Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Man, Bernie Sanders is so great

so, you read it ;)

No, I remember that stuff from reading about AOC’s green new deal and how it was more about government using climate alarmism to take control of things and push their social justice and income inequality agendas than saving the environment.

Last edited:
I particularly like this one.

Pressure financial institutions, universities, insurance corporations, and large institutional investors still invested in or insuring fossil fuels to transition those investments to clean energy bonds through executive action. When we are in the White House, we will establish new financial rules through the SEC and other regulatory agencies to pressure hedge funds, the insurance industry, and other large investors currently invested in fossil fuels to divest or pay for clean energy investments through clean energy bonds. We have seen a movement of activists force divestment from fossil fuel corporations, and we will support these movements in the White House.

I love this because the government has shown they are much better at picking and choosing industries and companies for investment than the private sector (i.e. Solyndra, Donald Trump, etc). What could go wrong?

Last edited:
I particularly like this one.

Pressure financial institutions, universities, insurance corporations, and large institutional investors still invested in or insuring fossil fuels to transition those investments to clean energy bonds through executive action. When we are in the White House, we will establish new financial rules through the SEC and other regulatory agencies to pressure hedge funds, the insurance industry, and other large investors currently invested in fossil fuels to divest or pay for clean energy investments through clean energy bonds. We have seen a movement of activists force divestment from fossil fuel corporations, and we will support these movements in the White House.

All of this sounds good to me. What exactly is the problem here?

All of this sounds good to me. What exactly is the problem here?

The problem is there are people in this country dumb enough to think these are good ideas. Pressuring companies and investors to put their money in industries, technologies and ideas chosen by a bunch of unaccountable, corrupt and incompetent bureaucrats without concern for the viability of those industries, technologies and companies. Bribing fools with their own money they have an indisputable track record of wasting, motivated by junk science and their lust for power. But it sounds like utopia, what could go wrong? And if it does, at least the fools are convinced they had the best of intentions (power and control) unlike those greedy profit seeking whores.

unaccountable... except for that whole "in a democracy you elect your leaders" thing.

Another mic drop - you are too good at this. Gee, I forgot they may not get re-elected for ruining the country. Now that?s some accountability for you. No wonder we have so few career politicians or criminals everywhere there are no term limits. oh wait...

The federal government employs 2.1mm people. Are they all elected? Of course not - some are appointed, most are hired. Then we let them unionize and negotiate compensation and benefits with the very people they vote for. How about that for accountability. You make a lot of really good points.

Last edited:
I liked this line.

If the Democrats force me into this corner, I will cast my vote for Sanders, because I will take a fool and his dreamy notions about the Soviet Union over Donald Trump and the mafia state he and people like Attorney General William Barr are busy creating in America. If by some miracle Sanders wins, he will be an ineffective and embarrassing president, but if that’s what it takes to rid us of the caudillo in the White House, so be it.

Wow, you found an opinion columnist for a big corporate newspaper who doesn't like Bernie and got to write about it! thanks for sharing his opinion here. It's hard to find things like that.

The liberal writer said that he would still vote for Sanders even though he was terrible.

Wow, you found an opinion columnist for a big corporate newspaper who doesn't like Bernie and got to write about it! thanks for sharing his opinion here. It's hard to find things like that.

Wow, you didn?t read the piece (like always) then jumped to conclusions and attacked the source (like always) making an ass of yourself (like always).

You are right about one thing though, it?s not hard find people on the left or right who realize Bernie Sanders is an idiot. Too bad all you Don Quixote dumbasses can?t figure it out.

I liked this line.

If the Democrats force me into this corner, I will cast my vote for Sanders, because I will take a fool and his dreamy notions about the Soviet Union over Donald Trump and the mafia state he and people like Attorney General William Barr are busy creating in America. If by some miracle Sanders wins, he will be an ineffective and embarrassing president, but if that?s what it takes to rid us of the caudillo in the White House, so be it.

Obviously he?s wrong about this mafia state nonsense, but the rest is definitely entertaining.

Obviously he?s wrong about this mafia state nonsense, but the rest is definitely entertaining.

How convenient, the author of the op-ed, is wrong about the things you disagree with, but right when it comes to bashing Bernie.

How convenient, the author of the op-ed, is wrong about the things you disagree with, but right when it comes to bashing Bernie.

Isn't it though - I suppose if I were one of the dumber people who post here I would either agree with everything someone says or none of it. You know, like you and turd.

Isn't it though - I suppose if I were one of the dumber people who post here I would either agree with everything someone says or none of it. You know, like you and turd.

I really like how when you haven't come up with anything better to say, you just resort to insults and name-calling, you know, because you're so smart.

I really like how when you haven't come up with anything better to say, you just resort to insults and name-calling, you know, because you're so smart.

I really like how you criticize me for responding to insults with insults, you know, because they merit a serious response and you think I?m the one bringing it to that level by responding in kind.

I really like how you criticize me for responding to insults with insults, you know, because they merit a serious response and you think I?m the one bringing it to that level by responding in kind.

Where did I insult you?

Back