Look at Look at Sarah Hyland-who would?ve thought that Ariel Winter would?ve ended up being hotter than her?

I agree on most of this. As soon as I googled Sarah Hyland I realized who Ariel Winter is - that one comes down to personal preference, whether you like 'em a li'l thick or rail thin. By your definition, they're kind of the FB of Hollywood hot girls - they don't matter. Doubt I'd see either in any top 10 or top 20 lists, unless it's the 20 hottest girls on Modern Family, then they would both make it for sure.

i know who he is - he's actually very entertaining - search youtube for "PJW modern art" or "PJW modern architecture."

the existence of his YouTube channel doesn't prove or disprove anything, except that PJW is still on YouTube but I already knew that. FB is stifling free speech on their platform, whether youtube or twitter or whatever also bans him or not. And I think they'll probably get worse and more hypocritical in the future, and it's quite possible policies like this will spread to other companies - YouTube already does something similar if I recall. They haven't banned a lot of conservatives but I'm pretty sure they've demonetized accounts for people who don't conform to their world view.

it's not just social media it's already extended into payment processors and credit cards, you can be denied the right to do business on the internet if those in charge don't agree with you politically. Unfortunately some will only become alarmed when they come from them to. By then it will be too late.

Last edited:
I agree but that's not the point.

it is, but it's legal for them to do. Nobody thinks the marketplace of ideas is dependent on FB, but it is a big part of that marketplace, regardless of the fact that you don't use it.

not really, stifling speech is stifling speech regardless of it's impact. Like many ideas, bad ideas like this often it start out on the fringes w/ little impact. This will likely only get worse - I think it's more likely this policy will be expanded more broadly than rolled back.

agree to disagree, I think FB is highly influential in the marketplace of ideas - the market's not dependent on it, but as a platform, it's significant.

I agree on most of this. As soon as I googled Sarah Hyland I realized who Ariel Winter is - that one comes down to personal preference, whether you like 'em a li'l thick or rail thin. By your definition, they're kind of the FB of Hollywood hot girls - they don't matter. Doubt I'd see either in any top 10 or top 20 lists, unless it's the 20 hottest girls on Modern Family, then they would both make it for sure.

Arguably the Dunphy sisters? mom and step grandmother are hotter than both of them.

It?s not at the level of Marianne? Or Ginger? but it?s a pop culture discussion as to which of the Dunphy sisters is ?hotter.?.

Here Is an example of that from Teen Vogue-but there are lots of examples of the discussion/debate.

Interestingly Ariel Winter?s character was never supposed to be viewed as attractive or socially popular-she was always supposed to be the brainy dorky little sister to her attractive and popular but birdbrain older sister-and the character still is brainy and dorky-but Ariel grew up to be fairly cute in her own right-hence the discussion.

Women’s March Demands Twitter, Facebook Ban President Trump For ‘Hate’
Leftist censorship coming for everyone — even the President of the United States

The Women’s March has launched a campaign to ban President Trump from all social media.

The far-left group prepared a petition to ban Trump from Twitter and Facebook, which has amassed nearly 300,000 signatures, to be delivered Monday to the Twitter headquarters in San Fransisco and New York City.

Arguably the Dunphy sisters? mom and step grandmother are hotter than both of them.

It?s not at the level of Marianne? Or Ginger? but it?s a pop culture discussion as to which of the Dunphy sisters is ?hotter.?.

Here Is an example of that from Teen Vogue-but there are lots of examples of the discussion/debate.

Interestingly Ariel Winter?s character was never supposed to be viewed as attractive or socially popular-she was always supposed to be the brainy dorky little sister to her attractive and popular but birdbrain older sister-and the character still is brainy and dorky-but Ariel grew up to be fairly cute in her own right-hence the discussion.

yeah, she's kinda like Kim Fields in that regard. Modern Family lucked out a bit when Ariel didn't turn out to be another Tina Yothers.

Last edited:
THE CASHLESS SOCIETY SLAVE SYSTEM IS HERE
A look into big tech’s future plans

Modern society resembles the Biblical warning in which the government controls what you buy and what you say.

Alex explains how this slave system became so attractive and what the future may hold should humanity continue to surrender their God-given rights to privacy.

https://www.infowars.com/special-report-the-cashless-society-slave-system-is-here/

The Big Tech giants have a bounty out for Alex Jones and company.
Merely uttering his name or sharing content from Infowars can land someone in the internet hoosegow.

Yet the ?dangerous? individual persists on various platforms, outsmarting the algorithms and proving ideas can?t be killed.

New artwork from Mike Sanders depicts how outlaw Alex is tuckered out from numerous dust-ups, but has still managed to evade the tech posse, despite being a major target of the left.

I think you have feelings for Alex Jones.

It's okay... he's single now, right?

I think you have feelings for Alex Jones.

It's okay... he's single now, right?

Couldn?t find an image small enough so I removed it, you should work with tinsel on your humor cuz you?re not very funny and your comebacks are very grade school playground like

Last edited:
Fitness company CrossFit has left Facebook after it deleted a popular group ?without warning or explanation? in a move that could indicate mounting backlash against the social media giant over privacy concerns, not to mention censorship concerns as well.

Facebook?s deletion and reinstatement of a meal plan group with 1.65 million users demonstrated to CrossFit Inc. that Facebook was abusing its ?significant share of the marketplace of public thought,? according to a Thursday statement.

?CrossFit, Inc., as a voluntary user of and contributor to this marketplace, can and must remove itself from this particular manifestation of the public square when it becomes clear that such responsibilities are betrayed or reneged upon to the detriment of our community,? said CrossFit.

To this end, all activity on CrossFit, Inc.?s Facebook and Instagram accounts was suspended as of May 22, 2019, as CrossFit investigates the circumstances pertaining to Facebook?s deletion of the Banting7DayMealPlan and other well-known public complaints about the social-media company that may adversely impact the security and privacy of our global CrossFit community.

CrossFit?s landmark statement slammed Facebook?s ?de facto authority over the public square? while adding Facebook?s actions should concern anyone ?engaged in activities contrary to prevailing opinion.?

?[The CrossFit community] stands steadfastly and often alone against an unholy alliance of academia, government, and multinational food, beverage, and pharmaceutical companies.?

Moreover, Crossfit outlined Facebook?s known exploitations of people?s private information made possible by its collaborations with ?federal authorities and security organizations.?
?Facebook censors and removes user accounts based on unknown criteria and at the request of third parties including government and foreign government agencies,? said CrossFit. ?Facebook collects, aggregates, and sells user information as a matter of business.?

?Its business model allows governments and businesses alike to use its algorithmically conjured advertising categories as sophisticated data-mining and surveillance tools.?

Last edited:
Hillary and Nancy both had comments today about what FB should and shouldn?t remove, private company private company, Liberal bullies

Last edited:
Once shielded by the logic of Silicon Valley?s relentless churn of innovation ? which dictated that no reigning tech empire could rule for long before going the way of Yahoo and AOL ? tech giants like Facebook, Amazon and Google have been subjected to intensifying anti-trust pressure ? Elizabeth Warren?s ?Break up Big Tech?s billboard is only the latest example. Indeed, big tech trust-busting has become one of the few issues in contemporary Washington that garners genuine bipartisan support.

Since the Trump administration swept into power two years ago in spite of thinly veiled opposition from Silicon Valley ? as it was later revealed, big tech effectively conspired with the Clinton campaign to hurt Trump?s chances ? the drumbeat of unprecedented anti-trust scrutiny has grown steadily louder, facilitated by the president?s own publicly-voiced suspicions.

And on Friday, the levee finally broke.

Just before midnight on Friday, at the close of what was a hectic month for markets, WSJ dropped a bombshell of a story: The paper reported that the DoJ has opened an anti-trust investigation of Alphabet Inc., which could ?present a major new layer of regulatory scrutiny for the search giant, according to people familiar with the matter.? The report was sourced to ?people familiar with the matter,? but was swiftly corroborated by the New York Times, Bloomberg and others.

For months now, the FTC has appeared to be gearing up for a showdown with big tech. The agency ? which shares anti-trust authority with the DoJ ? has created a new commission that could help undo big-tech tie-ups like Facebook?s acquisition of Instagram, and hired lawyers who have advanced new anti-monopoly theories that would help justify the breakup of companies like Amazon.

But as it turns out, the Trump administration?s first salvo against big tech didn?t come from the FTC; instead, this responsibility has been delegated to the DoJ, which has reportedly been tasked with supervising the investigation into Google.

That?s not super surprising, since the FTC already had its chance to nail Google with an anti-monopoly probe back in 2013. But the agency came up short. From what we can tell, it appears the administration will divvy up responsibility for any future anti-trust investigations between the two agencies, which means the FTC ? which is already reportedly preparing to levy a massive fine against Facebook ? could end up taking the lead in those cases.

Last edited:
Facebook has helped far-left publication The Daily Beast dox the user behind the Pelosi meme that went viral last week.

In pursuing the identity of the person who uploaded a slowed-down video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi slurring and stammering during a press conference, Facebook confirmed to the The Daily Beast the account belonged to one Shawn Brooks, a black 34-year-old day laborer and Trump supporter.

“But a Facebook official, confirming a Daily Beast investigation, said the video was first posted on Politics Watchdog directly from Brooks’ personal Facebook account,” the Daily Beast reported Saturday.

Why Facebook decided to expose the identity of one of its users to the leftist media despite him not violating the company’s community guidelines remains unclear.

“So…it appears that Facebook helped the reporter who wrote this story identify the person behind the doctored video of Nancy Pelosi — i.e., Facebook used its own internal data to help publicly identify a private citizen,” tweeted National Observer reporter Caroline Orr. “That’s extremely troubling.

Journalist Glenn Greenwald also lambasted Facebook and the Daily Beast for attacking someone “who broke no laws”, simply because they hate his political beliefs.

“This is a disgusting abuse of power by Facebook and a major media corporation against a powerless anonymous citizen who broke now laws,” he tweeted. “It highlights the worst attributes of each and it’s sickening to watch it being defended.”

The mainstream media regularly doxxes ordinary people who just happen to support President Trump, such as the Covington Catholic students they accused of being racists for wearing Make America Great Again Hats.
Just last year, CNN doxxed an elderly woman after accusing her of unwittingly organizing a pro-Trump backed by the Russians.

And in 2017, CNN doxxed the user behind the viral wrestling meme depicting President Trump tackling the CNN logo.

https://www.infowars.com/facebook-helps-leftists-dox-trump-supporter-who-made-drunk-pelosi-video/

Back