Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Man, Bernie Sanders is so great

Don't forget to remind everyone about how consistently he's bashed billionaires and how he used to consistently bash millionaires until he became one while creating exactly 0 jobs. Of course, his wife's golden parachute contributed nicely to his net worth and that actually destroyed every job at the Vermont university she bankrupted with Bernie's help - remember, he used his position as a Senator to strongarm a bank into making the loan based on the falsified application she submitted (in the MBS industry, these were known as liar loans, except in that case the lenders knew the applicants were lying).

You know what, since Bernie supporters aren't too bright, just show them this visual aide:

group-photo-of-everyone-bernie-sanders-has-lifted-out-of-poverty-himself.jpg

Not sure which one I like better - you can pick.

37ahut.jpg

Last edited:
Uh oh, the clown show may get interesting. Grab your popcorn or hop a flight to South Carolina and start knocking on doors...

I've always been amused that a state that has been red since the 60s (with the exception of Carter) has such a massive influence on who becomes the Democratic nominee. Is there a state like that for the GOP? I don't think there is one until Super Tuesday. Minnesota maybe. But by that point, one state doesn't mean nearly as much.

I've always been amused that a state that has been red since the 60s (with the exception of Carter) has such a massive influence on who becomes the Democratic nominee. Is there a state like that for the GOP? I don't think there is one until Super Tuesday. Minnesota maybe. But by that point, one state doesn't mean nearly as much.

It does seem kinda silly today but South Carolina hasn’t been solidly red for very long. Strom thurmond was elected in ‘56 as a Democrat. He changed parties in ‘64 and retired in ‘02. The other senate seat remained Blue until ‘04. There was a Republican Governor for 6 years in the 1870s but all Dems from then until 1975. Dems took it back in 1979 and held it until 1987. SC had a Dem governor as recently as 2002.

Last edited:
It does seem kinda silly today but South Carolina hasn?t been solidly red for very long. Strom thurmond was elected in ?56 as a Democrat. He changed parties in ?64 and retired in ?02. The other senate seat remained Blue until ?04. There was a Republican Governor for 6 years in the 1870s but all Dems from then until 1975. Dems took it back in 1979 and held it until 1987. SC had a Dem governor as recently as 2002.

I wasn't aware of the state level elections. Just the presidential results. Interesting how it seems to swing for everything but presidential.

Bet he doesn't do anywhere near that well, Polls are such a joke

Bernie poll numbers are similiar to Trump's it seems. They'll say he's doing poorly while ignoring that the polls only take existing voters into consideration, ignoring all of the new young voters they both seem to bring. Certainly makes the polls more unreliable than in the past.

i never watched Mary Poppins, only the Dick van Dyke Show

I wasn't aware of the state level elections. Just the presidential results. Interesting how it seems to swing for everything but presidential.

yeah, looks like it's gone blue 3 times since 1960 and been solid red since Reagan's first election. Republicans didn't really flip southern states in the Senate, House and Governorships until the 90s - as the South became less racist, it became more Republican.

Back