Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthews has a stroke

So much for the boofs on this board who were predicting that Romney would drool on the microphone. Can't prove this, but I stood mute knowing that Romney at least would hold his own if not win, but I was not expecting this brand of utter domination that he displayed from the opening handshake. And there's every reason to expect that the second and third debates will be as one-sided.

Last edited:
LOL!! Romney killed it last night. No question about it. Still waiting for the spin from the "lefties" on this board to blame Jim Lehrer for Obama's poor performance. Or just down play the debate altogether.
I'm sure Mhughes and MI thumb will find a way to blame Bush for Obama's debate performance and MichChump will site some BS liberal news site how Obama actually won the debate last night.

It reinforced Clint's spoof on Obama...he is an empty chair

Its been 2 hours since this thread has started. If it went the other way it would be pages long with the lefties here but not today boy. Lol.

i didn't watch. I find this sort of pandering to voters at a third grade debate level below me.

if Romney won the debate, good for him. his persona, and career are awful, and the policies he's articulated (though they're not exactly clear, since he flips back and forth depending on the electorate he appears in front of) are also awful. wasn't going to vote for him, period

i didn't watch. I find this sort of pandering to voters at a third grade debate level below me.

if Romney won the debate, good for him. his persona, and career are awful, and the policies he's articulated (though they're not exactly clear, since he flips back and forth depending on the electorate he appears in front of) are also awful. wasn't going to vote for him, period

you should have watched( and I bet u did)......having them one on one was epic...epic failure for Obama.

Waiting to see if it impacts the five thirty eight predictions. I doubt it.

I did flip to MSNBC after the debate and then over to Fox and back just to get a feel for the reactions.

I did not watch. I got home late because I went to the gym after work, ate dinner, then met my gf for drinks at a bar that was showing sportscenter and Miguel Cabrera's celebration on the tvs

I didn't watch, because I was watching Tigers and also Yankees hoping Granderson did not be a dick.

I'll check it on youtube later.

I do know that both guys were pretty far off on some of the facts they used, I saw that on CNN and NBC websites.

I didn't watch either because of the Tigers. If they weren't playing I would have went to sleep, that's how I feel about this stuff.

I didn't watch, because I was watching Tigers and also Yankees hoping Granderson did not be a dick.

I'll check it on youtube later.

I do know that both guys were pretty far off on some of the facts they used, I saw that on CNN and NBC websites.

Liberal, Liberal. When I see a liberal newspaper, like the Detroit News, or a liberal TV News that say they were even or close, I interpret that as a big win for Romney.

LOL!! Romney killed it last night. No question about it. Still waiting for the spin from the "lefties" on this board to blame Jim Lehrer for Obama's poor performance. Or just down play the debate altogether.
I'm sure Mhughes and MI thumb will find a way to blame Bush for Obama's debate performance and MichChump will site some BS liberal news site how Obama actually won the debate last night.

Family was in town so i didnt watch. I heard if you play Romneys talking points in reverse it says "i kill poor peoples babies" over and over again.

Liberal, Liberal. When I see a liberal newspaper, like the Detroit News, or a liberal TV News that say they were even or close, I interpret that as a big win for Romney.

I wish you would learn to read.

I didn't say they called anyone a winner, or said they were close, I said they both reported that a few things said by both candidates were untrue, and I'll link the things later....which were taken from bi-partisan sources.

Last edited:
these things aren't really "debates" as much as they are "carefully scripted bullshit designed to make you the voter still think we live in a functioning democracy and you have a say in it so you don't start to actually participate in the system, and instead limit yourself to pulling a crank in a voting booth that selects one of two candidates, both of whom were carefully vetted by a complex political regime to ensure they would maintain the status quo in America."

So, I didn't really feel bad about not tuning in. I know I didn't miss out on anything important, and regardless of whether Romney "won" this one or not, I don't care; he's a shameless, scum-sucking prick, and I'm not voting for him either way. and don't get me started on Obama...

I wish you would learn to read.

I didn't say they called anyone a winner, or said they were close, I said they both reported that a few things said by both candidates were untrue, and I'll link the things later....which were taken from bi-partisan sources.

don't you get all uppity with your book learnin'

Back