Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mitch to NBA - Skips 1 year ncaa suspension

good thing that he found out about this suspension before the deadline to declare. he's the same age as graduating seniors though, he had plenty of time to develop

Amazing that the NCAA is curtailing the career of a player who is a potential profit center for this amazingly greedy and corrupt institution. But there's a bus load of kids waiting to take his place so what's the difference I suppose?

good thing that he found out about this suspension before the deadline to declare. he's the same age as graduating seniors though, he had plenty of time to develop

Yeah, he'll be 22 in a couple months. Imagine if the suspension had been handed down after the deadline. That would have really screwed him.

So what are we looking at now?

PG-Walton
SG-Levert
SF-Irvin
PF-Chatman
C-Donnal

Something like that?

If Chatman and Donnal develop their games, that's still a lethal offensive lineup.

Last edited:

PG-Walton
SG-Levert
SF-Irvin
PF-Chatman
C-Donnal

Something like that?

If Chatman and Donnal develop their games, that's still a lethal offensive lineup.

There's a high chance we have to endure growing pains though. Walton and Irvin weren't exactly lighting the world on fire the first half of last season. Walton especially is going to have to make tremendous strides forward as a PG next season. He'll have to be able to get the ball to these guys in places they are comfortable and can build confidence.

Could this at all change Hoford? If Horford knew <itch was coming back and thats why he left and now Mitch is gone. Could Horford come back?

Why is this the first time we have ever heard of such a thing? People need to think about this, too. Of all the kids that are caught smoking weed, have we ever heard of a year long suspension, especially of a high profile player? The SEC kids are constantly smoking weed and getting caught by their own teams. Where's the NCAA to test them? You'd figure the NCAA would make trips to the south so they can suspend have the football teams of that conference. I mean, where theres smoke theres fire right(no pun intended)? Kids are coming up positive and getting suspended by their own team for a couple games or one, so lets go test them ourselves. Right NCAA? This is fucking bullshit.

PG-Walton
SG-Levert
SF-Irvin
PF-Chatman
C-Donnal

Something like that?

The other question is who's coming off the bench? Spike and a bunch of freshmen? Maybe Huff? Not a lot of depth there.

1 year for weed? That's insane!! Another thing I want to know is that if he did not dress for the game could he have still been randomly selected to take the test?

1 year for weed? That's insane!! Another thing I want to know is that if he did not dress for the game could he have still been randomly selected to take the test?

I don't think so but I is a good question... It was a mistake to dress him if so... Article sounds like he would not have been tested if he was not dressed... Not sure though..

I feel like we need a press conference with Allen Iverson right now. We're talking about weed man! Weed! Not cocaine. Not heroin. Weed man!

Not sure. Makes me wonder if the whole suspension thing was targeted, or something dirty like that.

Oh well... Move on use the scholarship wisely and keep rebuilding Michigan hoops....
This does hurt though..

Pretty stupid by McGary using the weed and dressing for the Vol's game.... All party's bare responsibility to know the rules.. I am pretty confident that JB would not have dressed him if he knew he was smoking or eating weed... If that was the testing rules... Then it is all on Mitch and his dumb family..

If Mitch leaves, I think he may be the most disappointing bb recruit at Michigan I've ever seen. He had one good tourney last year, but was average in his regular season. This year he didn't even get to play much and didnt do well when he did. Then deciding to leave for a possible bench position in the nba...maybe the nbadl.

I'd add Irvin to a possible early departure next year. He and Levert are going to be the guys next year. He'll have every chance to succeed

Agree with this post

Back