Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LSU vs Michigan ??

umwolverines31

Almost every bowl projection has us in the Outback bowl against LSU..B1G#3 vs SEC#3. This is a really bad matchup for Michigan but would be HUGE for the program and recruiting if we could win that game! Whats everyones thoughts about playing LSU? Especially after having seen this team play Bama who is a splitting image of LSU!!

Uh oh. That's my thought.

Granted, I have a feeling we'll be playing against an SEC team regardless of who it is, and there aren't too many of those I feel confident about beating (those who'd be facing us, anyway). Our OC can't even consistently call decent games against an Ohio* team that isn't all that great and an ND squad that's hardly invincible. Granted, I haven't watched the Tigers play that much, but I'm still hoping there's a 2007 Cap One Bowl-type game hidden up the UM coaching staff's sleeves.

Last edited:
I just would hate to be whomever would have to promote this game in the media; the story line is shit.

We have an outside shot with a better offensive game plan. Despite an assload of talent LSU's offense can be fairly inept (and that's not only due to SEC defenses). Same with Georgia or really anyone else in the SEC other than 'Bama.

If that's who we play, I can't imagine us ever playing a more brutal schedule than what we've had this year.

I just would hate to be whomever would have to promote this game in the media; the story line is shit.

This struck me as amusing for some reason. Maybe the frustrations of this season have finally caused me to lose my mind.

This struck me as amusing for some reason. Maybe the frustrations of this season have finally caused me to lose my mind.

Well...I hope it struck you as amusing because...it's just amusing. I posted it to be amusing...

I surely hope you didn't find it amusing because you've lost your mind.

The frustrations of this season are hardly worth that.

Last edited:
Well...I hope it struck you as amusing because...it's just amusing. I posted it to be amusing...

I surely hope you didn't find it amusing because you've lost your mind.

The frustrations of this season are hardly worth that.

Hyperbole, of course re: losing my mind.

But had you posted that line in the immediate aftermath of yesterday's game, or even later that day, I most likely would not have found it amusing at all.

Why wouldn't MIchigan be the B1G #2 team? Is Wisconsin better? Are they a better draw? Now I'm not saying that MIchigan is the 2nd best team in the big ten, but they are most likely the 2nd best eligible team in the b1g and the 2nd best draw.

If I were running a bowl I would want Michigan over Wiscy. Wiscy is probably the 7th best team in the B1G. Just a lucky year that they are in the championship game. Damn I wish we had beat Nebraska!

I'm not sure how we'd end up in the outback unless they are predicting Wisconsin winning the CCG. I think our most probable matchup at this point is the Cap One bowl against Georgia.

Nebraska wins CCG against Wisconsin
Alabama wins CCG against Georgia

Alabama and Florida get BCS births leaving Georgia as the first pick of the cap one - maybe LSU might get a pick since Georgia gets a loss.

Maybe?

Nebraska - Rose bowl
Wisconsin - Capital 1
Michigan - Outback
Northwestern - Gator

my thought is....atleast were not playing texas A&M

I saw a projection today that had us playing them. I would rather play So Car but I dont think we are really ready to stick with an SEC team yet. We should be fine in a couple years but not now.

Maybe?

Nebraska - Rose bowl
Wisconsin - Capital 1
Michigan - Outback
Northwestern - Gator

If Wisconsin loses they will be 7-6...there's no way the Cap one touches that - especially given NW and Michigan will be above them. The real question IMO is who the Outback takes. Will they take 9-3 NQ or 7-6 Wisconsin. If I had to guess Michigan and NW will fill up the first two spots (Cap and Outback) and then Wisconsin will fall to the gator.

However, if they win - that changes everything. Then NW and Michigan are fighting for spots in the outback and gator. But this scenario actually gives us better matchups IMO. So while we would be in a worse bowl, we would probably have a better shot at winning it.

The worst possible thing for the B1G is for Wisconsin to win the championship game. That would suck... I think regardless, UM will be in the better bowl than NW.

Last edited:
And if michigan were to beat (Insert SEC team here) it is because the SEC schedule is so hard...

It all depends on the BigTen title game --

Last edited:
Very underwhelmed by the notion of M playing in a bowl game.

Back