Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions look for RB in the draft

What round is Doug Martin suppose to go in? Pick him up and let Leshoure pack his bags.

What round is Doug Martin suppose to go in? Pick him up and let Leshoure pack his bags.

1-2 I've seen him go as high as Cincy's second Rd1 pick.

He might be a BPA pick at 2 but is Mayhew going to spend another high draft pick on an RB?

Last edited:
Thanks. Think hed be worth it if he slid to the late 2nd? I for one, do. Leshoure is a question mark in character, health, and because of his injury, who knows what he can do. And Best is one hit away from retirement. Why not draft a guy like Martin somewhat early in the draft?

Thanks. Think hed be worth it if he slid to the late 2nd? I for one, do. Leshoure is a question mark in character, health, and because of his injury, who knows what he can do. And Best is one hit away from retirement. Why not draft a guy like Martin somewhat early in the draft?

I just updated my previous post as you were posting your response. He's worth a 2. Great balance and can make positive yards out of nothing. In a true BPA scenario he might just be it.

Last edited:
Turbin or Pead, I like either (3rd round or later), An OL and CB / S for 1st two rounds please.

I think he's aware of that. He doesn't want the Lions to take a RB in the first two rounds. That means Martin is not an option. That's why he lists Pead

Most people think Pead is some kind of steal. He is a good but not great back that is terrible in pass pro.

Most people think Pead is some kind of steal. He is a good but not great back that is terrible in pass pro.

you have James in your 4 round mock....who doesn't exactly excel in pass protection.

it's a reason why they're 3rd round picks at RB...they do somethings extremely well and others they need alot of work.

you have James in your 4 round mock....who doesn't exactly excel in pass protection.

it's a reason why they're 3rd round picks at RB...they do somethings extremely well and others they need alot of work.

Yeah I can't argue there. James and Pead are similar backs so the comparison is warranted but matching them skill for skill in things that they do exceed in I think James comes out far ahead. Pead seems to me to be a reach in the 3rd, but I am generally bad at predicting these things, someone will probably take him at the end of round 2 and i'll eat some crow. Watch the first 3 plays on that film I posted (among others) and you'll see some of the negatives on Pead that pop out to me.

He might be a BPA pick at 2 but is Mayhew going to spend another high draft pick on an RB?

he will be the 2nd back off the board...he isnt there with our 2nd round pick

he will be the 2nd back off the board...he isnt there with our 2nd round pick

I've seen Lamar Miller and David Wilson go ahead of him in some Mocks, but you right it's unlikely he'll be there that's why he would be BPA if he was.

Doug Martin - RB - Player

According to the Denver Post, the Browns and Cowboys "have a lot of interest" in Boise State RB Doug Martin.

It's unclear if reporter Jeff Legwold is reporting new information, or simply connecting the dots. Martin has visited both Cleveland and Dallas, as well as conducted a private workout for the Browns. Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris' second-ranked running back, Martin has a strong chance of forcing his way into the first round. He could be a possibility for the Browns at No. 22 if they pass on Alabama's Trent Richardson at No. 4.

Richardson
Martin
Wilson
Miller is how id rank the top 4.

Cyrus Gray is still my steal in the later rounds...quickest feet in the draft and can catch the ball out of the backfield.

I think Chris Polk is going to be a 1000 yard rusher for a team next season.

I like Polk too. He ran behind a pretty crappy run blocking oline, which, of course should be taken into consideration when evaluating any potential Lions RB prospect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy67p2raIqY

Have you ever seen any film on Pead or do you just like him because he got Senior Bowl pub? Martin is head and shoulders above either of those two.

I Don't believe Martin will be available (as other have said), EVERY 3rd round RB needs improvement somewhere ( The small amount of games I've watched with Pead / Turbin suggest they BOTH could use practice in a few areas such as pass blocking or decision making )

I Don't believe Martin will be available (as other have said), EVERY 3rd round RB needs improvement somewhere ( The small amount of games I've watched with Pead / Turbin suggest they BOTH could use practice in a few areas such as pass blocking or decision making )

Martin might not be there but if you had to chose between LaMichael James and Isiah Pead in the same slot, who do you take?

Back