Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mitch to NBA - Skips 1 year ncaa suspension

Pretty stupid by McGary using the weed and dressing for the Vol's game.... All party's bare responsibility to know the rules.. I am pretty confident that JB would not have dressed him if he knew he was smoking or eating weed... If that was the testing rules... Then it is all on Mitch and his dumb family..

This

But still absurd by ncaa to suspend a year in bball

Should have just stayed in his suit

That doesn't matter. The article said McGary could have been home in his PJs and he's still eligible to be tested.

That doesn't matter. The article said McGary could have been home in his PJs and he's still eligible to be tested.

This. I read in an article that as long as McGary is part of the team, it didn't matter if he dressed or if he was sitting on a couch at home.

Also explains why Beilein never said anything at the banquet about Mitch and just talked about max and Donnal,having to have big year next year

Could be. About testing in team but still stupid and way to stiff a penalty

Why is this the first time we have ever heard of such a thing? People need to think about this, too. Of all the kids that are caught smoking weed, have we ever heard of a year long suspension, especially of a high profile player? The SEC kids are constantly smoking weed and getting caught by their own teams. Where's the NCAA to test them? You'd figure the NCAA would make trips to the south so they can suspend have the football teams of that conference. I mean, where theres smoke theres fire right(no pun intended)? Kids are coming up positive and getting suspended by their own team for a couple games or one, so lets go test them ourselves. Right NCAA? This is fucking bullshit.

the atheltic departments are the ones who administer the in season tests, the NCAA tests for the NCAA tourney, bowl games and they have their own draconian policies. Mitch said that if got caught by the school he would have had a 3 game suspension.

The Italy trip is going to be huge for this team. The young frontcourt really needs those games to help them get ready for the season.

They have a lot of big bodies coming in (Donnal, Doyle, Wilson, even Chatman to some extent). Michigan needs two of those guys to really develop.

But despite all the departures, I am still so much more excited for the future than the other big money maker sport on campus.

Last edited:
I wonder if Sean Hannity will help Mitch fight the NCAA because of the proportionality of offense and punishment.

They have a lot of big bodies coming in (Donnal, Doyle, Wilson, even Chatman to some extent). Michigan needs two of those guys to really develop.

But despite all the departures, I am still so much more excited for the future than the other big money maker sport on campus.

Chatman is going to be awesome. He's 6'8" and Bacari has said he could end up playing some PG in the future. Ah reminders of Jalen. I think Wilson is going to bring more to the table then most are thinking in his first year. He might be skinny, but he's 6'9", very athletic, and he can really shoot it. I think he is going to be a pleasant surprise this coming season. Everyone is high on Donnal, so maybe our frontcourt won't be big and punishing but more like JB's teams at WV who could stretch the floor from every position.

Last edited:

I'm excited about men's basketball too, but I'm still pretty excited about softball.

Hutch never rebuilds; she just reloads.

There has been talk that Donnal was killing people in practice at the end of last year. Not sure how true that is, but if it is, then we should be okay. I just don't know how much i trust a bunch of first year players, none of which are over 6'9.

Chatman is going to be awesome. He's 6'8" and Bacari has said he could end up playing some PG in the future. Ah reminders of Jalen. I think Wilson is going to bring more to the table then most are thinking in his first year. He might be skinny, but he's 6'9", very athletic, and he can really shoot it. I think he is going to be a pleasant surprise this coming season. Everyone is high on Donnal, so maybe our frontcourt won't be big and punishing but more like JB's teams at WV who could stretch the floor from every position.

Did you watch him in the Jordan Brand Classic? I don't think there's even a slight chance he plays PG. Not even for a minute. He's tall - I think taller than the advertised 6'8 - and is good with the ball, but doesn't have college level PG skills.

the atheltic departments are the ones who administer the in season tests, the NCAA tests for the NCAA tourney, bowl games and they have their own draconian policies. Mitch said that if got caught by the school he would have had a 3 game suspension.

I know the drill, its just funny that the NCAA hasnt caught any big names or people that actually contribute up until now.

Did you watch him in the Jordan Brand Classic? I don't think there's even a slight chance he plays PG. Not even for a minute. He's tall - I think taller than the advertised 6'8 - and is good with the ball, but doesn't have college level PG skills.

I did not, but I am going to trust our coaching staff on this one. I don't think Bacari meant a starting PG, but some spot duty at PG.

I did not, but I am going to trust our coaching staff on this one. I don't think Bacari meant a starting PG, but some spot duty at PG.

I normally trust them as well, I just don't see him being capable for even spot duty at that position. He handles about like GR3 did this year. Decent, but definitely not a PG. Then again, it was an all star game and he had to force anything to get himself shots. I hope Bacari is right. Another Jalen would be nice.

I normally trust them as well, I just don't see him being capable for even spot duty at that position. He handles about like GR3 did this year. Decent, but definitely not a PG. Then again, it was an all star game and he had to force anything to get himself shots. I hope Bacari is right. Another Jalen would be nice.

I try not to put too much stock into the all-star games. They usually just look like slop basketball and that's why I stay away from them. Even if he can't play PG, he's still a very exciting recruit and I think he will help a ton this season. From everything I've heard, he loves to rebound and we need a guy like that.

I remember some scoffing when they said that Levert could see some time at pg this year.

Players have faced lighter suspensions for felony assault resulting in jail time. Sucks to lose a promising player this way not to mention the possible harm the NCAA is doing to this kid.

Last edited:
Players have faced lighter suspensions for felony assault resulting in jail time. Sucks to lose a promising player this way.

Yeah he could have beat the hell out of his girlfriend and raped another girl and still played but fail one test after passing 8 others in 2 years and hes done for a year.

FWIW a lot of teams start two power forwards instead of a center, michigan may be in that position. starting Donnal and Chatman may work, but after that you guys will be pretty thin.

Back