Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Man, Bernie Sanders is so great

One interesting thing about the primary cycle and the market volatility is no one is talking about the people "voting" with their dollars.

For the most part, everyone is attributing market action to the coronavirus but the market ripped posting it's best single day in decade on Monday after Biden won South Carolina over the weekend - don't recall hearing anything positive on the health scare that would be a catalyst. Then Super Tuesday came with more fears that SC was a blip and Bernie would clean house. We even had a surprise rate cut from the fed and still we sold off. But now that the results are in and it's clear Bernie got thumped yet again, everyone wants to buy again - or was there a coronavirus cure announced and I missed it?

No, IMO market just really liked worst case now not being commie Bernie is the next president Wall Street doesn't' like Bernie, they will be able to control Joe's admin.

Man... Bernie Sanders is so great!

I'm volunteering to knock doors for him this week. Bloomberg could not pay me enough to do the same for him. Neither could Trump, who is extremely similar to Bloomberg (except for the fact that Bloomberg could operate businesses without repeatedly running them into the ground like an idiot).

How’d that door knocking work out for you? Were you just campaigning for Bernie or for all the progressives that also lost? Just read AOC went 0 for Texas with all of her endorsements.

Last edited:
fucking Hillary Clinton puts out a book blaming him for her election loss and filling it with a bunch of bullshit, demonstrably false claims...

"Sorry I don't have time for this, I'm too busy trying to pass single payer healthcare for everyone."

LOL, perfect.

So he’s had 2.5 years (30 in total, really) to work on this, did he finally get his first legislative accomplishment or even made progress on a bill for it?

How bummed will you be if your home state puts a nail in the coffin of bernie’s campaign for the nomination?

LOL, perfect.

Last edited:
How?d that door knocking work out for you? Were you just campaigning for Bernie or for all the progressives that also lost? Just read AOC went 0 for Texas with all of her endorsements.

It was great. Obviously not the result I wanted, but Sanders was more competitive statewide than he was in 2016, despite widespread voter suppression in areas he was likely to do better in.

I met interesting like-minded people, learned more about the process, showed courage in my convictions, and did something other than sitting behind a computer, angry & scared, mindlessly babbling, and obsessively editing my comments over and over again, like you.

We were just campaigning for Sanders.

Thanks for asking!

It was great. Obviously not the result I wanted, but Sanders was more competitive statewide than he was in 2016, despite widespread voter suppression in areas he was likely to do better in.

I met interesting like-minded people, learned more about the process, showed courage in my convictions, and did something other than sitting behind a computer, angry & scared, mindlessly babbling, and obsessively editing my comments over and over again, like you.

We were just campaigning for Sanders.

Thanks for asking!

So you met and talked to other fools who already supported Sanders. That’s a good use of time campaigning. Not sure what exactly I have to scared of. I’m neither scared or angry - that’s why I’m always joking around here and making fun of how stupid Bernie Sanders supporters are - you especially.

Also, it’s pretty funny that you accuse anyone of hiding behind a computer angry and scared - you have 2-3x the number of posts most other people on here have and most of them are about boogey men like institutional racism, acccc, evils of capitalism and other “boogey men” topics that aren’t real. You must have been looking in a mirror when you typed that but.

I do like to edit my posts though - you’re right about that but I don’t really see a problem with it - not sure why you and Thumbass are so obsessed with it. Knowing it how much it gets to you both, I have no plans to stop.

Last edited:
I do like to edit my posts though - you?re right about that but I don?t really see a problem with it - not sure why you and Thumbass are so obsessed with it. Knowing it how much it gets to you both, I have no plans to stop.

Whatever you say, SpartanOCD

Would love to hear the argument for why this is ok. Nobody should have to stand in line that long to vote.

You’ve heard of black on black crime right?

This is Democrat on Democrat voter suppression.

Last edited:
You?ve heard of black on black crime right?

This is Democrat on Democrat voter suppression.

Are there democrat only precincts to vote in Texas? I know they don't do that in Michigan, but I know certain things vary state to state. I would assume that sort of thing is decided in state legislature but again, no idea.

Well the federal courts are being stacked with far right judges under Trump. So this will be a non issue in a few years after Trump becomes emperor Trump. The system is already stacked stacked against Democrat voters. What makes anyone think there would be a change 4 years after Orange Jesus was elected by a minority of the vote ? Hopefully there will be no suppression of Voters. This is America for crying out load. We should not be doing this shameful practice.
But I am not holding my breath after what happened in Georgia and Texas and other states the last election.

Last edited:
Would love to hear the argument for why this is ok. Nobody should have to stand in line that long to vote.

The people in that picture are sitting in chairs waiting and not moving - doesn't seem like a massive queue of people slowly plodding through mile long lines. Seems to me there is something more to it than overcrowding. You probably need a little more evidence than this to say there was "widespread voter suppression."

Also, if this is discriminatory against minorities - mostly blacks and Hispanics, aren't those people more likely to vote for Biden than Sanders?

Last edited:
Are there democrat only precincts to vote in Texas? I know they don't do that in Michigan, but I know certain things vary state to state. I would assume that sort of thing is decided in state legislature but again, no idea.

I think the point is that it's the Democratic primary so there's not likely to be Republican interference and widespread voter suppression.

Although if it's true that Biden has a better shot at beating Trump than Bernie does, and you're a paranoid conspiracy theorist who denigrates people you disagree with for being paranoid conspiracy theorists, you would expect the Republican's to suppress the votes most likely to go to Biden so maybe there is widespread voter suppression and if there is, it still it didn't work.

And if in addition to being a paranoid conspiracy theorist who denigrates people you disagree with for being conspiracy theorists, you were also a moron there's a greater than 0 probability you would post a link to an article about votes more likely to go to Biden being suppressed and make the claim that it hurt Sanders who probably lost because he sucks.

Anything is possible I guess.

Last edited:

There are Democrat only precincts in California.

We just call them precincts in California.

There are Democrat only precincts in California.

We just call them precincts in California.

Stop making all the CA hillbillies up in the hills and mountains and wealthy Orange County and La Jolla psychos disappear. They are your fellow statesmen, and all vote Republitard.

Back