Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan @ ND Sucks Pre-Game Thread

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Figured it's about time we get a pre game thread for the week. Everyone wants to discuss the games in the prediction thread, so we'll just move the discussion here.

So, here we can talk about the game, post news or videos relating to the game. Big news can have it's own thread if it needs, but try to put most of the talk here. That way we're not starting 5 different threads and having to bounce back and forth when a good discussion breaks out.

So, should we make this a regular thing?

can we ban sbee from our board for the rest of the week?

and, if it's not too much trouble, mhughes as well? (at least until he stops spewing nonsense about Shane Morris deserving to start.)

Like I said in the other thread: M should pass to set up the run.

No more toying with this team till the end. Do not feel sorry for them for their personnel losses and get this fucking game over early. This is where the road to East Lansing starts. I want to blow thru these fuckers and make this game something theyll never forget. Run up the score, taunt them, shit on the field, the whole 9 yards.

I guess ND should win ....unless Michigan does.

Love,
Sbee the girlie Troll

(He's just worried Oregon will roll Sparty)

I expect a few trick plays as well at some point whether fake punts or flea flickers etc. Or at least typically in a rivalry game you see that. Does Nussmeier have that kind of stuff in his playbook I wonder? I honestly don't know.

I remember in '12, on one of the few drives early where we actually moved the ball, Borges called a trick halfback pass, and Vincent Smith threw it directly to an ND player (not Te'o) in the middle of the field, with no Michigan receiver within 5 yards in any direction. Our next 4 drives ended in INTs.

Hope it won't be necessary to pull any trick plays saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember in '12, on one of the few drives early where we actually moved the ball, Borges called a trick halfback pass, and Vincent Smith threw it directly to an ND player (not Te'o) in the middle of the field, with no Michigan receiver within 5 yards in any direction. Our next 4 drives ended in INTs.

Hope it won't be necessary to pull any trick plays saturday.

I remember that play like yesterday. Under a minute left in the first quarter, putting together a great drive, and on first and goal Borges dials up the halfback pass. Smith throws a pick to their safety. Terrible play call.

I expect a few trick plays as well at some point whether fake punts or flea flickers etc. Or at least typically in a rivalry game you see that. Does Nussmeier have that kind of stuff in his playbook I wonder? I honestly don't know.

the only trick plays I remember them running at Alabama the last few years were 1) give the ball (insert name of their top 3 Heisman finalist tailback) and have him run through gigantic holes created by their 3 all-american and 2 all-SEC linemen or 2) play action to (insert name of their top 3 Heisman finalist tailback) then their top 10 heisman finalist QB hung out behind 3 all-american and 2 all-SEC lineman while their top 5 heisman finalist receiver streaked down the field for a TD reception. Other than those two, I don't think they used a lot of other trick plays.

Last edited:
if you want to relive some Borges hate, read the play-by-play of the 2012 UM-ND game.

as much as I liked Denard, I am glad that era is OVER.

Or you could just read this:
por-nursery-humpty-dumpty.jpg

the only trick plays I remember them running at Alabama the last few years were 1) give the ball to their top 3 Heisman finalist tailback and have him run through gigantic holes created by their 3 all-american and 2 all-SEC linemen or 2) play action to their top 3 heisman finalist tailback then their top 10 heisman finalist QB hung out behind 3 all-american and 2 all-SEC lineman while their top 5 heisman finalist receiver streaked down the field for a TD reception. Other than those two, I don't think they used a lot of other trick plays.

Carr always had a double reverse or the occasional flea flicker but yeah, Nussmeier seems pretty straight forward. The Bama fan in the office told me he's glad they got rid of Nuss ...too conservative.

Now he has lane kiffin

If Michigan ends up winning I expect something funny at the end of the game during their exit. Last game between these two for a while.

Carr always had a double reverse or the occasional flea flicker but yeah, Nussmeier seems pretty straight forward. The Bama fan in the office told me he's glad they got rid of Nuss ...too conservative.

Now he has lane kiffin

yeah, clearly i was being facetious but it's easy to be conservative and not take risks when you control the line of scrimmage (on both sides of the ball) and have elite talent at the skill positions as well. why would he run trick plays w/ those squads Alabama has had? How are you going to explain to Saban who's about to burst a blood vessel that you just lost 10-20 yards on botched reverse or flea flicker when your line routinely opens holes big enough to drive a bus through and/or keeps the defense from even getting a clear view of your QB?

Last edited:

Now he has lane kiffin

That Bama fan clearly doesn't know Nuss's history of improving QBs.

Yeah, he is a Bama fan and actual Alum, but his dismissal of Nuss seemed a reach. Of course Bama loses coordinators every year.

Brian Kelly seems pretty worried about saying the wrong thing at today's presses.

Lol.

He's going opposite of cankles prior to the 2006 ass-whipping, but seems overly worried about the "rivalry" and Chicken Dance ...

Back