Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mitch to NBA - Skips 1 year ncaa suspension

Remember when we won the Big 10 with a 6'4" PF? I'm not saying we will win the Big 10 next year, but the coaching staff will have this team ready to roll.

Its bizarro world that we have total faith in our basketball coaches and none in our football coaches. But it is the world we live in.

They were thin last year, as evidenced by the manhandling of Kentucky on the boards. But, every year Michigan seems to develop cohesion, and the freshman play way ahead of their schedule. Michigan will be fine.

What this dpes is it makes Wisconsin head and shoulders the favorite to win the B10 ,uch like Sparty was last year. And I like how that turned out.

Wheels, it's really not that bizarre when you consider Michigan football hasn't done anything relevant in recent memory other than win a meaningless BCS game, and Michigan basketball in the past two seasons has made a national title and won the B10.

What this dpes is it makes Wisconsin head and shoulders the favorite to win the B10 ,uch like Sparty was last year. And I like how that turned out.

hopefully wisconsin gets 4 seasons worth of injuries packed into one year, that would open it up for other teams.

no matter what ridiculous suspension for weed for first offense

criminal actions are not regulated at all by NCAA but drugs are

even with new talent it will be challenging next year

stauskas and mitch signed with Bartelstein dad
GRIII with Aaron Mintz

Who knows. Maybe he was going pro regardless.

Mitch had been tested throughout the season, he failed his 5th or 6th test after passing the prior ones. He did an incredibly stupid thing knowing that he was being tested regularly, but who knows, he may have been at a party and had a few drinks and someone passed a J.

It's a stupid rule, but Mitch was equally stupid for smoking knowing a test was likely.

not sure who was dumber...coach for letting him dress knowing he was never going to play. Or player who agreed to dress knowing he could be tested and smoked the night before. WHole lot of dumb shit happening here lol.

Mitch is the stupid one

Athletes can be tested at any time

#1 he should be suspended upon entering the NBA if the league has any integrity left.

#2 who whould even draft him? He has what a half season of play and a history of injury....

#1 he should be suspended upon entering the NBA if the league has any integrity left.

#2 who whould even draft him? He has what a half season of play and a history of injury....

#1 You are an idiot. Disappear from this board.

There were tweets from the mlive reporter

NBA scouts most likely not as concerned about this
Supposedly ine Saudi 70% of league dies this

Still a late pick but as we said someone will take the chance

Disappointed all around. NCAA year suspension for this is just unbelievable. Wish Mitch good luck in the NBA but am disappointed. I think he could have been a legendary player at UM, but now will only be a footnote at most.

not sure who was dumber...coach for letting him dress knowing he was never going to play. Or player who agreed to dress knowing he could be tested and smoked the night before. WHole lot of dumb shit happening here lol.

According to the article, the NCAA could test Mitch even if he was at home sitting on his couch. The NCAA is not limited to only testing guys who dress for the game. I'd say Mitch was the dumb one here, not Beilein.

plus beilein wouldn't know he had smoked and had no indication of past inovlving that

just unfortunate all around

i don't care about horford, he had no impact and he wasn't happy - better for him to have left even if family giving bad advice

i don't know how the insurance works in basketball since kids could come out as freshman but if mitch does bench seat and is not injured, he will go to europe if he wants to play

According to the article, the NCAA could test Mitch even if he was at home sitting on his couch. The NCAA is not limited to only testing guys who dress for the game. I'd say Mitch was the dumb one here, not Beilein.

doesn't there have to be something more to this? If the NCAA handed out 1 year bans for everyone that smokes pot then there would be no NCAA basketball lmao. I can guarantee you ATLEAST 40% of NCAA basketball smokes pot. Yes im generalizing....No im not racist....YES im correct in that assumption and probably low balling the number by about 20% atleast.

Last edited:
it is ncaa given test

duiring the school year the school gives test and has its own penalties

during the tournament it is ncaa administered - they claim others have been nabbed but no names given

it is ncaa given test

duiring the school year the school gives test and has its own penalties

during the tournament it is ncaa administered - they claim others have been nabbed but no names given

and the ban is 1 year? what kind of old white crackers came up with that rule?

Back